One of the best true rockbands that's still around you all should go see

st0n3r

Monster Magnet 2010 tour

support: Seventh Void (side project by Type O Negative members)

Nov 3: Cologne - Live Music Hall

Nov 4: Bremen - Aladdin

Nov 6: Aalborg - Aalborg Metal Fest

Nov 7: Gothenburg - Brewhouse

Nov 8: Oslo - Rockefeller

Nov 10: Helsinki - Nosturi

Nov 12: Stockholm, Sweden - Klubben

Nov 13: Malmo - KB

Nov 14: Copenhagen - Loppen

Nov 16: Eindhoven - Effenaar

Nov 17: Ghent - Vooruit

Nov 18: Cardiff - Millennium Music Hall

Anyone going? This is really one of the best rock shows you can see nowadays. Monster Magnet always delivers! Seriously, ALL their albums are good and their liveshows are insane. They've got a new album coming called 'Mastermind', to be released in Oktober. The supportband (of whom I never heard before) also sound pretty good.

Edited by st0n3r

"I went to see a heavy metal band in New York...called Monster Magnet. Man, they were heavy, boy. The lead singer got on the monitor, and he said, "How many of you people feel like human beings tonight?" Then he said, "How many of you feel like animals?" And everyone cheered after the animals part. But the thing is, I cheered after the human being part because I did not know that there was a second part to the question. "Yes, I do feel like a human. I do not feel like a tree."

I've seen em a couple times in the past, would love to see em again. Hopefully they'll do some US shows and come close.

One of the most wild concerts I've ever been to was a Monster Magnet/Buckcherry show. Strippers doing some sweet stuff to each other on the stage, security was smoking joints with us, it was a good time.

I've seen em a couple times in the past, would love to see em again. Hopefully they'll do some US shows and come close.

One of the most wild concerts I've ever been to was a Monster Magnet/Buckcherry show. Strippers doing some sweet stuff to each other on the stage, security was smoking joints with us, it was a good time.

I really think they aren't that popular anymore in the US and fail to attract enough people to do a succesful tour. A shame for those who want to see them, because I've never been dissapointed by them. Also looking forward tot heir latest album.

New Jersey's MONSTER MAGNET will release its long-awaited new album, "Mastermind", this October via Austria's Napalm Records..

Comments the band's guitarist/vocalist Dave Wyndorf: "['Mastermind' is] a big, beefy ball of demented anthems and power rock. The music itself is exaggerated and muscular. Like classic rock gone insane! Giant hooks, giant sounds. The rockers are direct and intense. The ballads trippy and strange. It's guitar heaven."

And the lyrics? Wyndorf laughs. "Well, the lyrics read like a fever-dream of life in the 21st century. Cynicism, optimism, satire, sex, deluded fantasies and dead-on reality. They're all here — sometimes even in the same song!

"In my world, images, information and emotions tend to intertwine. I'll describe the smallest details of my personal life in crazy, cinematic terms.

"When I write, the words play out in my mind like scenes from a movie and that's the vibe I tried to capture on 'Mastermind' — rapid-fire emotion.

"What can I say? I'm having a weird life and I have to write it down that way.

"In the end though, 'Mastermind' ROCKS, and that's what's most important."

In celebration of the record's impending release, the band has re-launched its web site: MonsterMagnet.net. Focused around the late October worldwide release of "Mastermind", the re-launch also serves as the world premiere of the new album's cover artwork, designed by Invisible Creature (WOLFMOTHER, CHRIS CORNELL, FOO FIGHTERS).

"Mastermind" track listing:

01. Hallucination Bomb

02. Bored With Sorcery

03. Dig That Hole

04. Gods and Punks

05. The Titan Who Cried Like A Baby

06. Mastermind

07. 100 Million Miles

08. Perish In Fire

09. Time Machine

10. When The Planes Fall From The Sky

11. Ghost Story