Do you ever wish that you could buy stock in GNR?

ITW 2012

Do you ever wish that you could buy stock in GNR? It definitely would be a fun one to speculate on. You could probably buy shares at a fairly low price and there's explosive potential if they have a hit song or do a reunion. Hearing Jim Kramer talk about CEO, Axl Rose would be priceless. It's funny too, because stock lingo aptly describes Axl. He's either hibernating away from the spotlight like a bear, charging stages and paparazzis like a bull, or leading pigs (managers, promoters, and record company executives) to the slaughter.

Edited by ITW 2012

Do you ever wish that you could buy stock in GNR? It definitely would be a fun one to speculate on. You could probably buy shares at a fairly low price and there's explosive potential if they have a hit song or do a reunion. Hearing Jim Kramer talk about CEO, Axl Rose would be priceless. It's funny too, because stock lingo aptly describes Axl. He's either hibernating away from the spotlight like a bear, charging stages and paparazzis like a bull, or leading pigs (managers, promoters, and record company executives) to the slaughter.

It would take 14 years to get your dividends

AM I RITE

AM I RITE

AM I RITE

I don't trust anything that doesn't perform well in the American market.

We all know that things hit Japan years before they are ever introduced to the American market. GNR went down a storm in Japan from what I gather. They had back to back nearly 4 hour shows there.

Edited by ITW 2012

Do you ever wish that you could buy stock in GNR? It definitely would be a fun one to speculate on.

It's actually not that unheard of a notion! As a matter of fact it's sort of been done before, and brilliantly at that. David Bowie decided one day that his back catalog, which sold steadily...like say GnR's, could be sold for millions up front to the common man. He issued "Bowie Bonds" and gave up royalties for a huge front load of cash. 55 Million to be exact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowie_Bonds

The difference here is Bowie singularly had those royalty rights to sell. "Guns-Bonds" would require agreement from Slash, Duff, Adler, etc. That means they'd all have to talk to each other and agree on something, lol, so based on that alone it's unlikely.

Cool idea though.

Edited by axlskAmpf

They do have celeb stocks online.

As far as investing in companies that have to do with entertainment, most investors will tell you they're fairly risky and jump around a little too much. Usually publishing companies and record companies being bought out are where they make money.

As far as I know, Bowie did it because he wanted to buy out Tony DeFries. I think he owns his master tapes and publishing now.

I can see Axl considering it if he wanted to buy Geffen out of what they own on all things GNR... it would prob be a good time considering all Universal stands to profit off of are downloads, and has made them money for 23 years. He could block Universal from releasing GNR songs, because they still need his consent.

I think it's a dangerous thing to put a catalog up as collateral, but if it's to gain ownership of something you feel that belongs to you, feel that it's the right thing to do in that case. A lot of bands sign up with a specific label, not just because of money, but because they have access to the person running it.

But if you spend like Michael Jackson, not a good idea.

There's articles about David's bonds being responsible for the economy. I shit you not.

I have a feeling he's going to bring back Ziggy Stardust, which I'm sure would make old fans pissed off and younger fans excited. But he could pull it off.