Marc Canter gives an interview to GNR's portuguese fans

GUNNER PT

Axl will give you the truth This line tells everything ;)

That caught my attention too.

Some slash fans won't believe it... :lol:

COULD NOT AGREE MORE...

I believe Axl would give more truth over slash because despite how badly axl pisses people off, (these same morons running around this forum bitching and moaning about axl)BOTTOM LINE, Slash does wayyyy more interviews with Axl. Some naive people look at it as slash being cool, when really, he's just looking for attention and wanting the world to believe him. So that way they back him up and put pressure on Axl..Axl wants to keep it private and between them. As much as Axl even pisses me off some times sorry guys but I have to be fair and objective. Slash likes attention, Axl doesnt. Axl likes to piss people off, slash likes to manipulate and lie to them. Personally, I think they should get a room.

No... I believe Axl refers to Slash whoring himself out to MTV soon after the breakup and blaming the breakup on Axl and thus turning the public opinion against Axl.

:lol: Still blaming Slash?

Axl went on late at Sturgis, Reading, Leeds and Dublin because Slash had him bound and gagged backstage.

lolmygnr

lolrocketking

had no idea slash was into gay sex tactcs...interesting :P

Edited by AxlRose14

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Star magazine reports Axl Rose’s ex-girlfriend Stephanie Seymour has no interest in seeing him on the Guns N’ Roses comeback tour. “Would I ever have a conversation with him again? God no,” Seymour snarled. “I can’t believe I lived through that.”.

ohgod, here comes This I Love, TWAT, Better, SOD parts 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6.

Had Slash not bailed, that endeavor never would have been necessary.

Had the working conditions not gotten toxic, Slash would never have left most likely, or Duff, or Matt (although he was fired for saying something about the working conditions).

What you're arguing is akin to an angry boyfriend blaming the woman for leaving an abusive relationship rather than staying for the continued abuse/beatings because he didn't want to find a new girlfriend. It's insanity.

Since when has Marc's opinion become Bible :lol: His opinion is just that, an opinion. To try and use it to support Axl OR Slash is ridiculous :lol:

He's a pretty significant and interesting guy, in GnR-land actually.

He's said some things that put Slash's version of events into question.

Talk of the devil....

Edited by MoonWalker

Had the working conditions not gotten toxic, Slash would never have left most likely, or Duff, or Matt (although he was fired for saying something about the working conditions).

Lets just assume for the mere fun of it that Duff and Matt bailed because they realized Slash wasn't returning under any circumstances and Axl simply couldn't get the bearings to forge ahead with any productivity. They left because they felt a sinking ship and didn't like what the band meant to them anymore. Then this whole situation brews down to an Axl/Slash stalemate. Slash made the power play by quitting; either to put the band on ice for later, or to have his way with it forever. No matter how toxic their relationship had been to that point; it then became the point of no return.

What you're arguing is akin to an angry boyfriend blaming the woman for leaving an abusive relationship rather than staying for the continued abuse/beatings because he didn't want to find a new girlfriend. It's insanity.

Not quite insanity my friend. I'm comparing a business relationship between two people who no longer had any respect towards one another, you're comparing a romantic couple at the brink of meltdown. My insanity is that I recognize that Slash made the first step towards terminating his position in GNR and had it not occured, you possibly wouldn't be so frustrated with the band today.

Slash made the power play by quitting; either to put the band on ice for later, or to have his way with it forever.

Power Play???!! where are you getitng htis stuff from??...There was no power play by Slash..he did not threaten Axl that if he did not get his way he would quit he just quit....Axl owned the rights to the name so Slash could never had done anything with the name even if he wanted to........your statement has no merit

Yeah..lol.

Power play? Right or wrong, seems as if Axl made the ultimate power play; Something about I ain't singing till you guys, do this. :rolleyes:

Edited by SunnyDRE

Since when has Marc's opinion become Bible :lol: His opinion is just that, an opinion. To try and use it to support Axl OR Slash is ridiculous :lol:

He's said some things that put Slash's version of events into question.

Like what?

Why don't you ask him himself, he's posting right now. :) he's posted here before, I shouldnt have to find the quotes, it's not for me to do, either. Slash has said things that aren't strictly true about Axl, according to Marc.

Where's Jackie? He'd enjoy this.

[

Axl will give his account. He just might view it differently to everyone else.

Again, Axl is not going to lie. Sometimes things are viewed differently by the people involved in a dispute , So that's why you have to hear everyone's point and then try to understand where they are coming from. In some of their disputes there's no right or wrong, just 2 sides with different perspectives. Life is not perfect and some things fall apart. Thats just the way it is. That is why there are so many divorcees. There is no reason to fight about who is to blame. Just let it go. There is nothing you can do about it. Enjoy what ever new music they give you and know that they are giving you the best they can give.

Edited by recklessroad

Toxic is an interesting choice of word for that particular argument.

I don’t like getting involved in the Slash v Axl or Old Guns v NuGuns arguments as I personally love everything GnR.

As I’ve said elsewhere I’d love to see Duff back in the band but in terms of Slash I’m more than happy with DJ (and Ron) and don’t see a need to change it. That said, I’m no Slash detractor as I have is new album, have played it to death and love it!

So, usually I don’t need to get involved as I can see that other peoples opinions vary and that’s fair enough, but...

The one thing that does wind me up is when people (generally the pro-slash brigade) fail to acknowledge that Slash and Duff were in absolute self destruct mode during the peak of GnR and almost killed themselves and the band whilst Axl remained focused.

Can anyone really blame Axl from wanting to secure the rights to the band whilst the toxic twins mk2 were taking the RnR lifestyle to the absolute extream – No!!!.

When the band re-grouped for SFTD in 94 we always hear the story about Slash being pissed off by Paul Huge being ‘around’ and how this was the beginning of the end as Axl began to distance himself from the other members, and in general these stories are told in a way that make Axl out to be a villain for forcing first Gilby and then Slash out (mainly because the stories came from Slash of course), but on the other hand Slash and Duff were on route to a burst pancreas (Duff) and a Pacemaker (Slash) at this time.

Perhaps we should consider that just maybe, Axl had good reason to distance himself from both of them and to ensure he did everything he could to protected the GnR name.

Its also funny how the pretty non rock star Dizzy didn’t suffer the same desire to walk or cause friction. Its also interesting how the relatively ‘clean’ Izzy and Gilby have also both shared a stage with Axl over the past decade. The laid back and genuine top bloke Sebastian Bach also seems to stick by him – I guess he cant be that bad after all?!?.

We’ll never know who speaks the most truth, but when Axl said that Slash was very good at being Slash he certainly hit the nail on the head. Slash had more reason to be outspoken after the split as he was suddenly an absolute ICON without a band. Even without that band he wasn’t really anything other than Slash from GnR, so he needed to talk about it (and the split) just to keep himself ‘out there’.

All past gunners are important as they form the legacy of this amazing band, who continue to thrill people to this day.

I personally believe Slash needs a reunion for more than Axl does (I’m talking personally, not financially) and I myself hope it never happens.

Edited by omg1999

I don’t like getting involved in the Slash v Axl or Old Guns v NuGuns arguments as I personally love everything GnR.

As I’ve said elsewhere I’d love to see Duff back in the band but in terms of Slash I’m more than happy with DJ (and Ron) and don’t see a need to change it. That said, I’m no Slash detractor as I have is new album, have played it to death and love it!

So, usually I don’t need to get involved as I can see that other people opinions vary and that’s fair enough, but...

The one thing that does wind me up is when people (generally the pro-slash brigade) fail to acknowledge that Slash and Duff were in absolute self destruct mode during the peak of GnR and almost killed themselves and the band whilst Axl remained focused.

Can anyone really blame Axl from wanting to secure the rights to the band whilst the toxic twins mk2 were taking the RnR lifestyle to the absolute extream – No!!!.

When the band re-grouped for SFTD in 94 we always hear the story about Slash being pissed off by Paul Huge being ‘around’ and how this was the beginning of the end as Axl began to distance himself from the other members, and in general these stories are told in a way that make Axl out to be a villain for forcing first Gilby and then Slash out (mainly because the stories came from Slash of course), but on the other hand Slash and Duff were on route to a burst pancreas (Duff) and a Pacemaker (Slash) at this time.

Perhaps we should consider that just maybe, Axl had good reason to distance himself from both of them and to ensure he did everything he could to protected the GnR name.

Its also funny how the pretty non rock star Dizzy didn’t suffer the same desire to walk or cause friction. Its also interesting how the relatively ‘clean’ Izzy and Gilby have also both shared a stage with Axl over the past decade. The laid back and genuine top bloke Sebastian Bach also seems to stick by him – I guess he cant be that bad after all?!?.

We’ll never know who speaks the most truth, but when Axl said that Slash was very good at being Slash he certainly hit the nail on the head. Slash had more reason to be outspoken after the split as he was suddenly an absolute ICON without a band. Even without that band he wasn’t really anything other than Slash from GnR, so he needed to talk about just to keep himself ‘out there’.

All past gunners are important as they form the legacy of this amazing band, who continue to thrill people to this day.

I personally believe Slash needs a reunion for more than Axl does (I’m talking personally, not financially) and I myself hope it never happens.

Good post.

Although I would love to see a reunion for at least just one show. I love current Guns and I don't want them to disappear. That's why I'd only like to see a reunion if it was for just one show, or at most, one tour. The dream would of course be for both bands to co-exist, but that's pretty much impossible.

Saying that, I'd still rather have new material from Guns N' Roses than a reunion. The current band is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to hear original material from them.

All of the ex members had their addictions but I am trying to understand exactly how they were destroying Guns N Roses? If you believe all that was written they never missed a show, something Axl can't claim, were ready to go on stage on time every show , again something Axl can't claim, and showed up to recording sessions together once again something Axl can't claim to have done......so with all due respect I am curious how you think they were trying to destroy the band while Axl was trying to keep things together? really just want to understand where you are coming from.........

great post :thumbsup::)

Can anyone really blame Axl from wanting to secure the rights to the band whilst the toxic twins mk2 were taking the RnR lifestyle to the absolute extream No!!!.

so with all due respect I am curious how you think they were trying to destroy the band while Axl was trying to keep things together? really just want to

Good post. I didnt say they were 'trying' to destroy GnR, I said their actions and lifestyles almost killed them and GnR whilst Axl stayed focussed , which is hard to dispute.

At 35 Slash and Duff had almost killed themselves whilst Axl had stayed focused enough to secure the name of at that time, one of the biggest bands in the world.

As for his motives, survival of the fittest I guess (thus "last man standing" as he put it).

Edited by omg1999

Like someone else already posted, what happened was that the people in the band couldn't come in to agreement of what their next album should be like. Therefore people got split apart. But what I can't comprehend is why all the hatred between Axl and the rest of the "original lineup"? Or more so why Axl hates them so much?

Like someone else already posted, what happened was that the people in the band couldn't come in to agreement of what their next album should be like. Therefore people got split apart. But what I can't comprehend is why all the hatred between Axl and the rest of the "original lineup"? Or more so why Axl hates them so much?

Well cleary he doesnt hate Izzy or Duff and they don't hate him.

Steven was kinda disowned after being given chances to sort himself out and not taking them - not sure if he's hated or not.

Of the later members he doesn't hate Gilby and Gilby doest hate him as they've played together in fairly recent times.

Guess that leaves Slash. And of course Matt who is probably hated by virtute of him taking sides.

Edited by omg1999

I really would like to thank Rosie for her questions and Marc for this fantastic interview ... it can really help people to clarify some things.

17 - Any idea why GN’R shows start so late sometimes? Is it really Axl’s fault or is there something else that people refuse to see? And if you feel this is Axl’s responsability only, in your opinion, why does he insists on it?

Axl doesn't set a goal to go on late. If he could he would always be right on time. If he is not ready to go on than he is not ready. Axl will give you everything but only when he is ready. If he is not ready there is nothing to give. Thats the way it has always been. It's Victory or Death nothing in between.

I always though that should be a reason for Axl to get late on stage ... and i don't know way ... but i like to belive that there's a reason .... and its not just because he wants ... or because he's a prima donna .. or because e doesn't respect his fans ...

It's Victory or Death nothing in between.
>>>> That's why this band still is Guns N' Roses. rock3 Edited by GUNNER PT

From what I could see Axl is not happy about everything that went down and feels Slash stole many years of his life.

That tells me there is a lot of mental illness going on there if Axl really believes that.

How many times was Axl sued by Slash? How long did the court battles drag on?

I don't even need this quote to realize Axl probably feels this way. Slash's lawsuit over the licensing of songs to movies, at the very least, became a joke as soon as the list of crap he wanted to attach GN'R's name to came out. I'd be pissed too, if I got dragged into court over that.

So, usually I don’t need to get involved as I can see that other peoples opinions vary and that’s fair enough, but...

We’ll never know who speaks the most truth, but when Axl said that Slash was very good at being Slash he certainly hit the nail on the head. Slash had more reason to be outspoken after the split as he was suddenly an absolute ICON without a band. Even without that band he wasn’t really anything other than Slash from GnR, so he needed to talk about it (and the split) just to keep himself ‘out there’.

Excellent post!

All of the ex members had their addictions but I am trying to understand exactly how they were destroying Guns N Roses? If you believe all that was written they never missed a show, something Axl can't claim, were ready to go on stage on time every show , again something Axl can't claim, and showed up to recording sessions together once again something Axl can't claim to have done......so with all due respect I am curious how you think they were trying to destroy the band while Axl was trying to keep things together? really just want to understand where you are coming from.........

But they did pass out on stage and have to be held up. Nothing major but they ain't no angels either. So Axl could have worried about whether they would take GnR down.

I think Marc's interview is one of the most unbiased and frank interviews I've read. Great read.