Food

kevin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, over the past few months all our unpackaged/processed foods - if any - have come from a local farm (which is rare in the city, to say the least) and i can't say enough the difference that makes. even my skin looks better. really unexpected. and the food is so good! i don't even mind spending a little more money to support the locals and know what i'm eating is actual food.

Edited by LaBellaVita

i love cooking. i wish i could do it more...but i have a few to post up. italian anyone? :shades:

Italian is the best food in the world. :wub:

Not going to lie, given that my entire family is Italian, my Italian cooking is pretty damn awesome.

I make a pretty amazing tomato based sauce from scratch.

I'm gonna make pasta for dinner tonight, how should I make the sauce!?

Also do you guys think pesto on top of caprese salad would be alright?

To the pesto question - absolutely.

For my pasta sauce, you take a couple of onions, dice them super finely, get a pot put them in along with a lot of extra virgin olive oil (good quality if possible). Simmer the onions for a while and chop up some garlic. Don't add the garlic until the onions are a little brown or you burn the garlic. Add some fresh basil and a couple of cans of peeled tomatoes, I usually add some more olive oil at this point. Bit of salt, half a spoon of sugar, some fresh (or dried) chilli and then let the thing simmer for as long as you can. Add some spices and meats if you like, but what I've put there is the basis for a really simple, super tasty sauce that beats the shit out of anything from a jar.

If you're cooking pasta, add some salt to the water before you throw the pasta in. Gives it a little more flavour.

Don't be shy with the olive oil either - it's what makes your pasta extra tasty.

i want to try this, but i need exact amounts.

Let's all share great recipes and pictures of delicious food. I'm really loving caprese salad right now. You need fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, tomatoes, and some olive oil. Slice up the cheese and tomatoes, and stack the cheese on top of the tomatoe slices. Put a basil leaf on each stack. Sprinkle olive oil over all of it. OM NOM NOM NOM

Caprese+Salad+1+500.jpg

DSC_0019_thumb.jpg

Instead of making the usual Caprese salad by layering fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil together, I decided to try something different. I scooped out the tomato guts, sautéed them with garlic, olive oil and basil. I then removed the guts from the heat and added breadcrumbs (to soak up the excess liquid) and shredded mozzarella cheese. And then I stuffed the guts back into the tomatoes, topped with more breadcrumbs and cheese, and baked them for between 20-25 minutes. They make a great side dish, or even a main dish since they are filling enough to stand on their own.

I’m going to be very lax on the amount of ingredients. I used enough breadcrumbs to soak up the excess tomato juice, so use the correct proportions to balance it for yourself.

Caprese Stuffed Tomatoes

Ingredients:

7 medium tomatoes

2 cloves of garlic, minced

olive oil

10 basil leaves, chopped

mozzarella cheese, shredded

breadcrumbs

salt

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2) Scoop out tomato guts and reserve for filling. Sauté guts in pan with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic and pinch of salt on medium high heat for a few minutes. Take off heat, add enough breadcrumbs to soak up excess tomato juices. Combine with a handful of cheese.

3) Stuff the guts back into the tomatoes, sprinkle with more breadcrumbs and cheese. Drizzle with olive oil. Place tomatoes on baking sheet (with lip), and bake in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes until bubbling. Serve.

DSC_0024_thumb.jpg

Go to this website and look for more food pr0n

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Thai food is probably my favourite of the foreign stuff. I have a favourite which I don't remember what it's called right now, but it got chicken fillet, cashew nuts, garlic and many other awesome ingredients.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

Let's all share great recipes and pictures of delicious food. I'm really loving caprese salad right now. You need fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, tomatoes, and some olive oil. Slice up the cheese and tomatoes, and stack the cheese on top of the tomatoe slices. Put a basil leaf on each stack. Sprinkle olive oil over all of it. OM NOM NOM NOM

Caprese+Salad+1+500.jpg

DSC_0019_thumb.jpg

Instead of making the usual Caprese salad by layering fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil together, I decided to try something different. I scooped out the tomato guts, sautéed them with garlic, olive oil and basil. I then removed the guts from the heat and added breadcrumbs (to soak up the excess liquid) and shredded mozzarella cheese. And then I stuffed the guts back into the tomatoes, topped with more breadcrumbs and cheese, and baked them for between 20-25 minutes. They make a great side dish, or even a main dish since they are filling enough to stand on their own.

I’m going to be very lax on the amount of ingredients. I used enough breadcrumbs to soak up the excess tomato juice, so use the correct proportions to balance it for yourself.

Caprese Stuffed Tomatoes

Ingredients:

7 medium tomatoes

2 cloves of garlic, minced

olive oil

10 basil leaves, chopped

mozzarella cheese, shredded

breadcrumbs

salt

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2) Scoop out tomato guts and reserve for filling. Sauté guts in pan with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic and pinch of salt on medium high heat for a few minutes. Take off heat, add enough breadcrumbs to soak up excess tomato juices. Combine with a handful of cheese.

3) Stuff the guts back into the tomatoes, sprinkle with more breadcrumbs and cheese. Drizzle with olive oil. Place tomatoes on baking sheet (with lip), and bake in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes until bubbling. Serve.

DSC_0024_thumb.jpg

Go to this website and look for more food pr0n

There's so many great things you can do with tomatoes. Bruschetta is one of the best!

bruschetta.jpg

* 6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs)

* 2 cloves garlic, minced

* 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

* 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

* 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped.

* Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

* 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread

* 1/4 cup olive oil

Caprese+Salad+1+500.jpg

That looks really pretty but it's just Cheese and Tomato with a leaf on top really. Needs some proper food on there too.

It's a salad, it goes with the "proper food" next to it ;) Or you could eat it as a starter. We usually have it as a salad to a steak with some grilled potatoes or something.

Like this, just with the caprese salad instead of the whole tomatoes and the grilled cheese :)

dscn0523.jpg

Edited by Gods Favourite

This thread has given me a real hunger for Steak Pie for some reason... steak-pie.JPG

It's a salad, it goes with the "proper food" next to it ;) Or you could eat it as a starter. We usually have it as a salad to a steak with some grilled potatoes or something.

Like this, just with the caprese salad instead of the whole tomatoes and the grilled cheese :)

dscn0523.jpg

Now that's the kinda shit i'm talking about! I'm not big on salads period to be fair much to the detriment of my waistline in the past.

....and for the perfect drunken takeaway treat, the Teesside Chicken Parmo.

parmo.jpg

and a lovely deep fried Pizza.

245768407_46ffe06851.jpg

That is just beyond disgusting.

This thread has given me a real hunger for Steak Pie for some reason... steak-pie.JPG

dscn0523.jpg

Now that's the kinda shit i'm talking about! I'm not big on salads period to be fair much to the detriment of my waistline in the past.

....and for the perfect drunken takeaway treat, the Teesside Chicken Parmo.

parmo.jpg

and a lovely deep fried Pizza.

245768407_46ffe06851.jpg

That is just beyond disgusting.

Glad I'm not the only one.

All the deepfried stuff is abdsolutely disgusting. And Im sorry, steak pie also looks nasty.

I like to make pasta zith smoked salmon. Put some olive oil in a pan and bake some onions. when they are ´golden´, add some garlic. and after that add the smoked salmon, cut into little pieces. bake them a bit, but not too long, becaude they drie out easily. Now add some lemon juice and finnish of with cream. let the whole thing stir a bit, and add basilic. Meanzhile cook pasta. When you drained the water out of the pasta, put it back on the fire and mix it in the pot with the smoked salon and it s sauce.

Done.