Food

kevin

Let's all share great recipes and pictures of delicious food. I'm really loving caprese salad right now. You need fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, tomatoes, and some olive oil. Slice up the cheese and tomatoes, and stack the cheese on top of the tomatoe slices. Put a basil leaf on each stack. Sprinkle olive oil over all of it. OM NOM NOM NOM

Caprese+Salad+1+500.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all share great recipes and pictures of delicious food. I'm really loving caprese salad right now. You need fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, tomatoes, and some olive oil. Slice up the cheese and tomatoes, and stack the cheese on top of the tomatoe slices. Put a basil leaf on each stack. Sprinkle olive oil over all of it. OM NOM NOM NOM

Caprese+Salad+1+500.jpg

We eat that quite a lot in my family. A good tomato salad is the BEST :)

Edited by Gods Favourite

om nom nom, just after dinner. made cheesy stuffed peppers with salad. pure foodgasm.

finely diced onions and mushrooms in a pan with olive oil and garlic. add some couscous (now i cheated and used the one out of marks and spencers with roasted vegetables and lemon dressing lol) and then added some cheddar (i had no mozzarella) and cream cheese, then grilled them and added cheese on top to melt. had with a mixed leaf salad. NOM! fit to burst lol.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Just go to Ikea and order kottbullar_mellan_130x1.jpg

I love it, sweadish meatballs :wub:

The best thing about it is the sauce, that is just fantastic.

Yeah. It's really good food when you take in mind that it's done in the same way as the school food, in a "school kitchens". The food in the schools isn't near as good.

i love cooking. i wish i could do it more...but i have a few to post up. italian anyone? :shades:

yummy.......we just made buffalo/bison lasagna when we had company over...it was fantastic. made the noodles by hand, went to the buffalo farm and got the meat, made fresh tomato sauce (here's the secret sauce ingredient....fennel seeds....awesome!).

naturally we then had to make fresh to go with it since everything else was fresh.

but, true to lasagna's form.........it was even better the next day.

i love cooking. i wish i could do it more...but i have a few to post up. italian anyone? :shades:

Italian is the best food in the world. :wub:

Not going to lie, given that my entire family is Italian, my Italian cooking is pretty damn awesome.

I make a pretty amazing tomato based sauce from scratch.

I'm gonna make pasta for dinner tonight, how should I make the sauce!?

Also do you guys think pesto on top of caprese salad would be alright?

Italian is the best food in the world. :wub:

Not going to lie, given that my entire family is Italian, my Italian cooking is pretty damn awesome.

I make a pretty amazing tomato based sauce from scratch.

I'm gonna make pasta for dinner tonight, how should I make the sauce!?

Also do you guys think pesto on top of caprese salad would be alright?

To the pesto question - absolutely.

For my pasta sauce, you take a couple of onions, dice them super finely, get a pot put them in along with a lot of extra virgin olive oil (good quality if possible). Simmer the onions for a while and chop up some garlic. Don't add the garlic until the onions are a little brown or you burn the garlic. Add some fresh basil and a couple of cans of peeled tomatoes, I usually add some more olive oil at this point. Bit of salt, half a spoon of sugar, some fresh (or dried) chilli and then let the thing simmer for as long as you can. Add some spices and meats if you like, but what I've put there is the basis for a really simple, super tasty sauce that beats the shit out of anything from a jar.

If you're cooking pasta, add some salt to the water before you throw the pasta in. Gives it a little more flavour.

Don't be shy with the olive oil either - it's what makes your pasta extra tasty.