'Got myself a brand new Oakland scarf right here...'

Guest Edward Rose

I LOVE this song/video. I love the stage setup with tons of amps as the backdrop. Eddie kicking ass as usual, along with Alex and Mike keeping the beat. And of course Dave being Dave. All diehard fans of classic Van Halen want that show to be released on a DVD. It was filmed in Oakland, 3 sold out nights in 1981. Unfortunately its in a vault somewhere. All we have are the 3 filmed videos of "Hear about it later, So this is love, and Unchained".

Someday, hopefully it will be released.

Guest Edward Rose

I LOVE this song/video. I love the stage setup with tons of amps as the backdrop. Eddie kicking ass as usual, along with Alex and Mike keeping the beat. And of course Dave being Dave. All diehard fans of classic Van Halen want that show to be released on a DVD. It was filmed in Oakland, 3 sold out nights in 1981. Unfortunately its in a vault somewhere. All we have are the 3 filmed videos of "Hear about it later, So this is love, and Unchained".

Well they're being resurrected. Maybe now would be a good time to release the DVD.

I'm always amazed at the fact that only 3 guys/instruments are making the music we hear in that song. With Michael playing "Lead Bass" the whole way through the song, I guess it sort of fills things in. rock3

Edward Rose

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Edward Rose

Well they're being resurrected. Maybe now would be a good time to release the DVD.

I'm always amazed at the fact that only 3 guys/instruments are making the music we hear in that song. With Michael playing "Lead Bass" the whole way through the song, I guess it sort of fills things in. rock3

Edward Rose

-------------------------------------------

Oct. 18 2010

On second thought, there's probably some f*ckhead who owns the Rights to that video footage and is holding it up for a ridiculous amount of money.

Edward Rose