U.K. Fans Slam AXL ROSE's 'Glorified Covers Band'

matthewlang

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they are a glorified cover band. The majority of live material played are songs they didn't write.

BUT who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your step-dad isn't your original dad. But he is still married to your mom, and he is still helping raise you every day. He is still your dad - whether he is a step-dad or your biological father.

Cry and whine all you want. This is the version of GnR that we have today. No amout of bitching is going to change that fact. So sit back and enjoy the ride.

The only thing Axl had to do in order to avoid all the cover band criticism was to NOT use the name Guns N Roses, even if he owns it. Shelve it and bring it back if/when appropriate. What's transpired over the last 10 years is not the right time nor is it deserving of the legendary GNR name.

"If you're going to be late, at least play your hits."

Spot on

Uh Jungle, Live and Let Die, Sweet Child, You could be mine, November Rain, Paradise City, Night Train.... you got the big three in there plus other fan favorites... seems covered to me.

SERIOUSLY if people are pissed off Slash isn't there they shouldn't bother showing up. Slash hasn't been part of GNR for 15 years.. its like holding a torch for your high school girlfriend when your in your mid 30's... GET ON WITH IT

"If you're going to be late, at least play your hits."

Spot on

Which hits didn't they play?

Anyway, the two people who mentioned Slash in the video (and Duffy apparently. The girl who sang 'Mercy'?) must have been about five years old when Slash left GNR. Get a fucking grip.

Edited by axldavies

lol Can't even imagine what went through the mind of the people who went to see the 2002 lineup not knowing that the top-hatted one wasn't in the band anymore :xmasssanta:

when i first saw RiR III i thought bucket was either

1.slash

2.a parody of slash.

i didnt realize the guy wearing the kfc bucket was serious.

as for the video.

what the fuck ever!

not everyone was wet over the 92' tour either....

Edited by Jackie Moon

So half of them were pissed because Slash wasn't there, and the second half enjoyed the show because they didn't mind Axl being late.

Boring.

NO. THEY WERE ALL FRUSTRATED AND PISSED OFF BECAUSE AXL ROSE SHOWED UP LATE..They're biast because Axl pissed them off with the WHOLE SHOW...walking off, the power cut at the end, SHOWING UP LATE...that pisses people off, naturally people will want to find a camera and take a stab at the guy just to relieve some stress.

The new band has already proven it can go toe to toe with the original lineup..Slash makes friends in that country, Axl pisses them off. It's the same as what people around here say about the band.

Edited by AxlRose14

I'l repeat. Media didn't watch the same concert the crowd did. Crowd pissed? The crowd singing along on the proshots was awesome!

yea, DURING THE SHOW!!! When the bands set was cutoff thats when people got pissed because a lot of them probably new there was a curfew and got RIPPED OFF of a guns n roses show. Cmon guys WAKE UP

"they should have played the hits" - THEY PLAYED ALL THEIR CLASSIC HITS!

"No slash or duff" - Since when the hell does that matter? The original lineup is dead and buried they knew it before the show because those were the people who BOUGHT THE TICKETS TO SEE GUNS N ROSES NOW!!! You mean to tell me when they bought their tickets they really believed slash was there? Some of you are just reacting and not thinking what the fans really mean..

Other fans said "Guns n roses rule" because they clearly have more love and respect for the band, aka true fans, they clearly expected the last start hell knowing therew was gonna be a fucking curfew and probably weren't surprised...realistically too the band put on a hell of a show, but not everyone is gonna see that because AXL ROSE SINGLE HANDEDLY LEFT A BITTER TASTE IN THEIR MOUTHS..same reason most people in the world blame him for the original lineup breakup. Slash seems chill, duff seems chill, izzy seems chioll, hey wait a minute, axl seems like a dick. Must be his fault!! Bullshit...

The people were just like anyone else, pissed off and biast. And the fans who knocked on Axl well once again...he pissed them off, and I consider myself a true gnr fan but even I think they have a right to be. You make people wait an hour, doesnt matter how long, it's just plain REDICULOUS. Axl walks on and off the stage during the set...probably confuses people but probably not really a big deal either. Axl has that right. Lastly, the set was cut short. There's just no reason for this and Axl Rose isn't tough by trying to be his REBEL SELF AND JUST CALL THEIR BLUFF. They said they were gonna pull the plug and they did.

Edited by AxlRose14

Guest RonMexico82

The original line up made history, in good and controversial ways. The new line up does exactly the same thing. That's what GNR is all about.

are we living in the same dimension?

No shit sweetness :lol:

@bangit I have yet to see evidence of the new line up making history? Except their involvement with the most expensive album ever made that will go down in the history books as a monumental failure. Something that I find to be unduly harsh but ultimately unsurprising.

Edited by RonMexico82

I'l repeat. Media didn't watch the same concert the crowd did. Crowd pissed? The crowd singing along on the proshots was awesome!

yea, DURING THE SHOW!!! When the bands set was cutoff thats when people got pissed because a lot of them probably new there was a curfew and got RIPPED OFF of a guns n roses show. Cmon guys WAKE UP

"they should have played the hits" - THEY PLAYED ALL THEIR CLASSIC HITS!

"No slash or duff" - Since when the hell does that matter? The original lineup is dead and buried they knew it before the show because those were the people who BOUGHT THE TICKETS TO SEE GUNS N ROSES NOW!!! You mean to tell me when they bought their tickets they really believed slash was there? Some of you are just reacting and not thinking what the fans really mean..

Other fans said "Guns n roses rule" because they clearly have more love and respect for the band, aka true fans, they clearly expected the last start hell knowing therew was gonna be a fucking curfew and probably weren't surprised...realistically too the band put on a hell of a show, but not everyone is gonna see that because AXL ROSE SINGLE HANDEDLY LEFT A BITTER TASTE IN THEIR MOUTHS..same reason most people in the world blame him for the original lineup breakup. Slash seems chill, duff seems chill, izzy seems chioll, hey wait a minute, axl seems like a dick. Must be his fault!! Bullshit...

The people were just like anyone else, pissed off and biast. And the fans who knocked on Axl well once again...he pissed them off, and I consider myself a true gnr fan but even I think they have a right to be. You make people wait an hour, doesnt matter how long, it's just plain REDICULOUS. Axl walks on and off the stage during the set...probably confuses people but probably not really a big deal either. Axl has that right. Lastly, the set was cut short. There's just no reason for this and Axl Rose isn't tough by trying to be his REBEL SELF AND JUST CALL THEIR BLUFF. They said they were gonna pull the plug and they did.

"No slash or duff" - Since when the hell does that matter?

Together they represent 2/5ths of the Guns N'Roses sound.

On that night on 2010 Reading, what people got to hear was 1/5th of the Guns N'Roses sound.

Reading don't want cover bands.

Edited by star

People have gotten to hear 1/5th of Guns n' Roses for the last decade.

Using that as an argument in 2010 as to why the band sucks after witnessing a show is not really fair.

Sure, you can hate the new band for being exactly that, 1/5th of the original lineup, but acting surprised and disappointed that Slash wasn't here after a show, in 2010, is laughable and dishonnest.

OR they genuinely didn't know that Slash wasn't in GnR anymore...which makes them VERY lousy Slash fans to begin with.

People have gotten to hear 1/5th of Guns n' Roses for the last decade.

Using that as an argument in 2010 as to why the band sucks after witnessing a show is not really fair.

Sure, you can hate the new band for being exactly that, 1/5th of the original lineup, but acting surprised and disappointed that Slash wasn't here after a show, in 2010, is laughable and dishonnest.

OR they genuinely didn't know that Slash wasn't in GnR anymore...which makes them VERY lousy Slash fans to begin with.

No one's saying 'hate' or 'sucks', what they are saying is, it's not Guns N'Roses. It's Axl Rose and a bunch of other guy's covering Guns N'Roses music.

Some people can't accept that and never will, while others, they are simply happy to hear the music covered.

Edited by star

The old line up were never at leeds or reading they didnt exist then.

The original line up made history, in good and controversial ways. The new line up does exactly the same thing. That's what GNR is all about.

Everyone has their opinion, mine is this, AXL is Guns and is the reason this band are legendary. Not slash or any of the others apart from Izzy. Ironic how Izzy made the most significant contribution to guns apart from Axl and if you asked one of these cunts who he was they wouldn't have a clue. Tommy and dizzy are more GNR than Slash.

Glorified cover bands don't play original material. Thick fuckers.

I am answering your last three points:

1. This new lineup does whatever Axl says - HE'S the band right now nobody gives a shit about any of the other clowns on stage.

2. Slash is of equal importance to GNR, that's why people laugh at Axl now and why they play to half empty venues and are mortified to tour the US.

3. Original material is all Axl's, so they are even covering CD. Half of those no-names weren't even around when the songs came to be. Please don't think this is a band. It's a bunch of somewhat stable guys that for now can tolerate Axl's bullshit cause the pay is good. They don't write or have a say in anything.

Axl's biggest mistake wasn't parting ways with Slash, it was choosing to use the GNR name to do whatever the fuck it is he's done over the last 15 years (one album and <100 shows). He's had lots of time to prove himself and it hasn't happened. It's fine to buy the name, but you don't have to use it, just shelve it and prevent others from using it - don't make a fucking mockery of it.

Edited by GeorgeGlass