This I Love SOLO

W 23 Axl III

Anyone ever listen to TIL and realize the solo is way too high in the mix? It should have been taken down a few decibels during the final mix......and to think, after all that time, and the mix isn't 100% perfect. Im sure Axl wanted the solo to really slam in, but its just way too loud.

You cannot be serious

Anyone ever listen to TIL and realize the solo is way too high in the mix? It should have been taken down a few decibels during the final mix......and to think, after all that time, and the mix isn't 100% perfect. Im sure Axl wanted the solo to really slam in, but its just way too loud.

You cannot be serious

Who are you to judge the mix???

Unless you are the mixer chosen or Axl himself, I don't think you know what you're talking about, how to mix an album or the original intentions of the artists...

what a pathetic thread

Really guys? Really?

I agree with the others, the mix is what was intended... it's supposed to be like that. It's not really something you can discuss unless you're in GN'R or the mixer.

You can't be fucken serious... So because we aren't in Guns or the sound engineer we can't talk about the "sound" of the "music"?? What are we meant to talk about then? Axl's shoes? Quit swinging on Axl's nuts. You guys should see the Metallica fans absolutely crucifying the band for the absolute SHIT mix of Death Magnetic, should they not be entitled to an opinion? Oh Geez, lets stop all negative talk about Guns in general, unless your a member of Guns... Fucken joke some people are...

Edited by Young_Gun

I don't think it's even swinging on Axl's balls this time, it's just stupidity. In fact, I would say half the album was mixed mediocrely. IRS the guitars are too low, TIL the guitars too high, Riad sounds extremely muddy, ITW I thought had too high lead electric guitars, and SOD had too high piano in my opinion. That doesn't stop me from loving the album.

Well, since I've heard the orchestral arrangement that is hidden under the solo, I can only agree...

Indeed. One has to wonder why anyone would go to the effort, expense and trouble in putting together an awesome orchestral arrangement, only to have it pretty much un-audible... Im still pretty happy with the overall mixing, it didn't turn out like Metallica's Death Magnetic which was full of clipping and very distorted.

Mixing is entirely subjective, like the music itself.

I like it. Some say "but you can't even hear all the instruments blaha"... but that's because not all instruments can be in the forefront together. Some things are meant to be in the background, there if you listen for them, beefing up the sound.

Some want louder guitars, some want lower guitars, some want less keyboards, some want more keyboards, punchier bass, bassier bass...

There's no right way to do things.

Mixing is entirely subjective, like the music itself.

I like it. Some say "but you can't even hear all the instruments blaha"... but that's because not all instruments can be in the forefront together. Some things are meant to be in the background, there if you listen for them, beefing up the sound.

Some want louder guitars, some want lower guitars, some want less keyboards, some want more keyboards, punchier bass, bassier bass...

There's no right way to do things.

Hmmmm while your right not all the instruments can be at the forefront, i think most peoples complaints are that some instruments are TOO much in the front. Having a lead guitar drowning out the backing instruments only makes it harder. If they toned down the lead guitar a tad, the other instruments could be mo audible. Its not about all the instruments being at the forefront, its about the instruments all being about equal or there abouts. There levels of each instrument would have a pretty big range difference when compared. If they bought them closer together it would be more audible. But im very happy with the album as a whole.

I was listening to it in my car last night and I had to turn the volume down for the solo. The high notes were piercingly loud.

Exactly. Best response in this thread. Its a great song....even Robin did a good job on the solo......but its just a little bit too hot in the mix. Thats all I am saying....your description of piercing is actually very good, thats what the solo is, piercing....

Great song though!

I like the solo but I agree with the first poster. It's very loud in relation to the volume in the rest of the song.

Whenever I listen to TIL on my ipod I always turn the ipod down in advance.

The only other mixing issue I have is with shackler's revenge. When Axl sings 'I don't believe there's a reason I don't believe it',

it feels like there's a weird high pitched sound beneath 'I don't believe it' that makes it difficult for me to listen to.