This I Love SOLO

W 23 Axl III

I agree with the others, the mix is what was intended... it's supposed to be like that. It's not really something you can discuss unless you're in GN'R or the mixer.

You can't be fucken serious... So because we aren't in Guns or the sound engineer we can't talk about the "sound" of the "music"?? What are we meant to talk about then? Axl's shoes? Quit swinging on Axl's nuts. You guys should see the Metallica fans absolutely crucifying the band for the absolute SHIT mix of Death Magnetic, should they not be entitled to an opinion? Oh Geez, lets stop all negative talk about Guns in general, unless your a member of Guns... Fucken joke some people are...

Fuck you cunt, step away from the keyboard if you can't tolerate other peoples posts without blowing your fucking top.

The OP thinks it too high in the mix, it's NOT, it's how it supposed to be, it's not a mistake... but I'm sorry, carry on - should it be a little lower in the mix? Would that make it better? Couple of decibels up? A couple down? Great thread!

Are the colors on the Mona Lisa too bright? Perhaps he should have toned it down a little - what do you think? More beige? More neutral tones?

It's ART not fucking DIY.

Edited by axl8302

I agree with the others, the mix is what was intended... it's supposed to be like that. It's not really something you can discuss unless you're in GN'R or the mixer.

You can't be fucken serious... So because we aren't in Guns or the sound engineer we can't talk about the "sound" of the "music"?? What are we meant to talk about then? Axl's shoes? Quit swinging on Axl's nuts. You guys should see the Metallica fans absolutely crucifying the band for the absolute SHIT mix of Death Magnetic, should they not be entitled to an opinion? Oh Geez, lets stop all negative talk about Guns in general, unless your a member of Guns... Fucken joke some people are...

Fuck you cunt, step away from the keyboard if you can't tolerate other peoples posts without blowing your fucking top.

The OP thinks it too high in the mix, it's NOT, it's how it supposed to be, it's not a mistake... but I'm sorry, carry on - should it be a little lower in the mix? Would that make it better? Couple of decibels up? A couple down? Great thread!

Are the colors on the Mona Lisa too bright? Perhaps he should have toned it down a little - what do you think? More beige? More neutral tones?

It's ART not fucking DIY.

318_hippo-man-rawr.gif

I would say "piercing" is def an important element of Finck's style, it's one of the things he does best. Awesome solo.

You are so right. DJ's guitar sounds too "soft" compared to Robin's screeching and piercing style. Chinese Democracy and Better sound dramatically different and more boring without the Robin sound. The sharpness of the guitar is what made Better Better. Same with CD.

Yet they had so much time to rehearse and especially get the gear right. I think the 'piercing' sound is more about gear than anything else.

So... why is DJ using so different gear?

because he is his own person, As much as I want Bucket back, I wouldnt want Ron to play exactly like him, the same as I wouldnt want Dash to play exactly like Finck.

I would say "piercing" is def an important element of Finck's style, it's one of the things he does best. Awesome solo.

You are so right. DJ's guitar sounds too "soft" compared to Robin's screeching and piercing style. Chinese Democracy and Better sound dramatically different and more boring without the Robin sound. The sharpness of the guitar is what made Better Better. Same with CD.

Yet they had so much time to rehearse and especially get the gear right. I think the 'piercing' sound is more about gear than anything else.

DJ has a basic American rock radio tone: Les Paul -> Mesa Boogie. Robin had a more complex and original rig.

DJ has a basic American rock radio tone: Les Paul -> Mesa Boogie. Robin had a more complex and original rig.

And original tone.

And original tone.

Finck? Yep