Would anyone else like to see Axl release a solo album before the next Guns album?

Best Regards

I wouldn't worry about it. He means well. But some people struggle with the fact that we've changed milleniums since that old lineup played together, and life moves on, evolves.

Sad really.

I'm not worried about it, but I don't believe he means well. I've been viewing this forum for a couple of months now, and I have yet to see him ever comment positively about this band. I thought this was supposed to be a fan forum? I get sick and tired of watching these cupcakes diss my favorite band. Isn't there a section of the forum for those who still wish it was 1988? He should be posting there with the other mullets who long for the good ol days.

But I will defend that Sunny is allowed to speak his mind, within forum rules. I don't mind when members have a different viewpoint than mine and disagree with the way GnR is progressing, and it is done in a discussion tone. What is tiring when some other members just throw out things like 'nuGNR sucks' without anything concrete or constructive to add.

CD IZ A SOLO RECORD LOLOLOLOL"

I think Axl made it perfectly clear that Chinese wasn't a solo album and why. There was way too much energy from all those involved with Chinese's creation for it to have been a solo album. K? Thx. Bye. :rolleyes:

Clearly you did not read the "inb4" part before the joke about Chinese Democracy being a solo record. Had you read that, you would have seen that I was not saying it is a solo record, but I was mocking possible future posters that might come into this thread and say that.

K THX BYE

CD is a solo record. Doesn't matter if it is called GNR.

Surely all the apologists can admit that.

Was Audioslave a Cornell solo record? Axl didn't write most of the music on CD, letting everyone else do their thing. Is it a "GNR" record? No, just like Audioslave wasn't Rage Against the Machine or Soundgarden....but it wasn't a solo record.

To be honest, I'm not sure Axl's capable of making a true solo record. Maybe if it were all piano songs, but outside of that, I just don't think he's that type of artist.

Edited by Nintari

Axl shouldn't be working on a solo album.. He should be working on music for his band.. The same should all the other guys in the band..

In my opinion they are working on too much outside of GNR.. They can release all the solo albums they want when they leave GNR, but while they are here they should use their energy here too..

Ok. Well, to do a solo record Axl would have to assemble a band and go in the studio, and it would take forever. He already has a band that he works well with. If he used the same band for a solo record, then what would be the point of the solo record? It would be the same thing as Guns n Roses. So he would have to build an entirely new band. That's difficult.

Just doesn't make any sense, and he'll never do it. The truth is, GNR is Axl's solo project. Yeah, there's other people involved, but he is the boss. Maybe GNR isn't as pure of a solo project as an official solo project from Axl, but it is still all in his hands.

I don't think Axl has the motivation to do a solo record.... He obviously doesn't have the deep need to create new music anymore since nothing new has been written since 2005 or 2006. He has band of killer musicians, you'd think he'd want to get together and jam with them but from the sound of things that has not happened. I'm definitely not holding my breathe for a new album solo or otherwise anytime soon. I guess if Axl decides to release the other album worth of material worked on by robin and bucket we MIGHT get another album in the next few years BUT as far as NEW material it doesn't look like Axl has any desire to write new stuff.

I don't think Axl has the motivation to do a solo record.... He obviously doesn't have the deep need to create new music anymore since nothing new has been written since 2005 or 2006. He has band of killer musicians, you'd think he'd want to get together and jam with them but from the sound of things that has not happened. I'm definitely not holding my breathe for a new album solo or otherwise anytime soon. I guess if Axl decides to release the other album worth of material worked on by robin and bucket we MIGHT get another album in the next few years BUT as far as NEW material it doesn't look like Axl has any desire to write new stuff.

I agree for the most part. He is sitting on a huge amount of material. The guy spent so many years in the recording process, it's understandable why he'd be burnt out by it. I think more than the music part, just being Axl Rose and dealing with all the business/legal/personal drama has probably made him completely sick of his career. I'm sure I would be.

I think Axl would release new material with the band, but a few things would have to happen: first off, the band needs to get together and start writing. They need to write some really classic, awesome songs. Then Axl might get inspired. But unfortunately, at this point of the business side of things controls the situation. No point writing and trying to release a new album when you don't have support or you have a million obstacles in the way.

CD wasn't promoted. CD's release got screwed up completely. Just remember that. Imagine how hard it is for Axl and the band to remember that?

Can somebody please ban this Axl-hating cupcake?

My copy of Chinese Democracy says it's by Guns N Roses. Yet, I have some no-name internet cupcake telling me that it's a solo album.

Hmm ... I wonder who I should believe? :rolleyes:

Oh please! Of course Chinese Democracy is a solo album! Simply because Axl is the boss and has the last say in everything that happens. And we all know why this "band" is still called Guns N' Roses...

I think Axl made it perfectly clear that Chinese wasn't a solo album and why. There was way too much energy from all those involved with Chinese's creation for it to have been a solo album. K? Thx. Bye. :rolleyes:

Clearly you did not read the "inb4" part before the joke about Chinese Democracy being a solo record. Had you read that, you would have seen that I was not saying it is a solo record, but I was mocking possible future posters that might come into this thread and say that.

K THX BYE

Yeah, I'm sure that was your intention. To me, it sounds like someone is still pissed that Slash isn't in the band. Way too many Slash cupcakes on this forum. :rolleyes:

says someone who is a member of this forum since 2 weeks.....

Ok. Well, to do a solo record Axl would have to assemble a band and go in the studio, and it would take forever. He already has a band that he works well with. If he used the same band for a solo record, then what would be the point of the solo record? It would be the same thing as Guns n Roses. So he would have to build an entirely new band. That's difficult.

Just doesn't make any sense, and he'll never do it. The truth is, GNR is Axl's solo project. Yeah, there's other people involved, but he is the boss. Maybe GNR isn't as pure of a solo project as an official solo project from Axl, but it is still all in his hands.

Very well said. :thumbsup:

You applied simple logic here but meaningful.

K THX BYE

You sir, are an idiot.

Can somebody please ban this Axl-hating cupcake?

My copy of Chinese Democracy says it's by Guns N Roses. Yet, I have some no-name internet cupcake telling me that it's a solo album.

Hmm ... I wonder who I should believe? :rolleyes:

Oh please! Of course Chinese Democracy is a solo album! Simply because Axl is the boss and has the last say in everything that happens. And we all know why this "band" is still called Guns N' Roses...

its still called guns n roses because IZZY DUFF AND SLASH SOLD AXL THE RIGHTS FAIRLY...they all had a difference of opinion and moved on. You really have attachment issues dont you?? Like your the guy who still can't get over the girl doing somebody else...like shes not into u anymore drop the bitch and move on!!

I dunno...I never understood humans with attachments in life.. *facepalm*

+1

Well funny or not, Chinese Democracy is the vision of one man. Adding some guitar parts or tweaking this or that should not give someone credits on an album. It is very apparent by the melodies, lyrics and overall songs that Axl was 99% of the album. The other 1% should be credited to ProTools.

+1

Now it is his solo project...but he could do a whole album with his vocals and protools.

I wouldn't worry about it. He means well. But some people struggle with the fact that we've changed milleniums since that old lineup played together, and life moves on, evolves.

Sad really.

I'm not worried about it, but I don't believe he means well. I've been viewing this forum for a couple of months now, and I have yet to see him ever comment positively about this band. I thought this was supposed to be a fan forum? I get sick and tired of watching these cupcakes diss my favorite band. Isn't there a section of the forum for those who still wish it was 1988? He should be posting there with the other mullets who long for the good ol days.

Ok former banned member. If a poster is consistently posting something that you disagree with, they have this thing were you can block the poster and never have read anything he has to say.

I say plenty of positive things about gnr, but some people want to focus on my posts, that they percieve are negative, and that is their own fucking probelm. Some people on here don't actually read what the post says; They read what they want. **shrugs**

But anyway, like my buddy Nintari use to say: "Step away from the keyboard and get out there and interact with some real people. If you did that, perhaps you wouldn't take your persona on here so seriously. "I will NOT be tricked,trolled and/or dragged out of here by some little e-lynch mob" - Whoa, holster your gun Sheriff!"

Edit: I find it funny, that fans would call for other fans to be banned. No wonder this band is losing fans.

Stupidest fanbase in the world. Oh and I happen to belong to that stupid fanbase, despite what some of you (who focus to much on me) happen to think.

I wrote that as a response to Nintari, get it right sunny.

The whole "Chinese Democracy is solo record" debate is old and boring and will never be solved.

Some people people don't think GNR is GNR without Slash and the crew... some people are over it and consider DJ, Richard n company just as GNR...

I personally see it as it is GNR is an evolution led by Axl... people come and go and I've enjoyed them all (with the exception of Buckethead- while I love his playing I cringed seeing him on a gnr stage). If you think Chinese Democracy is a solo album and hate it I suggest you GET THE FUCK OVER IT.. if you like it is really nothing but semantics..

One thing is for sure... we will NEVER see an album by Axl Rose...

The whole "Chinese Democracy is solo record" debate is old and boring and will never be solved.

Some people people don't think GNR is GNR without Slash and the crew... some people are over it and consider DJ, Richard n company just as GNR...

Yeah, they sure were all over Chinese Democracy!