one in a million

conehead88

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we cant say what we want to say because it may offend someone somewhere, then how free are we then?

Has anyone said Axl shouldn't have been allowed to spread racial hate, homophobic slurs and such? No, I don't think anyone has, so don't play the "Freedom card". But by doing so Axl makes it hard for some fans to enjoy that song to its fullest, and that's sad cause everything else about that song is great.

The funny thing to me, is anytime threads about this song are started, alot of non-us members defend it, and I'm always like, "you dumbass, it is you he is talking about."

So non-US = immigrant? :question:

The reason why non-US members defend the song is because their perception is not as skewed by the aggressively promoted notion of political correctness. It's a real problem, it even prevents some from whistling a tune they like in public because of a ridiculous sense of guilt and shame. :crazy:

I'm definitely against using the word black person in a derogatory way but should one really be ashamed to like One in a Million? The lyrics are written from the perspective of an ignorant, angry person, that much is obvious. But should the song be censored because of that? IMO definitely not. I love the song, one of my favorites.

A song that makes you think, a song that gets you emotional, makes you mad, makes you sad, makes you want to do something about it, makes you have all kinds of feelings, makes you get on the internet and talk about how much you hate it, sounds like a great song to me. His words may disturb but at least its a reaction.

These men are correct