Matt or Steven?

Vincent Vega

If GN'R ever did reunite, who would you prefer on drums?

Personally, Matt any day for me. The Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Matt/Dizzy lineup is my favorite and if there was a reunion I'd want it to be that one.

Edited by MetalForever

In a perfect world, they'd both be there, but the world isn't perfect.

The best option is Matt, since he can play all of the songs, but from what I know Axl really does not like Matt.

Honestly, if an Axl/Izzy/Slash/Duff reunion happened, I wouldn't care if Joe Perry's grandma was playing drums.

I always thought they would have both. Steven would do Appetite songs and maybe have both guys do Civil War (Steve did stay in the UYI2 recording), then start the Illusion stuff with Matt. Maybe they could resurrect the older version of Don't Cry with Steve and do the Alt. Lyrics with Matt as well...

Bacardi... didn't Axl and Matt take a limo ride, and kiss and make up a few years ago?

The best option is Matt, since he can play all of the songs, but from what I know Axl really does not like Matt.

Honestly, if an Axl/Izzy/Slash/Duff reunion happened, I wouldn't care if Joe Perry's grandma was playing drums.

shes next in line if Frank doesn't work out

By the way I vote Steven

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

son of a bitch....i'm always out of the loop. I had NO idea that she knew how to play.

:rofl-lol:

• 2 weeks later...

If a reunion would take place without Steven Adler, I would have serious concerns for his health and well-being. Being snubbed from something like that would kill him.

To be fair, a reunion would have to take place with Steven. Or, at worst, Steven play half a show doing "Appetite" songs and Matt concluding the concerts doing Illusions songs.

Both drummers played equal part in recording those classic albums.

• 1 month later...

If a reunion would take place without Steven Adler, I would have serious concerns for his health and well-being. Being snubbed from something like that would kill him.

To be fair, a reunion would have to take place with Steven. Or, at worst, Steven play half a show doing "Appetite" songs and Matt concluding the concerts doing Illusions songs.

Both drummers played equal part in recording those classic albums.

yes I think you make a good point and if steven is upto it and able to pull off all the tracks then for sure let the man get back in the seat and back to fullfilling his dreams.

but otherwise I was a fan of matt in the video'd tokyo shows from back in 92.

and I have to say if steven can pull the appetite songs off there shouldnt be any reason he couldnt learn the others that would be in the set.

Steven! I like him the second best in original GN'R, Slash comes the first!

Gotta be steve in my book.

GnR for me is the AFD line up.

Also when you consider that Axl refered to Matt as the emplyee he hardly seems to consider him a full member.

Plus Izzy's comment about the band not being the same after Steve left suggests he would also agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Steven of course! One of the greats ever. I've been watching the old Ritz concerts and his drumming just blows me away! What charisma and energy he had. It's a bloody tragedy that he cudn't get it together and stay with the band. He hasn't worked properly in the music biz til recently. When I see him now it amazes me that he still has it. He hasn't lost that enthuasism and feel. His talent is too big and is wasted just doin small club gigs etc..with Adler's appetite. He shud be playing huge arenas and making records with Axl's NuGNR. Out of all the old members if I had to choose one then Steven is the only one I'd like to see play with Axl again.

Edited by Janis