Vince Neil Autobiography

Conor

Motley Crue singer Vince Neil says he has "never really had a voice" in all the tales of his three decade career fronting the hard rock band.

But his attempts to finally set the record straight in an autobiography chronicling years of sex, drugs, plastic surgery and numerous arrests, have already landed him back in trouble.

Neil, 49, lashes out at bandmates and attempts to settle old scores with rock rivals in "Tattoos and Tequila", to be published on Thursday.

He has also set off a new feud with music manager and "America's Got Talent" and "X Factor" judge Sharon Osbourne, the wife of former Black Sabbath singer Ozzy Osbourne.

"It really sickens me today to watch everybody fawning all over Sharon Osbourne," Neil writes in the book, recalling a 1984 tour when Motley Crue opened for Ozzy and Sharon was running an especially tight ship.

"This is the most evil, shittiest woman I've ever met," he added.

Osbourne shot back with some choice words of her own.

"He (Neil) has murdered somebody in a car," Sharon Osbourne told the New York Post last week. "He crippled two other people and he is still driving drunk. And that is why I used to keep my husband away from him."

Hanoi Rocks member Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley was killed in Neil's car when Neil was driving drunk in 1984, for which he served a jail term.

Neil was arrested again in June in Las Vegas on suspicion of drunk driving, a week after he released a solo album, also called "Tattoos and Tequila" -- a set of classic rock covers.

HARSH WORDS FOR BANDMATES

Neil told Reuters he doesn't like talking about himself. But he wanted to give his side of the storied history of the band, which has sold about 25 million albums in the United States alone.

Motley Crue released a best-selling band biography called "The Dirt" in 2001.

"There's been so much written about Motley Crue. I've never really had a voice", Neil said of his autobiography.

"This was my experience with Sharon 25 years ago. She was not very kind to Motley Crue," he added in an interview.

Osbourne is not the only target.

Neil, who split from Motley Crue in 1992 and rejoined in 1997, keeps some of his harshest words for his bandmates, whom he has compared to siblings with whom he feuds.

He faulted bassist Nikki Sixx, drummer Tommy Lee and guitarist Mick Mars for not supporting him following the 1984 car accident, and disputed their account of the events that led to his 1992 departure.

The book also seeks to settle scores with old foes such as Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose. Neil reiterates a challenge to Rose to a boxing match that he issued in 1989 after an infamous backstage brawl at the MTV Video Music Awards.

On the sleeve of his book, Neil wrote, "Old rock stars fall hard." But Neil said the hard living has been worth it -- with the exception of the shame he feels about Dingley's death

"I don't have any regrets. Anything that I've done wrong, I've learned from," Neil said.

Neil will spend the fall on tour in support of his solo album and the book. He said Motley Crue plans to start rehearsals early in 2011 for its Crue Fest 3 festival but has no immediate plans for a follow-up to its 2008 hit album "Saints of Los Angeles."

Article: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100920/ten-uk-vinceneil-3334b85.html

More information on the specific passage when the book is published :)

Edited by Conor

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Vince Neil is possibly one of the most annoying 'rockstars'

The constant me me me and the jealously he can't seem to disguise for Tommy and Nikki Sixx (as said by rocketqueen1985)

When I think of him I just remember this short lil hobit jumping around the stage in hooker make up trying to get in front of Tommy.

He also thinks hes such a stud with the ladies. More of a ladyboy than ladiesman. Groupies probably slept with him to get to Tommy.

Don't really like Motley Crue anyway they were more concerned with their image than their music. Looking cool on stage is fine as long as your super talented. I guess its not that their not talented I just can't stand the lyrics to most of their songs

I'll shut up now :)

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Motley Crue singer Vince Neil says he has "never really had a voice" in all the tales of his three decade career fronting the hard rock band.

But his attempts to finally set the record straight in an autobiography chronicling years of sex, drugs, plastic surgery and numerous arrests, have already landed him back in trouble.

Neil, 49, lashes out at bandmates and attempts to settle old scores with rock rivals in "Tattoos and Tequila", to be published on Thursday.

He has also set off a new feud with music manager and "America's Got Talent" and "X Factor" judge Sharon Osbourne, the wife of former Black Sabbath singer Ozzy Osbourne.

"It really sickens me today to watch everybody fawning all over Sharon Osbourne," Neil writes in the book, recalling a 1984 tour when Motley Crue opened for Ozzy and Sharon was running an especially tight ship.

"This is the most evil, shittiest woman I've ever met," he added.

Osbourne shot back with some choice words of her own.

"He (Neil) has murdered somebody in a car," Sharon Osbourne told the New York Post last week. "He crippled two other people and he is still driving drunk. And that is why I used to keep my husband away from him."

Hanoi Rocks member Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley was killed in Neil's car when Neil was driving drunk in 1984, for which he served a jail term.

Neil was arrested again in June in Las Vegas on suspicion of drunk driving, a week after he released a solo album, also called "Tattoos and Tequila" -- a set of classic rock covers.

HARSH WORDS FOR BANDMATES

Neil told Reuters he doesn't like talking about himself. But he wanted to give his side of the storied history of the band, which has sold about 25 million albums in the United States alone.

Motley Crue released a best-selling band biography called "The Dirt" in 2001.

"There's been so much written about Motley Crue. I've never really had a voice", Neil said of his autobiography.

"This was my experience with Sharon 25 years ago. She was not very kind to Motley Crue," he added in an interview.

Osbourne is not the only target.

Neil, who split from Motley Crue in 1992 and rejoined in 1997, keeps some of his harshest words for his bandmates, whom he has compared to siblings with whom he feuds.

He faulted bassist Nikki Sixx, drummer Tommy Lee and guitarist Mick Mars for not supporting him following the 1984 car accident, and disputed their account of the events that led to his 1992 departure.

The book also seeks to settle scores with old foes such as Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose. Neil reiterates a challenge to Rose to a boxing match that he issued in 1989 after an infamous backstage brawl at the MTV Video Music Awards.

On the sleeve of his book, Neil wrote, "Old rock stars fall hard." But Neil said the hard living has been worth it -- with the exception of the shame he feels about Dingley's death

"I don't have any regrets. Anything that I've done wrong, I've learned from," Neil said.

Neil will spend the fall on tour in support of his solo album and the book. He said Motley Crue plans to start rehearsals early in 2011 for its Crue Fest 3 festival but has no immediate plans for a follow-up to its 2008 hit album "Saints of Los Angeles."

Article: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100920/ten-uk-vinceneil-3334b85.html

More information on the specific passage when the book is published :)

I think Sharon's a cunt, but Neil is an absolute tool. Oh, you learned from your mistakes Vince? That's why you were busted AGAIN for drunk driving recently.

This guy signed a 100 million, 3-album, 3 tour deal with Live Nation. Given there's four of them, his cut is 25 million. He could afford a driver, if he really wanted to get loaded.

And apparently he's ready for celebrity boxing. Maybe he should try celebrity rehab first.

Notice how the GN'R guys tend to drink a ton but DON'T drive around hammered after it?

Edited by kyrie

Wow, that's big news!!

:rofl-lol:

You're right, I've wasted a space for the hundreds of threads about all the exciting new developments for NuGnR-ohnowait.

:rolleyes:

Dude, don't get your panties in a knot.

I wasn't getting at you, just the depressing state of this band that results in me posting minor articles like this :D

Wow, that's big news!!

:rofl-lol:

You're right, I've wasted a space for the hundreds of threads about all the exciting new developments for NuGnR-ohnowait.

:rolleyes:

Dude, don't get your panties in a knot.

I wasn't getting at you, just the depressing state of this band that results in me posting minor articles like this :D

Alright then, no harm done!

But do you really think the state of this band is depressing? I mean, come on, they're alive and kickin'! Touring, having a blast, all that's missing is a new album in sight. Apart from that, they're pretty awesome if you ask me!

I don't get why someone who was loaded and killed his friend would want to even think of having a winery. And putting "tequila" in the title isn't going to help you in court. Hagar just sells the stuff while he's on tour.

Sharon's the type to deliver low blows. But her father (knowingly)and Ozzy (unknowingly) did try to kill her.

Crue's always been a fun show when they're in town.

I'm kinda surprised neither Nikki or Tommy has spoken out since he said some pretty nasty stuff about them, but maybe they are keeping quiet for the sake of the band or simply because they don't give a shit what Vince thinks of them. It's no secret that Vince and Tommy hasn't got along for many years, just read Tommy's book TommyLand and in Nikki's Heroin Diaries Nikki finds it hilarious when Vince cuts his hand open on a mustard jar. Mick is actually the only one who hasn't really said shit about anyone.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

dude paid his debt.

Not really... after the Dingley crash he was more or less sentenced to tour with the band.

I do have a certain amount of sympathy for him though. Sounded like he went through hell with the death of his daughter and that. Not sure why he's releasing this book though... can't see it being that much different from The Dirt. :shrugs:

Motley Crue is Nikki's band, but he's done the replacement thing and has his side projects, but the formula between Tommy, Vince, Nikki and Mick works and is what they make the most money off of. As far as Tommy and Vince not getting along - they just need to get along for a couple of hours and in rehearsals - they don't even have to see each other in the studio. They know each other, they know what gets on each other's nerves, they've known each other close to 30 years. Sometimes brothers can talk over the phone once a year and be fine with that. They don't have to be buddies off stage. But attack their band and they will gang up and have each other's backs.

It's funny to see pics of Mick in his pre-Crue days, he looks like he could've been in the Eagles when he played the beach bar circuit.

I'm kinda surprised neither Nikki or Tommy has spoken out since he said some pretty nasty stuff about them, but maybe they are keeping quiet for the sake of the band or simply because they don't give a shit what Vince thinks of them. It's no secret that Vince and Tommy hasn't got along for many years, just read Tommy's book TommyLand and in Nikki's Heroin Diaries Nikki finds it hilarious when Vince cuts his hand open on a mustard jar. Mick is actually the only one who hasn't really said shit about anyone.

Motley Crue is Nikki's band, but he's done the replacement thing and has his side projects, but the formula between Tommy, Vince, Nikki and Mick works and is what they make the most money off of. As far as Tommy and Vince not getting along - they just need to get along for a couple of hours and in rehearsals - they don't even have to see each other in the studio. They know each other, they know what gets on each other's nerves, they've known each other close to 30 years. Sometimes brothers can talk over the phone once a year and be fine with that. They don't have to be buddies off stage. But attack their band and they will gang up and have each other's backs.

It's funny to see pics of Mick in his pre-Crue days, he looks like he could've been in the Eagles when he played the beach bar circuit.

I know they tried another lead singer and I don't want another lead singer, Vince is the right one for Mötley, I'm just saying he's pretty much an ass with the way he behaves etc.

It would just be cool if they were still close like they used to be, like when the band was their passion and not just a paycheck.

I know they tried another lead singer and I don't want another lead singer, Vince is the right one for Mötley, I'm just saying he's pretty much an ass with the way he behaves etc.

They're all asses; but yeah I agree with you about not wanting another singer for the Crue.

They're all asses; but yeah I agree with you about not wanting another singer for the Crue.

Why are they all asses?