A Very Special Thank You To Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses

Amir

I was going through some terrible depressive episodes this summer, and I constantly felt like I was battling some demons inside of me. A lot of my dreams and plans had turned to dust, and I was really starting to despair. I didn't tell anyone, and on the outside everyone assumed I was as happy as could be.

So it's fair to say I was in a really shit mood when I went to the concert in Paris. This was gonna be my first GNR concert, I should have been really excited, but instead I just felt like I wanted to crawl up in a corner and give up.

And then Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses came on stage. You guys were in great spirits, and you gave it your all. It was inspiring and meant more to me than I could ever explain. Axl, your music has helped me through some dark times before. Your lyrics and melodies let me know that I'm not alone, and that while this world can be cruel and unforgiving, it's worth it for the moments of beauty such as the concert I saw last night.

Thank you Axl, DJ, Bumblefoot, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy, Frank & Chris. I felt everything was right in the world for one brief moment; but nothing lasts forever, even cold November Rain ;)

Haters are gonna hate, but after last night I know what you guys are capable of. It blew me away, and I can't wait to see you guys again. I feel I should write this because you guys seem to get nothing but negative press. But I'll be damned if I can find anything negative to say about last night.

Thank you.

I can so relate to you Amir. I had a terrible summer, lots of all kinds of shit. But I saw GNR in Helsinki, and it really was one of the best days of my life...well at least that 2, 5 hours was great. other than that it was hell though, lol....I suffer from bad panic attacks, and big crowds is the last place I wanna be. But I fucking did it! I`m proud of myself :xmasssanta:

During my life i've had some rough times, and i have yet. I'm not currently going through a good period, i think all that shit around me, i feel depressed and i see no way out.

i feel like a caged animal....

I am in a life that i don't want and i don't know how to get out.

...but whenever i hear the songs of Axl/Guns that i think can make me get out of the coma where i am. the songs gave me strenght and desire to start a new life.

when i saw Axl in concert in Rome made me fell good, a dream that i thought could come true.

I love him since 1987 and just did not think to see him up close and hear live.

I hope Axl understand the importance that his music for us all.

I also hope that plays all the crap they say about him, are just jealous, and we know and do not belive.

with love..... :thumbsup:

ps: sorry for my english, i'm italian girl

Edited by kira1997

During my life i've had some rough times, and i have yet. I'm not currently going through a good period, i think all that shit around me, i feel depressed and i see no way out.

i feel like a caged animal....

I am in a life that i don't want and i don't know how to get out.

...but whenever i hear the songs of Axl/Guns that i think can make me get out of the coma where i am. the songs gave me strenght and desire to start a new life.

when i saw Axl in concert in Rome made me fell good, a dream that i thought could come true.

I love him since 1987 and just did not think to see him up close and hear live.

I hope Axl understand the importance that his music for us all.

I also hope that plays all the crap they say about him, are just jealous, and we know and do not belive.

with love..... :thumbsup:

ps: sorry for my english, i'm italian girl

i'm having a very good time reading posts in this topic! Great!

That's awesome, Amir, I'm glad GnR fueled your energy, and Kosonen and Kira too!

The music and the attitude are inseperable, that's pure Axl, ha!

Hey, do you guys know Marc Canter's book? Cause that book is really incredible, it shows you first hand what those guys went through to get to where they got, it shows you how hard it was. They had literally NOTHING, except for each other. I find it very inspiring.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

You basically told me to get a life :rofl-lol:

I seriously do have one but shit I feel so down and sick the next day. My throat is all sore and I'm exhausted and you realise the thing you were looking forward to more than ever is over.

I'm also thinking this time round... is this the last tour? :confused:

My post concert depression would be critical if I saw them in 1993 :o

You basically told me to get a life :rofl-lol:

I seriously do have one but shit I feel so down and sick the next day. My throat is all sore and I'm exhausted and you realise the thing you were looking forward to more than ever is over.

I'm also thinking this time round... is this the last tour? :confused:

My post concert depression would be critical if I saw them in 1993 :o

Ha, man, I know what it sounded like. It was not meant that way, I don't know anything about you anyways! :D I'm just talkingf about me, me, me, like everybody always is...

The less posts the more of a life, so yours must be coooool... :P

Don't worry, there is always a next time. If worst comes to worst you book a flight to the other side of the globe or whatever. Axl will never stop performing, unless he is overrun by a truck.

I see what you mean, it was really bad for me back then, he he! The huge stadium, a nice summer breeze, the best music in the world and a taste of superstardome. I just wanted to get out of my boring European city and go somewhere.

And thank you Axl for stopping to sign autographs at 6am outside L'ARC in the pouring rain! Hell, if I was a rock star, I wouldn't have bothered ;)

I've heard so many friends be disappointed when they meet actors or musicians they admire, but thankfully I cannot say the same of Axl Rose. A cool guy all round :)

And thank you Axl for stopping to sign autographs at 6am outside L'ARC in the pouring rain! Hell, if I was a rock star, I wouldn't have bothered ;)

I've heard so many friends be disappointed when they meet actors or musicians they admire, but thankfully I cannot say the same of Axl Rose. A cool guy all round :)

Good on you, man. Glad your heroes helped you out so well.

You are so right. He was so cool outside Bercy at 4am after the gig. The story and photos are in the Paris updates thread. A wonderful end to a fabulous night.

Thanks Axl.

With the problems I have (bi-polar amongest other things) one thing has been a constent in my life and that is that music has always been my "escape" and can bring me back from very dark places. Guns N Roses both orginal and the new band have always been the band with the music that connects with me the most. The songs both in sound and lryics just apply sooo... much to me and what I have and am going through. I know to some it may not make any sense but when I am at rock bottom I can through in a cd or go on youtube and just lose myself in there music and everthing else seems to fade away even if at times it for only the 5-10 mins of a song and give me great sense of relief. One other band that does this also but not to the exstent of GNR is Metallica they have some pretty deep music also, they have one song that only has about 10-15 words in it but the song which is about 10mins just brings out so much emotion for for me I beleive that song is To Live Is To Die. But Coma is THE song that when I listen to it just feels like it was written for me. I know it wasn't but it just applies so much I can't discribe.

@bigcountry: Good to read that music helps you get through life. I guess many GNR fans can relate to what you wrote. There's lots of music out there to fit lots of minds. However, GNR music seems to be appealing deepest to those who have a certain strongheaded rebel mind - at least deep within. :D

Keep on rocking, man. :thumbsup:

Edited by Granny

I was at the Vienna show and I'd like to add my thanks to those already listed. When I was young, eons ago, I used GNR songs (esp. Patience) to get myself through some horrible times. Even now, when things are upsetting me, I can listen to the music and it honestly feels like a hug or something. I know it is my own emotional attachment to the music, but it still feels good. And to be at that show and hear the songs that have become my old friends, live, after all of these years... it just felt wonderful. And to hear the new ones... (I'm old and out of the loop)... Wow! I know that Axl didn't have to keep it up and keep pushing to get new music out and get on the road, he probably never has to work again in his life. But I'm very glad he did, it sure made me feel wonderful.