Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier World Tour 2011

Powerage5

Entire first leg for 2011 announced today. Some gigs in new places for the band, notably Singapore and Korea. Check the first post for the full list of dates thus far.

As for me? Make that 2 Florida shows!!! Bring my total travel for The Final Frontier Tour to about 22,000 miles! :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in saying that Iron Maiden have never been to Northern Ireland? I know they've been to the Republic a bunch of times, but it makes me so sad they haven't been to NI in my time :(

Metallica came here recently for the first time in 20 years, GNR and Deep Purple for the first time ever...hoping Maiden are next!

Am I right in saying that Iron Maiden have never been to Northern Ireland? I know they've been to the Republic a bunch of times, but it makes me so sad they haven't been to NI in my time :(

Pretty sure they've done Belfast sometime...

Yep 1990, Kings Hall.

Edited by moreblack

Metallica came here recently for the first time in 20 years, GNR and Deep Purple for the first time ever...hoping Maiden are next!

It's a possibility, you know they have a knack for going new places!

St. Petersburg added to the European leg. First post updated.

Wouldn't be surprised if they headlined Download again this year.

Considering it's in the middle of when the US tour would supposedly be, I don't see it as a likely option. Also, the word on the fan club is there's a full UK arena tour lined up, so people would prefer to see those gigs to a festival.

Considering it's in the middle of when the US tour would supposedly be, I don't see it as a likely option. Also, the word on the fan club is there's a full UK arena tour lined up, so people would prefer to see those gigs to a festival.

But Download is usually in June and the US dates so far are for the end of April? :shrugs:

Maybe Reading and Leeds then but I agree a full Arena tour would be preferable.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

But Download is usually in June and the US dates so far are for the end of April? :shrugs:

Maybe Reading and Leeds then but I agree a full Arena tour would be preferable.

Florida aren't part of the US leg, they're the "fuel stop" gigs on the way back to the UK (As New Jersey and Toronto were in '08). This tour is shaping up to look like the SBIT tour scheduling-wise. The US dates will likely be mid-May through mid-June, before kicking off the European tour at Roskilde on June 29th.

I could definitely see Reading and Leeds happening though, as a good lead-in to the UK arena dates.

BIG UPDATE! Full UK arena tour as the finale to The Final Frontier World Tour. It looks like I'll be coming over for the final show in London! B)

Updated dates posted in the first post.

EDIT: It's also been confirmed by the Fan Club that there will be no more North American shows in 2011, other than the Florida shows in April.

Edited by Powerage5

boo. definitely regretting not putting more effort into nyc last summer.

You missed a hell of a show. MSG was in my top 3 concerts of all time, and the best Maiden gig I've seen.

In a strange sort of way, I'm okay with not getting any more North American shows, it'll force me to travel for the band, which is always a blast.

Decided to do Belfast too, no point in going to the UK for ONLY one show. That and London will conclude my shows on The Final Frontier Tour. Not adding any more, because I can't afford more air travel, so I'll end up with a total of 14 shows on this amazing tour:

7/3/10 - Toronto

7/6/10 - Ottawa

7/11/10 - Holmdel

7/12/10 - New York City

7/14/10 - Pittsburgh

7/15/10 - Cleveland

7/17/10 - Detroit

8/7/10 - Stockholm

8/8/10 - Pori

8/11/10 - Bergen

4/16/11 - Ft. Lauderdale

4/17/11 - Tampa

8/3/11 - Belfast

8/5/11 - London

Decided to do Belfast too, no point in going to the UK for ONLY one show. That and London will conclude my shows on The Final Frontier Tour. Not adding any more, because I can't afford more air travel, so I'll end up with a total of 14 shows on this amazing tour:

7/3/10 - Toronto

7/6/10 - Ottawa

7/11/10 - Holmdel

7/12/10 - New York City

7/14/10 - Pittsburgh

7/15/10 - Cleveland

7/17/10 - Detroit

8/7/10 - Stockholm

8/8/10 - Pori

8/11/10 - Bergen

4/16/11 - Ft. Lauderdale

4/17/11 - Tampa

8/3/11 - Belfast

8/5/11 - London

Wow, how do you afford all that?!

7/3/10 - Toronto

7/6/10 - Ottawa

7/11/10 - Holmdel

7/12/10 - New York City

7/14/10 - Pittsburgh

7/15/10 - Cleveland

7/17/10 - Detroit

8/7/10 - Stockholm

8/8/10 - Pori

8/11/10 - Bergen

4/16/11 - Ft. Lauderdale

4/17/11 - Tampa

8/3/11 - Belfast

8/5/11 - London

Wow, how do you afford all that?!

Work hard, travel as cheap as possible. Started saving for Europe this year last November, and pretty much all of my money made since then has gone to Maiden shows for '10 and '11. For the US shows this year, I was able to stay with friends in each city except Detroit, which helped a lot. For the Florida shows, I'm doing the Fan Club trip, which covers all accommodations, tickets, etc. for the weekend all for $650. In the UK I'll be splitting hotel costs with 2 of my friends from Italy, so that will cut the cost down quite a bit.

It's hell trying to plan all this, but with patience, you can find ways to travel relatively cheap. The trans-Atlantic flights are the only real killers price wise. Round trip to Stockholm this year was about $1,250, and the best I've found so far for London is $1,040.

7/3/10 - Toronto

7/6/10 - Ottawa

7/11/10 - Holmdel

7/12/10 - New York City

7/14/10 - Pittsburgh

7/15/10 - Cleveland

7/17/10 - Detroit

8/7/10 - Stockholm

8/8/10 - Pori

8/11/10 - Bergen

4/16/11 - Ft. Lauderdale

4/17/11 - Tampa

8/3/11 - Belfast

8/5/11 - London

fuckin awesome!! :shades:

I'll be at Cardiff with the gf! Her ticket is her xmas pressent.

Nice! Took my now-girlfriend (Though we weren't dating yet at the time) to MSG in July. We were staying with her for a few days for Holmdel and MSG, and one of our friends bummed out at the last second on MSG. Not a rock person at all, but she surprisingly loved the show.

I'll be at Cardiff with the gf! Her ticket is her xmas pressent.

Nice! Took my now-girlfriend (Though we weren't dating yet at the time) to MSG in July. We were staying with her for a few days for Holmdel and MSG, and one of our friends bummed out at the last second on MSG. Not a rock person at all, but she surprisingly loved the show.

I went with mine to Vancouver this summer and she got me a shirt, loved the show as well...