How reliable is Video Static?

ManetsBR

I don't remember seeing it here... But it's old, it's there since December 8, 2009.

SHOT: Guns N' Roses - Rage, director

Dale "Rage" Resteghini directed a music video with Guns N' Roses for Chinese Democracy track "Better," plus additional video content for the band's upcoming world tour...

* artist: Guns N' Roses

* song: "Better"

* label: Geffen/Interscope

* director(s): Dale "Rage" Resteghini

* production co: Raging Nation Films

* rep: Yell Productions

http://www.videostatic.com/vs/2009/12/shot-guns-n-roses-rage-director.html

:tongue2:

Edited by ManetsBR

I think it's reliable. However, this was posted last December.

Dale went with GN'R on tour in Canada, and filmed during the shows (he was supposed to be the director of the GN'R documentary/concert movie). Richard said they parted ways when they came to South America, so I guess it didn't work out.

Actually, doing a quick search I found this article from Aug 23:

http://www.kikaxemusic.com/news/hard-rock-and-metal/item/1612-video-director-dale-rage-resteghini-gears-up-for-sevendust-hatebreed-feature-film-work

Here's the first paragraph:

World renowned music video director DALE RAGE RESTEGHINI who has worked with everyone from P DIDDY to MUDVAYNE is on the fast track for his major Hollywood feature film and who recently spent 6 weeks in South America with AXL ROSE and GUNS & ROSES shooting footage for a highly anticipated Documentary will be shooting upcoming videos for Rock heavyweights SEVENDUST, CHILDREN OF BODOM, HATEBREED and others.

Edited by spirit83

http://www.kikaxemusic.com/news/hard-rock-and-metal/item/1612-video-director-dale-rage-resteghini-gears-up-for-sevendust-hatebreed-feature-film-work

World renowned music video director DALE RAGE RESTEGHINI who has worked with everyone from P DIDDY to MUDVAYNE is on the fast track for his major Hollywood feature film and who recently spent 6 weeks in South America with AXL ROSE and GUNS & ROSES shooting footage for a highly anticipated Documentary will be shooting upcoming videos for Rock heavyweights SEVENDUST, CHILDREN OF BODOM, HATEBREED and others.

For as popular as guns is they release less shit than any band in the world. Can you imagine a "making of Chinese Democracy" documentary. Would be epic. Dude could get his story out and people would go see it. Easy promotion.

For as popular as guns is they release less shit than any band in the world. Can you imagine a "making of Chinese Democracy" documentary. Would be epic. Dude could get his story out and people would go see it. Easy promotion.

It is interesting that someone as prolific as Axl Rose supposedly is, very little of it ever sees the light of day. Here's a band that released 5 albums over seven years (87-93), supposedly wrote 70+ songs between '97 and 2004 and for the most part, is considered extremely unproductive by fans and the public alike. I find it fascinating that so much time, money and energy is spent on documenting every single show from 2000 onwards and yet so little is ever seen by the public (other than the rarely release promotional clip).

Then again, if GNR were releasing material all the time perhaps we wouldn't be as drawn to them. Who knows...

Cheers,

Andrew

Ha ha, true! Even for a single, some promo shit, anything, you gotta wait for a couple of years...

Ha ha, true! Even for a single, some promo shit, anything, you gotta wait for a couple of years...

I sent Dale a PM via facebook about 2 months ago asking how the GnR shot was going but never got a reply. Fortus did say it didn't work out but i wouldn't believe everything he says as he could be just keeping it under wraps. Who knows really though, maybe Dale was responsible for that little tour promo we got with the proshot live footage and Better playing in the background?

It is interesting that someone as prolific as Axl Rose supposedly is, very little of it ever sees the light of day. Here's a band that released 5 albums over seven years (87-93), supposedly wrote 70+ songs between '97 and 2004 and for the most part, is considered extremely unproductive by fans and the public alike. I find it fascinating that so much time, money and energy is spent on documenting every single show from 2000 onwards and yet so little is ever seen by the public (other than the rarely release promotional clip).

Then again, if GNR were releasing material all the time perhaps we wouldn't be as drawn to them. Who knows...

Cheers,

Andrew

I guess its better than saturating the market but I just hear all this stuff about remixes and unreleased music and videos and as a fan I get really selfish to consume the art that I love the most. Oh well. Hopefully he'll release a bunch of shit over the next couple of years. You really never know with Uncle Axl, but if I die before hearing Atlas Shrugged and Oklahoma I'm gonna be pissed. :tongue2: