Kanye West

inthisriver

and now he says this

have decided to become the best rapper of all time! I put it on my things to do in this lifetime list!

He's already my favorite person that has anything to do with hip-hop, but I guess this is good news too. Rather than viewing it as a grand arrogant statement I see it more as him setting the bar much higher for himself. I admire that he want's to be the master of his craft.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a party tonight when the short film aired and I made most of the people watch it. Only like one other girl (the girl I'm interested in and vice versa, conveniently) enjoyed it :/

Regardless, I thought it was good. Didn't make much sense in the first viewing, but I enjoyed it.

I thought it was pretty cool overall. Visually it was pleasing and the music was awesome. The only thing that annoyed me was the bad acting but it was so limited that you hardly notice it in the grand scheme of things. The ballet sequence was pretty tight. I was impressed.

More Kanye West News:

Stereo Gum is yo source

The photo teased in “Runaway” exists, belongs to the internet now, and today we learn when you cover Kanye West’s every move you wind up doing the same for when he uncovers his every move. The upshot of all of this: Brett Favre’s week just got a little more humiliating.

If you want to see the whole shebang, MediaTakeOut is your source. Displaying that link is probably grounds for termination at most every job that involves you leaving your bed; be so advised.

1288358765kanye_nude1.jpg

and there's another one.... :lol:

Just saw this on P4k and thought it was kind of interesting.

Bush Responds to Kanye West

http://pitchfork.com/news/40587-george-w-bush-responds-to-kanye-west/

The day after a sweeping midterm election that will have seismic implications on American politics for years to come, it's kinda weird to learn about two ex-presidents saying surprising things about rappers. But here you have it: George W. Bush still resents Kanye West's statements about him, and Bill Clinton is amped for Lil Wayne to get out of prison.

Entertainment Weekly reports (via Rap Radar) that Matt Lauer, in an interview to be televised soon, asked Bush about Kanye's famous statement, on a Hurricane Katrina benefit telethon, that "George Bush doesn't care about black people." Bush told Lauer, "it was one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency."

Bush went on, "He called me a racist. And I didn't appreciate it then. I don't appreciate it now. It's one thing to say, 'I don't appreciate the way he's handled his business.' It's another thing to say, 'This man's a racist.' I resent it, it's not true."

The interview was to promote Bush's new book, Decision Points. Lauer read aloud a piece of the book, in which Bush calls the moment "an all-time low" and pointed out another another in which Bush tells his wife that it was the worst moment of his presidency. Bush writes, "I faced a lot of criticism as president. I didn't like hearing people claim that I lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction or cut taxes to benefit the rich. But the suggestion that I was racist because of the response to Katrina represented an all-time low."

Bush told Lauer, "Yeah. I still feel that way as you read those words. I felt 'em when I heard 'em, felt 'em when I wrote 'em, and I felt 'em when I'm listening to 'em."

EW also quotes the following exchange:

Lauer: "I wonder if some people are going to read that, now that you've written it, and they might give you some heat for that. And the reason is this--"

Bush [interrupting]: "Don't care."

Lauer: "Well, here's the reason. You're not saying that the worst moment in your presidency was watching the misery in Louisiana. You're saying it was when someone insulted you because of that."

Bush: "No, and I also make it clear that the misery in Louisiana affected me deeply as well. There’s a lot of tough moments in the book. And it was a disgusting moment, pure and simple."

The interview will air in the prime time special "Matt Lauer Reports" on NBC November 8.

Meanwhile, five years later, Kanye doesn't appear to be taking the moment as seriously as Bush still does. Kanye spent election night on the New York rap radio station Hot 97 with DJ Funkmaster Flex. As The New York Times reports, Kanye said during one part of the interview that his interruption of Taylor Swift's VMA acceptance speech had eclipsed his attack on Bush: "[The Taylor Swift moment is] an amazing, compelling situation. The situation is bigger to me than the Bush moment. It's bigger than a lot of things." (Taylor Swift's career certainly doesn't appear to be suffering.) Kanye also freestyled with Clipse member Pusha T; hear the freestyle and several interview segments at Nah Right.

Meanwhile, Clinton made his statements about Lil Wayne on a Pittsburgh radio station morning-zoo show yesterday morning, as AllHipHop reports. The DJs asked Clinton how he felt about Lil Wayne's impending release from prison, scheduled for tomorrow. Clinton's awesome response:

"I know this is kind of a funny question for you to ask me. But my daughter introduced me to rap and hip-hop music after I said some things that she thought were not very smart. She said, 'Dad, you need to listen. A lot of these guys are smart.' This guy's smart, and he's got ability. And he's got a new chance now. And what I hope is that this is not just something to brand him as a cool guy but that it'll never happen again to him. I think a lot of these people, they don't get successful in that-- just like any other area of life-- by being dumb. They're really smart. But a lot of them have tough lives, and they almost think it's cool to get in trouble every now and then, or they don't know how to stay out. What I hope will happen is that he has a good life now."

Then the DJ says some dumb shit about the McRib sandwich. Hear Clinton's Wayne answer below, via Vulture.