Guns N' Roses @ Geneva - Sep 16th

Spirit

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from gig. Crowd was dead. There were a few half-decent moshes during YCBM, Nightrain n PC (PC had the cool extended intro they tried for the first time at the L'ARC gig), but that was it. It was a real shame, Axl really tried to get the crowd going during KOHD but they were so quiet. It didn't seem that they weren't enjoying it, just that they had quiet reverence for the band (appropriate for Switzerland I guess :P ). Bercy was MUCH more vibrant (the reviews which said people didn't move in Bercy were bullshit, the atmosphere was electric that night). People didn't move to Better, let alone CITR (great performances of both songs though, 3 gigs and I've heard CITR both acoustic and electric :) ). People I spoke to afterwards said they enjoyed the show, so I guess it's just a case of the Swiss being calmer during gigs. Still, I had a great time which is the most important thing ;) (though obviously NOTHING will top the L'ARC gig). Some chick kept trying to grind on me during Murderdolls. I got rid of her by the time the main act started. I had my eyes on a 48 year old biker-tached ginger dude. Nothing gets in the way of my Axl Rose enjoyment. NOTHING.

I should probably seek professional help :P

Choice quote: Axl, just before Better: "Just because I'm hungover doesn't mean I get to go home early..."

Sounds great, glad you had fun, you're one lucky bastard between the shows and the secret gig... and seriously, get that help! ;) You passed up on a concert chick! ;)

"Switzerland is incredibly pretty, but unfortunately the most boring country I've ever been to."

When you don't live a long time in a contry, you just don't know the country and its people. That's a fact. To think otherwise is what xenophobic fuckheads do.

it's ok they've put in Catcher in the Rey, but it could replace a song from Appetite and not from Chinese, after all it's Chinese Democracy World Tou <_< r! I for one hope they'll play Madagascar in Romania, even if that would mean to get Catcher out, because it rules over Chinese songs. B)

anyway, great show in Swiz. :thumbsup:

Guest Georgiarain

Show start: 10:20

Setlist

01. Chinese Democracy

02. Welcome To The Jungle

03. It's So Easy

04. Mr. Brownstone

05. Sorry

06. Richard Fortus Solo (James Bond Theme)

07. Live And Let Die

08. This I Love

09. Rocket Queen

10. Dizzy Reed Solo (Ziggy Stardust)

11. Street Of Dreams

12. Shackler's Revenge

13. Dj Ashba Solo (Ballad Of Death)

14. Sweet Child O' Mine

15. Band Jam (Another Brick In The Wall)

16. Axl Rose Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road / Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

17. November Rain

18. Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther Theme)

19. You Could Be Mine

20. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

21. Better

22. Nightrain

Encore

23. Catcher In The Rye

24. Whole Lotta Rosie

25. Paradise City

VIDEO (It's So Easy)

http://www.twitvid.com/4YZR3

* packed venue

* Sign in front: please play CITR with a pic of a baseball catcher and rye

* axl's jumping around during rosie, bumble is headbanging

Thanks to jarmo and AdZ

Does anyone know the link on here for the "actual real lyrics" to Catcher ?? Seems that the internet lyrics are pretty off? Thanks!

Just back from gig. Crowd was dead. There were a few half-decent moshes during YCBM, Nightrain n PC (PC had the cool extended intro they tried for the first time at the L'ARC gig), but that was it. It was a real shame, Axl really tried to get the crowd going during KOHD but they were so quiet. It didn't seem that they weren't enjoying it, just that they had quiet reverence for the band (appropriate for Switzerland I guess :P ). Bercy was MUCH more vibrant (the reviews which said people didn't move in Bercy were bullshit, the atmosphere was electric that night). People didn't move to Better, let alone CITR (great performances of both songs though, 3 gigs and I've heard CITR both acoustic and electric :) ). People I spoke to afterwards said they enjoyed the show, so I guess it's just a case of the Swiss being calmer during gigs. Still, I had a great time which is the most important thing ;) (though obviously NOTHING will top the L'ARC gig). Some chick kept trying to grind on me during Murderdolls. I got rid of her by the time the main act started. I had my eyes on a 48 year old biker-tached ginger dude. Nothing gets in the way of my Axl Rose enjoyment. NOTHING.

I should probably seek professional help :P

Choice quote: Axl, just before Better: "Just because I'm hungover doesn't mean I get to go home early..."

Yeah, that's what I meant in the earlier post, the Swiss are a little stiff, so to speak. No offense intended, they got other qualities.

You are Axl's groupie number 1! :)

Catcher?????????

On a non-acoustic show?????

OMG., FINALLY. Now just keep that shit in there forever, please.

WHAT SHE SAID!

Catcher should be a regular. Even if they play it acoustically :D

I'm sure it will be a regular on the next shows. They probably tried it out at a small gig to implement it into their setlist in the future.

Show start: 10:20

Setlist

01. Chinese Democracy

02. Welcome To The Jungle

03. It's So Easy

04. Mr. Brownstone

05. Sorry

06. Richard Fortus Solo (James Bond Theme)

07. Live And Let Die

08. This I Love

09. Rocket Queen

10. Dizzy Reed Solo (Ziggy Stardust)

11. Street Of Dreams

12. Shackler's Revenge

13. Dj Ashba Solo (Ballad Of Death)

14. Sweet Child O' Mine

15. Band Jam (Another Brick In The Wall)

16. Axl Rose Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road / Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

17. November Rain

18. Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther Theme)

19. You Could Be Mine

20. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

21. Better

22. Nightrain

Encore

23. Catcher In The Rye

24. Whole Lotta Rosie

25. Paradise City

VIDEO (It's So Easy)

http://www.twitvid.com/4YZR3

* packed venue

* Sign in front: please play CITR with a pic of a baseball catcher and rye

* axl's jumping around during rosie, bumble is headbanging

Thanks to jarmo and AdZ

Woooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!! Whole Lotta Rosieeeeeeeeee yeaaaaahh!!!

GN'R does this even better than AC/DC do.

My dream is to see them do this live one say.