Street Of Dreams

CoBrA2168

I don't miss Finck, but I did happen to stumble on an old 2002 bootleg CD I had made and hadn't listened to those versions in a while and it is sad how much Axl neutered this song compared to the old version.

He used to sing it like he was neutered.

Edited by DocBrown

I miss Robin.

After sticking it out for so long it is a shame that we cant see him play HIS solos live - esp This I Love.

I like DJ, but for me he doesnt play with the same feel as Finck does.

Finck was a unique character and love him or hate him, he left his mark.

Buckethead and Robin Finck were the 2 best things about the new GN'R

Good news is, Bucekthead's still making music, and Robin's back with NIN :thumbsup:

..and yes, The Blues / Street of Dreams, one of the better songs on CD, as played live best of all by Buckethead and Robin Finck, at Rock n'Rio :thumbsup:

I do not miss him, but I can see why some might. I never liked him very much in Guns, he fits much better with NIN in my mind

This. I like his stuff on the album, but DJ plays it better suited to Guns live anyway. He wrote some good stuff with potential, but DJ just tweaks it slightly to give it what Guns need.

I do not miss him, but I can see why some might. I never liked him very much in Guns, he fits much better with NIN in my mind

This. I like his stuff on the album, but DJ plays it better suited to Guns live anyway. He wrote some good stuff with potential, but DJ just tweaks it slightly to give it what Guns need.

I don't know...to my ears Ashba's playing of Robin's guitar parts is really bad. His tone is not right for it and it just sounds off. Finck's solos just don't work without his feel and sound imo.

I think he plays the old Guns songs and Bucket's Sorry solo really great though.

I don't know...to my ears Ashba's playing of Robin's guitar parts is really bad. His tone is not right for it and it just sounds off. Finck's solos just don't work without his feel and sound imo.

I think he plays the old Guns songs and Bucket's Sorry solo really great though.

I was thinking of This I Love in particular, his Sorry solo is great too. I haven't paid much attention to his Street of Dreams or Better Finck covers to be fair. Sounded pretty good in the shows I was at though.

I was thinking of This I Love in particular, his Sorry solo is great too. I haven't paid much attention to his Street of Dreams or Better Finck covers to be fair. Sounded pretty good in the shows I was at though.

Yeah, DJ sounds very good live. I think he fits this band. The chemistry is there, and he's got what it takes, at least playing wise.

I just liked Robin better as the lead guitar player for Gn'R. But we've got a cool line up now.