ALTER BRIDGE: Entire New Album Available For Streaming

Streetchild

ALTER BRIDGE's third album, "AB III", is now available for streaming in its entirety at NME.com. It can also be heard using the Soundcloud player below.

"AB III" will be released on October 8 via Roadrunner Records in all territories except North America. The CD was produced by Michael "Elvis" Baskette, who has previously worked with CHEVELLE and RATT.

"AB III" track listing:

01. Slip To The Void

02. Isolation

03. Ghost Of Days Gone By

04. All Hope Is Gone

05. Still Remains

06. Make It Right

07. Wonderful Life

08. I Know It Hurts

09. Show Me A Sign

10. Fallout

11. Breathe Again

12. Coeur D'Alene

13. Life Must Go On

14. Words Darker Than Their Wings

Singer Myles Kennedy told The Pulse of Radio that the follow-up to 2007's "Blackbird" will be a "darker" effort. "There is certainly a common thread throughout the, almost the entire record," he said. "It's lyrically a pretty dark album, probably the darkest record I've been a part of. Just a lot of questions personally that I had over the last few years, just things I was struggling with, and it was a very cathartic record for me, just to kind of get that all out. I mean, that's generally the way I personally like to write lyrics, for things that are honest and from the heart."

Kennedy also spoke to The Pulse of Radio about how he and and his bandmates approached the new album from a songwriting perspective. "There's a certain spontaneity to this record basically because of the fact that we arranged it in a much shorter period of time and the way we tend to write, it's very part-oriented," he said. "Mark and I will basically stockpile musical ideas and melodic ideas. And then it's kind of like putting a puzzle together. So we get together with Brian [Marshall, bass] and Scott [Philips, drums/keyboards] and we get everything to gel together in the context of the arrangement. There is certainly a common thread throughout the, almost the entire record," he said. "It's lyrically a pretty dark album, probably the darkest record I've been a part of. Just a lot of questions personally that I had over the last few years, just things I was struggling with, and it was a very cathartic record for me, just to kind of get that all out. I mean, that's generally the way I personally like to write lyrics, for things that are honest and from the heart."

ALTER BRIDGE plans to hit the road in October after the album is out, starting with a European tour.

Kennedy recently toured with Slash as his live lead vocalist, after singing two numbers on the guitarist's debut solo album.

The instrumental members of ALTER BRIDGE toured this summer in their other band, CREED.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147296

What I don't understand is why bands do this. It lets people hear the full album for free. It just doesn't make sense. I think this is one of the reason's album sales are so low, this and iTunes and torrents. At least have just 30 seconds clips, not the entire album. I 'm gonna wait to get the album instead of listening to it now.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

What I don't understand is why bands do this. It lets people hear the full album for free. It just doesn't make sense. I think this is one of the reason's album sales are so low, this and iTunes and torrents. At least have just 30 seconds clips, not the entire album. I 'm gonna wait to get the album instead of listening to it now.

Just bought the opening and closing tracks because of this free album streaming. I realise though I'm in a minority of people who pay for what they like :P

I listened to Creed back in '99, never been an Alter Bridge fan, but some of these songs are fucking awesome. Slip To The Void blew me away with its doomy intro and the dark lyrics. I know, everything these days is "dark, dark, dark", but this is genuinely awesome.

wait, you're seriously complaining about that?

wow

wow

Well, not really anymore. I Just think it's wierd to do this, but f it helps people wanna buy the album, than go ahead.

I just think that straaming the album full album can either help or hurts album sales.

I went against my word and listened to it, so I really don't care anymore.

wow

Well, not really anymore. I Just think it's wierd to do this, but f it helps people wanna buy the album, than go ahead.

I just think that straaming the album full album can either help or hurts album sales.

I went against my word and listened to it, so I really don't care anymore.

PROTIP: dont be concerned about a bands album sales, thats for them to worry about. If they want to give you a chance to hear the whole thing for free before you waste your money on something you might not like you should be grateful!