Food

kevin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like this topic. Id rather not see any deepfried mars here anymore though.

Good recipe in wintertimes from the Belgian cuisine. is ´Gentse Stoverij´.

ingredients:

_500g of beef (carbonade type of beef)

_2 onions

_2 cloves of garlic

_a lot of thyme (dried)

_2 apples

_slices of dark, brown bread

_good mustard

_salt

_pepper

_2 laurel leaves

_a good dark (Belgian if possible) beer

_butter

_a deep pan

_a pot

1) You cut up the onions, the garlic and the apple in small pieces

2) Cut up the beef if it hasnt been done yet and spice it with the pepper

3) put some butter in both the pan and the pot

4) in the pot you start stoving the onions until they are golden, when they are about halfway, you can also add the apple and in the end the garlic as well

at the same time, in the pan, you start to bake the pieces of beef until they are brown (dont put the fire to high or they will be to tough), also add the salt

5) when the meat has been baked enough, pour the beer over it and let it stew a while

6) after the stewing, pour your entire pan in the pot, where your onion-apple-garlic mix is also done stewing

7) add the thyme, a lot of it and the 2 laurel leaves, stir it a bit

8) smear the mustard on the slice of bread and put the slice of bread mustard-side-up on top of the mixture in the pot

9) close the pot and let it stew on a low fire for 2h

Done!

This is traditionally eaten with good handmade fries. Not the Mcdonalds or frozen crap, cut and fry them (two times!) yourself. Also, a homemade mayonnaise to accompany the fries.

Trust me, you guys will love this.

• 1 month later...
Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I made this a few days ago. My looked tastier than the one on the picture though.

Falukorv+i+ugn.jpg

It's called "Falukorv i ugn".

I'm not sure if it looks horrible or delicious. I'm gonna go with delicious for now but I can't see what it is yet. What's in it?

Bella, this thread is no good without pictures. Sort it out girl! :tongue2:

It's this really big sausage called falukorv which are very popular in Sweden. You slice it almost to the bottom, but so not all down, so that it's still one piece. You put cheese, tomato and mustard and some spices on it. Yummy with some mashed potatoes!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I made this a few days ago. My looked tastier than the one on the picture though.

Falukorv+i+ugn.jpg

It's called "Falukorv i ugn".

I'm not sure if it looks horrible or delicious. I'm gonna go with delicious for now but I can't see what it is yet. What's in it?

Bella, this thread is no good without pictures. Sort it out girl! :tongue2:

It's this really big sausage called falukorv which are very popular in Sweden. You slice it almost to the bottom, but so not all down, so that it's still one piece. You put cheese, tomato and mustard and some spices on it. Yummy with some mashed potatoes!

That sounds awesome! Is there a recipe anywhere online? I quite fancy trying it out.

Here's something similar. Only ones I found in English. I personally use sliced tomatoes instead of crushed tomatoes or ketchup. I use onion as well, I just forgot about it. I think you can buy "falukorv" at IKEA, although I'm not sure, If you can't find it there, I doubt you can buy it anywhere in UK.

http://www.scandinaviafood.com/ugns-falukorv-recipe.php

http://www.freestylecookery.com/2008/09/recipe-ovenbaked-falukorv-with-creamy.html

Guest Len B'stard

Everyone that aren't retarded can follow a recipe. ;)

I don't doubt that dear boy i just question whether any heterosexual male can be bothered :lol: Tell ya what, i'll be the retard who can form proper sentences and you can have the kitchen, deal? :) Shit, we should get married! I'm just kidding, actually i think its quite an admirable skill :)

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Everyone that aren't retarded can follow a recipe. ;)

I don't doubt that dear boy i just question whether any heterosexual male can be bothered :lol: Tell ya what, i'll be the retard who can form proper sentences and you can have the kitchen, deal? :) Shit, we should get married! I'm just kidding, actually i think its quite an admirable skill :)

Fuck, I was about to say yes.

Of course it's admirable to know how to cook. Almost all knowledge is admirable in my opinion.

i love cooking. i wish i could do it more...but i have a few to post up. italian anyone? :shades:

Italian is the best food in the world. :wub:

Not going to lie, given that my entire family is Italian, my Italian cooking is pretty damn awesome.

I make a pretty amazing tomato based sauce from scratch.

I'm gonna make pasta for dinner tonight, how should I make the sauce!?

Also do you guys think pesto on top of caprese salad would be alright?

To the pesto question - absolutely.

For my pasta sauce, you take a couple of onions, dice them super finely, get a pot put them in along with a lot of extra virgin olive oil (good quality if possible). Simmer the onions for a while and chop up some garlic. Don't add the garlic until the onions are a little brown or you burn the garlic. Add some fresh basil and a couple of cans of peeled tomatoes, I usually add some more olive oil at this point. Bit of salt, half a spoon of sugar, some fresh (or dried) chilli and then let the thing simmer for as long as you can. Add some spices and meats if you like, but what I've put there is the basis for a really simple, super tasty sauce that beats the shit out of anything from a jar.

If you're cooking pasta, add some salt to the water before you throw the pasta in. Gives it a little more flavour.

Don't be shy with the olive oil either - it's what makes your pasta extra tasty.

That sounds awesome. We've been adding Fennel seed to our sauce lately. doesn't really seem like it would fit, but it is "that secret ingredient that you can't really place or pinpoint what it is".

Makin' me hungry!

I always thought that Panko breadcrumbs were just fancy overpriced bread crumbs.

Could never figure out why anyone would actually BUY breadcrumbs.....UNTIL I did get some panko!

Light and Crispy!

They were fantastic for this recipe:

http://bitchinlifestyle.tv/Bitchin-Kitchen/Recipes/Sides/Nonna-s-Potato-Croquettes.html

but definitely use PANKO!

• 2 months later...