What does everyone think of Frank Ferrer?

GN'R Forever

This is my all-time GNR drummer rankings:

1. Adler

2. Brain

3. Ferrer

411230591823318123912. Matt Fucking Sorum

you should add a couple (hundreds) of zeros to that number

i think frank is awesome. he is the most rock n roll drummer since adler, bud as many others say: brian is probably the best they've had.

Edited by henfjel

Frank's enthusiasm is great. He enjoys himself onstage and gets the crowd going.

This. Seeing them with Brain, and Frank, I actually prefer Frank. Just because he seems more into it, and seems to be a genuinely nice guy. Not talking skill at all though - I'm not much of a judge.

Honestly I'm one of those guys who doesn't notice the drummer much unless it's Tool, Fear Factory, or a couple other bands. As long as they don't do anything very obviously wrong, I won't catch any imperfection.

I know fuck all about drummers so I can't really comment but i'm surprised nobody's mentioned Josh Freese yet.

i thought about mentioning him, but i don't know too much about his work in guns to say something about him. but his drumming on OMG is outstanding!

I think Frank is solid, but I have to say, Brain was one of the best choices that Axl could have picked for his drummer. I think Brian was really similar to Adler's style of drumming but also with more technical aspects. But I saw them live with Frank, and it was still great. He has a lot of power behind the drums.

For me, he earned a PILE of respect when he was onstage with Tool, playing Lateralus, and keeping with Danny Carey, was a truely breathtaking moment when I saw the youtube, unfortunately I wasnt there. Doubt many could accomplish that to begin with, given Mr Carey's calibre of playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2zGA8BDauQ&feature=related

and Brain, although great..cant really hold a CANDLE to Mr Carey.

Edited by happyguy35

I know fuck all about drummers so I can't really comment but i'm surprised nobody's mentioned Josh Freese yet.

We never really got to hear much of him. I'm guessing that's why. At least not with GN'R I mean.

Aye yeah but I thought that a lot of Brain's playing on CD was effectively Josh's beats transcribed and copied note for note.

He did do Josh's stuff note for note but after that he launched straight into his own thing. Logically you would assume he went back over the Josh stuff and did his own thing. Basically, where Josh is credited on the liner notes, that's where the drums are similar but I doubt they are exact replications.

We never really got to hear much of him. I'm guessing that's why. At least not with GN'R I mean.

Aye yeah but I thought that a lot of Brain's playing on CD was effectively Josh's beats transcribed and copied note for note.

He did do Josh's stuff note for note but after that he launched straight into his own thing. Logically you would assume he went back over the Josh stuff and did his own thing. Basically, where Josh is credited on the liner notes, that's where the drums are similar but I doubt they are exact replications.

I'm sure Brain did a lot of his own thing but he was actually quoted as saying Axl wanted him to play Josh's beats note for note. I'll try and find the link.

I know he said it man don't worry. It was during a video interview on his site. But he also said in a recent interview posted on here that he started doing his own shizzle staright after. No doubt there are recordings of Brain literally playing not for note so he could, as Axl said, get his "feel" on the tracks. I just don't personally think that had much impact on the final recordings, Brain had been in the band for about 9 years before the record hit shop shelves. No real way of knowing though, for all we know Josh's work could be all over the songs set for future albums.

Edited by plonker88