L'ARC Updates (for real)

Amir

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I thought the 4-song pro shot from Reading was one of Axls/GNR's worst ever performances, he was all over the fuckin shop - Now this, this is one of coolest sounds I've heard from Axl and the band in a LONG, long time - Very good!

It would be extremely cool if this was released as a dvd - Of course, that would be too cool so for now, it's good enough to watch on you tube.

Looking forward to Manchester, 2010.

Funny, I thought the 4-song pro shot from Reading was one of Axls/GNR's worst ever performances, he was all over the fuckin shop - Now this, this is one of coolest sounds I've heard from Axl and the band in a LONG, long time - Very good!

It would be extremely cool if this was released as a dvd - Of course, that would be too cool so for now, it's good enough to watch on you tube.

The proshot wasn't that bad. The only one I'd consider "bad" was the Jungle one. The other three were great, especially TIL.

Guest RonMexico82

Yeah those BBC proshots were just awful. I don't really know why though because in Dublin a few days later Axl looked and sounded a lot better. Again here at the secret show they are on fire and showing the POTENTIAL this band has.

I think if they stripped the stage show back a bit it would help. I often think that there is too much going on, when it works it is mindblowing, but when one or more things are off it is horrendous.

I often wonder if Chris Pittman and Dizzy wondered offstage for a few songs would anybody even notice. :shrugs:

Can't see a DVD of this coming out, even though it would be a great move by Axl.

Edited by RonMexico82

The proshot wasn't that bad. The only one I'd consider "bad" was the Jungle one. The other three were great, especially TIL.

Wasn't "that bad" - It was bloody awful - 'This I Love'? I think I've only heard this sound "great" on the Canadian tour (from a vocal viewpoint), unfortunately.

This though, this is very cool..

Wasn't "that bad" - It was bloody awful - 'This I Love'? I think I've only heard this sound "great" on the Canadian tour (from a vocal viewpoint), unfortunately.

This though, this is very cool..

You must not have watched any of the performances of This I love after that. Pretty much every one of them were great. Especially St. Petersberg. Here is a video to see for yourself:

Does anybody know if anybody managed to record "Street Of Dreams" during this acoustic gig?? I'd love to see how well it must have sounded.Axl was in top notch vocal form that night, it seems.Every freakin song sounds spectacular to me.So yeah ... Street Of Dreams, we want you!! What other songs we missing now, anyways?

Does anybody know if anybody managed to record "Street Of Dreams" during this acoustic gig?? I'd love to see how well it must have sounded.Axl was in top notch vocal form that night, it seems.Every freakin song sounds spectacular to me.So yeah ... Street Of Dreams, we want you!! What other songs we missing now, anyways?

SOD, Brownstone, So Easy, Heavens Door. Thats it I think

Well, I take that back as that was excellent - I presume you've picked the best (maybe even, only) one of this quality but yep, pretty flawless. Shame the only one that was repeated on loop to a mass commercial UK audience was awful - but hey-ho..

You must not have watched any of the performances of This I love after that. Pretty much every one of them were great. Especially St. Petersberg. Here is a video to see for yourself:

Well, I take that back as that was excellent - I presume you've picked the best (maybe even, only) one of this quality but yep, pretty flawless. Shame the only one that was repeated on loop to a mass commercial UK audience was awful - but hey-ho..If it's this good when I'm at Manchester, who cares huh.

Well, I take that back as that was excellent - I presume you've picked the best (maybe even, only) one of this quality but yep, pretty flawless. Shame the only one that was repeated on loop to a mass commercial UK audience was awful - but hey-ho..

Well, I take that back as that was excellent - I presume you've picked the best (maybe even, only) one of this quality but yep, pretty flawless. Shame the only one that was repeated on loop to a mass commercial UK audience was awful - but hey-ho..If it's this good when I'm at Manchester, who cares huh.

I'll admit, I picked my favorite version, but that whole leg of the tour they played it pretty great. Several performances I thought were better than the Canada ones, which were great as well. It's just a song that really works live for them. Here is a version I think is just as good from just a few days ago:

Edited by DocBrown