Would anyone else like to see Axl release a solo album before the next Guns album?

Best Regards

Ok, we already know from a 2009 interview that if Axl were to do a solo album it would be very instrumental. I was thinking it would be cool if Axl were to get a solo record out of his system prior to the next offical Guns N Roses album. He's the only original member not to release a solo album since the original lineup's demise. I'd personally love to see what he could come up with on his own, outside of GNR, and what the material would be like. Nothing short of perfection, I'm sure ...

What do you all think?

CD IZ A SOLO RECORD LOLOLOLOL"

I think Axl made it perfectly clear that Chinese wasn't a solo album and why. There was way too much energy from all those involved with Chinese's creation for it to have been a solo album. K? Thx. Bye. :rolleyes:

Clearly you did not read the "inb4" part before the joke about Chinese Democracy being a solo record. Had you read that, you would have seen that I was not saying it is a solo record, but I was mocking possible future posters that might come into this thread and say that.

K THX BYE

I think Axl made it perfectly clear that Chinese wasn't a solo album and why. There was way too much energy from all those involved with Chinese's creation for it to have been a solo album. K? Thx. Bye. :rolleyes:

Clearly you did not read the "inb4" part before the joke about Chinese Democracy being a solo record. Had you read that, you would have seen that I was not saying it is a solo record, but I was mocking possible future posters that might come into this thread and say that.

K THX BYE

Yeah, I'm sure that was your intention. To me, it sounds like someone is still pissed that Slash isn't in the band. Way too many Slash cupcakes on this forum. :rolleyes:

K THX BYE

CD is a solo record. Doesn't matter if it is called GNR.

Surely all the apologists can admit that.

K THX BYE

It'd certainly be a solo album compared to a new album written with the current line-up.

Can somebody please ban this Axl-hating cupcake?

My copy of Chinese Democracy says it's by Guns N Roses. Yet, I have some no-name internet cupcake telling me that it's a solo album.

Hmm ... I wonder who I should believe? :rolleyes:

My copy of Chinese Democracy says it's by Guns N Roses. Yet, I have some no-name internet cupcake telling me that it's a solo album.

Call it what you want. Everyone who owns the record, knows whose vision it was.

I wouldn't worry about it. He means well. But some people struggle with the fact that we've changed milleniums since that old lineup played together, and life moves on, evolves.

Sad really.

Sunny, honey, curious, would you buy a CD that was put out under the name of Axl Rose only?

K THX BYE

Yeah, I'm sure that was your intention. To me, it sounds like someone is still pissed that Slash isn't in the band. Way too many Slash cupcakes on this forum. :rolleyes:

Are you even serious? :lol:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inb4

I'm one of the biggest Axl supporters on this forum. Get your facts straight, mang.

I wouldn't worry about it. He means well. But some people struggle with the fact that we've changed milleniums since that old lineup played together, and life moves on, evolves.

Sad really.

I'm not worried about it, but I don't believe he means well. I've been viewing this forum for a couple of months now, and I have yet to see him ever comment positively about this band. I thought this was supposed to be a fan forum? I get sick and tired of watching these cupcakes diss my favorite band. Isn't there a section of the forum for those who still wish it was 1988? He should be posting there with the other mullets who long for the good ol days.

"Vision" is a meaningless word. The songs were written and played by more than one person and therefore is not a solo album.

"Vision" is a meaningless word. The songs were written and played by more than one person and therefore is not a solo album.

I agree, and they made the album with the intent that it follow in the lines of a GnR album (I didn't say it would sound exactly the same as AFD).

But that's an interesting point. What is the definition of a solo album? Obviously, most artists that put out a solo album didn't play and write alone. Slash didn't on his current album.

K THX BYE

He did clearly state "inb4".

And don't assume people dislike Guns N' Roses simply because Slash is no longer in the band.

Trust me, I'm also a huge Axl supporter. Try to use some manners though. There's no need to ridicule a fellow Guns fan.

Edited by HB3

Sad really.

I'm not worried about it, but I don't believe he means well. I've been viewing this forum for a couple of months now, and I have yet to see him ever comment positively about this band. I thought this was supposed to be a fan forum? I get sick and tired of watching these cupcakes diss my favorite band. Isn't there a section of the forum for those who still wish it was 1988? He should be posting there with the other mullets who long for the good ol days.

Ok former banned member. If a poster is consistently posting something that you disagree with, they have this thing were you can block the poster and never have read anything he has to say.

I say plenty of positive things about gnr, but some people want to focus on my posts, that they percieve are negative, and that is their own fucking probelm. Some people on here don't actually read what the post says; They read what they want. **shrugs**

But anyway, like my buddy Nintari use to say: "Step away from the keyboard and get out there and interact with some real people. If you did that, perhaps you wouldn't take your persona on here so seriously. "I will NOT be tricked,trolled and/or dragged out of here by some little e-lynch mob" - Whoa, holster your gun Sheriff!"

Edit: I find it funny, that fans would call for other fans to be banned. No wonder this band is losing fans.

Stupidest fanbase in the world. Oh and I happen to belong to that stupid fanbase, despite what some of you (who focus to much on me) happen to think.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Sad really.

Ok former banned member. If a poster is consistently posting something that you disagree with, they have this thing were you can block the poster and never have read anything he has to say.

I say plenty of positive things about gnr, but some people want to focus on my posts, that they percieve are negative, and that is their own fucking probelm. Some people on here don't actually read what the post says; They read what they want. **shrugs**

But anyway, like my buddy Nintari use to say: "Step away from the keyboard and get out there and interact with some real people. If you did that, perhaps you wouldn't take your persona on here so seriously. "I will NOT be tricked,trolled and/or dragged out of here by some little e-lynch mob" - Whoa, holster your gun Sheriff!"

Edit: I find it funny, that fans would call for other fans to be banned. No wonder this band is losing fans.

Stupidest fanbase in the world. Oh and I happen to belong to that stupid fanbase, despite what some of you (who focus to much on me) happen to think.

You are not a fan, thus calling for you to be banned doens't impact the band in any way. You're not part of the fanbase, you're just here to cupcake. The original poster was right - there's a section for you to talk about the old band, since that's all you care about, if anything, other than antagonizing people. And I'm not even sure if you're a fan of them. I've never seen you say a single positive thing about this band in all the posts I've read from you.

The block feature is really a moot point since most people won't use it. Which is why you continue to attempt to get attention and cupcake the board on a daily basis. Which is sad actually - your quote about going out and interacting with people, well I suggest you take your own advice.

I wonder though if you act in real life the way you act on here. If someone brings up a topic you don't agree with, do you scream out the same argument at the top of your lungs over and over (i.e. It's not Gn'R!!!) until they're absolutely sick of you? Because I'd love to see that, but at the same time, that must be one sad, lonely existence.

Something tells me however that you're much better behaved in public. Shame you haven't learnt the same lesson online.