Azoff and Concert Industry In Doldrums. Guns N' Roses has 6th most lucrative tour.

ManetsBR

The Pulse of Radio reports that executives at concert giant Live Nation are looking at 2011 tours from the likes of VAN HALEN to save the live music industry, according to a report in USA Today. Live Nation executive chairman Irving Azoff told analysts on a Monday (October 4) conference call that the concert business will end 2010 with a whimper, with Azoff saying the industry is "still not seeing a consumer recovery" in ticket sales. But Azoff said he was optimistic about next year, specifically mentioning VAN HALEN and FLEETWOOD MAC as two acts that could lift ticket sales out of the doldrums.

Other potential 2011 moneymakers that Azoff mentioned included the cast of "Glee", AVRIL LAVIGNE and CHRISTINA AGUILERA. The latter canceled a tour this past summer because of poor sales.

Other acts that saw a dip in ticket sales this year included the JONAS BROTHERS, AEROSMITH, GOO GOO DOLLS, THE EAGLES and others.

Azoff also said that Live Nation hopes to earn money by selling more items like CDs, DVDs of that night's concert, T-shirts, posters and other memorabilia.

VAN HALEN's 2008 reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth grossed more than $93 million and drew nearly one million fans to 74 shows.

Recent rumors have indicated that a new VAN HALEN album is in the works for a 2011 release. The new album would be the first with Roth on the mic since 1983 and first full studio effort since 1998's "Van Halen III".

Although Live Nation's complaint, the list of artists that got more profit with their tours in 2010, published by Billboard, shows that actually, many artists, specially rock stars, are doing economically great. Check the list:

1. DEPECHE MODE - $18,485,677

2. METALLICA - $16,115,904

3. BEYONCÉ - $12,292,330

4. NICKELBACK - $8,292,409

5. PEARL JAM - $8,014,371

6. GUNS N' ROSES - $7,093,524

7. AC/DC - $6,774,140

8. WHITNEY HOUSTON - $5,798,972

9. GLEE - $5,031,438

10. PAUL McCARTNEY - $4,944,250

Source: Whiplash, that took the main article from Blabbermouth and the Tour List from Billboard.

Edited by ManetsBR

wheres u2?

i heard that they earn hundreds of milllions

I think those figures are total profit, not revenue. Total gross takings would be a lot more.

Exactly. In South America, Guns N' Roses cache was US$1,600,000 for each show. What they actually take of it is probably much less.

wheres u2?

U2???? lmao, the stage alone is worth 60 Millions... each "leg" of "the Spider" costs 15 millions...

estimate figures are 800 Million by the end of the Tour.... U2 always been and aways will be the pioneers in that area, there's no doubt

Edited by dario27

wheres u2?

U2???? lmao, the stage alone is worth 60 Millions... each "leg" of "the Spider" costs 15 millions...

estimate figures are 800 Million by the end of the Tour.... U2 always been and aways will be the pioneers in that area, there's no doubt

and for $2000 you can see their show! rolleyes.gif

wheres u2?

mmm not really...

Oct 8, Stadio Olimpico

Pitch RED ZONE 1 Intero *Pick Up Venue Box*287,50 €

Secondo Settore Distinti Sud Ovest Numerato Intero34,50 €

it's well worth it...

http://www.ticketone.it/EN/nc_id262437_pt529_U2.html

wheres u2?

You obviously don't get out much. Look up Pink Floyd. When it comes to stage shows, they were the pioneers. Still are (see Waters). U2's show is a firecracker compared to Floyd's nuclear weapon of a stage show... known as the "Division Bell Tour".

Afew more years of touring, and they just might cover the losses behind Chinese Democracy

Chinese Democracy made a loss? (no it didn't cupcake).

well if you count the opportunity cost of 234923849 years of making of CD

they should tour the rest of their lifes to pay it back

wheres u2?

If I remember correctly U2 said they won't make a profit off this tour until after the 2011 shows as its such a huge undertaking.

mmm not really...

Oct 8, Stadio Olimpico

Pitch RED ZONE 1 Intero *Pick Up Venue Box*287,50 €

Secondo Settore Distinti Sud Ovest Numerato Intero34,50 €

it's well worth it...

http://www.ticketone.it/EN/nc_id262437_pt529_U2.html

wheres u2?

Not really.

Surpsingly, U2 tickets aren't ridiculously expensive. I saw them in Phoenix a couple of years back, and tickets were only $30.

Beaten by Nickleback, what the fuck has happened to this once legendary band? Its fucking pathetic to be making less than the likes of Nickelback.....

you could see it like that, or you could see it like in front of ac dc and paul mccartney

Beaten by Nickleback, what the fuck has happened to this once legendary band? Its fucking pathetic to be making less than the likes of Nickelback.....

you could see it like that, or you could see it like in front of ac dc and paul mccartney

Touche!

Afew more years of touring, and they just might cover the losses behind Chinese Democracy

I doubt album sales recovered costs. Hence the tour.

Edited by star

I doubt album sales recovered costs. Hence the tour.

I think it is safe to say that CD recovered cost. The Best Buy deal did that.

With so much hype behind this album, if it didn't we would have heard about it in one the trade magazines.

Looks like GNR are having a very good year dispite being at war with Live Nation unlike everyone else.

I didn't expect them to be that high up on the list.

Not too bad for what some on this board would call a "cover band"

From the footage I have seen of the tour this year it just seems there is alot of chemistry there, unlike what I felt the band had in the past 8-9 years. Whether they will have that same chemistry in the studio who knows, but I hope we find out!