Guns n roses in israel??

AmitGNR

Israeli website reported that to shows are going to take place in Israel, tel aviv in 18&19 in December.

Its says that there is a few details that still need to be fixed.

I really hope that we will get a lil' of Chines democracy here in the Holy land!!!

I wouldn't be surprised. They played there in like 1993, and Israel's had HUGE acts come through this year - Elton, Metallica, Bob Dylan, Megadeth...I could see Guns swingin' through. Secret show at Zappa? Maybe gave Aviv Geffen open up the shows for 'em? I'd kill for that.

There were rumors last year about one show in Israel but it didn't materialize just like those ones in Italy and Spain.

Here is the link: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=120160

Looks like it's going to happen now, not hard to believe.

Edited by marlon_brando15

what will be surprising is if GNR would do a mini Iran and sing in Irak n' Iran! as part of USA program in teaching this countries what is democracy (as if usa would be a real democracy) :krider: and I am convince that after this shows, the Iraqi will stop attacking the honest americans who are working hard in getting that oil out of their country, and will make the Iranians to overthrown their evil regime and install a democratic one, were women can ran free with their hair in the wind, were they could all work for dimes for international corporations, and all the good that a democracy stands for today! :blink: and better yet, they - GNR - should continue their mission in democratization, by going to Afghanistan, which is just border with Iran, and put an end to that 9 year old effort of USA n allies ( which my country is proudly part of!). now that would be a tour! B)

I don't think Israel's getting Roger Waters' "The Wall", even though I think he really wants to because of the obvious. I think GNR faces less controversy with their shows in Israel.

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010/10/05/2741140/waters-defends-himself-against-anti-semitism-charges

I know Bumblefoot mentioned wanting to go, because of family history and having never been there, wouldn't be surprised if that would be brought up at the shows, but makes a cool connection between the band and audience.