The Official of Montreal Thread

Street_Of_Dreams

This band is pretty awesome, but extremely out there. Kevin Barnes is an absolute nut but he writes some awesome songs. They recently released a new album called "False Priest," I haven't heard it yet as I am still discovering there discog. "Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?" is easily there best album.

Anyone like these guys? Even heard of them? Or are they "Too gay" for mygnr?

Videos are amazing yet terrifying

Edited by Street_Of_Dreams

This band is pretty awesome, but extremely out there. Kevin Barnes is an absolute nut but he writes some awesome songs. They recently released a new album called "False Priest," I haven't heard it yet as I am still discovering there discog. "Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?" is easily there best album.

Anyone like these guys? Even heard of them? Or are they "Too gay" for mygnr?

Videos are amazing yet terrifying

I definitely gave them a chance. A LOT of people love this band. I just dont quite get the appeal. I feel like maybe they get a little more credit than they deserve. Spin magazine writers would have you believe Barnes is the new Bowie. They give off the "weird for the sake of weird" vibe. But points for at least being creative and trying something different. Like em or hate em, theyre at least unique

Lyrically, I think Barnes might be one of the best there is. Listen to the words on this song for crying out loud, easily there best

I'm sure alot of what they do is for shock, they get weirder with every release, but I think its cool to watch them progress throughout there career. As much as I hate comparing bands to the Beatles, I think that they are partially justified in deserving that comparison.

They've been the closest I've come to a "favourite band" for the past two years. I adore all their albums, in particular The Gay Parade and Hissing Fauna. I had a chance to see them last night, but all my friends are lame squares with horrible taste in music, and I didn't want to go alone.

I'm not really sure what I think about this band...I absolutely love some of their stuff but think some is terrible. I did enjoy their latest (False Priest) a lot more than I thought I would so I'm probably gonna give their back catalogue a shot sometime.