Will Rhiad ever return?

Stro

It is the only song from CD not to be played since the album actually came out. However it was one of the first songs of the album to be played live and was a staple in 2001/2002. Then it went away and hasn't been heard since. Obviously the vocals for the album version were recorded around 2006, but the song wasn't played during that tour. Granted, the live performances weren't particularly good. However, the band plays the song during sound checks and Axl's voice is at a point where I think he can finally do the song justice. I never expected Scraped to get played at all, let alone brought back months later after pretty weak performances of it. And being really strong at that. I find it weird it hasn't been played since 02, especially when everything else has been played. Surely the lawsuit has nothing to do with playing it live?

Well even with the lawsuit they could just do with the intro, go straight into the guitar.

And i'm sure the band could play it, being as they rehearse it and they do every song on CD justice and then some.

So I'm not really sure. Axl recorded that part judging from his voice somewhere around 2001-2002. he might not feel he can do it justice. so that might be the reason why. Or they are legally not allowed to play it. I dont know.

I think the Rhiad vocals are some of the earliest we have. Personally, I would assume from 1999, except for the end bit, in the final chorus, where he says "that you have wove so well", which has clearly been recorded within the last couple years and pasted in.

I think the Rhiad vocals are some of the earliest we have. Personally, I would assume from 1999, except for the end bit, in the final chorus, where he says "that you have wove so well", which has clearly been recorded within the last couple years and pasted in.

This same part was in the demo that was leaked from 2004 or before.

please dear God no..

NOOOO forget that song was even a GNR inclusion on CD..

that song and OMG and Silkworms need to disapear all together. They are examples of what happens when a artist compromises his integrity..

that song doesnt even merit insult its that low.. If I said it sucked it would be a compliment..the music is ecclectic but come on Axl...where were you buying your sniff from when you got busy with those lyrics???

please dear God no..

that song and OMG and Silkworms need to disapear all together. They are examples of what happens when a artist compromises his integrity..

that song doesnt even merit insult its that low.. If I said it sucked it would be a compliment..the music is ecclectic but come on Axl...where were you buying your sniff from when you got busy with those lyrics???

I really like Riad. I prefer it over Scraped. Oh My God is one of the best songs new Guns has ever came up with imo. I hope Silkworms is on the next album.

I agree the lyrics in Riad are weird but I like them for some reason. The music rocks though. Axl's voice sounds like it was recorded in the Appetite era.

Edited by Rovim

i think it was tommy that in a recent interview said they don't play riad because of the lawsuit

Source?

The Aug 11 interview with Preston and Steve on WMMR. The mp3 is no longer available on their website..

http://prestonandstevearchives.com/2010/08-Aug/Daily%20Feed%20%2808.11.10%29.mp3

Cheers! I was obviously looking at the wrong place.. :)

Tommy interview starts a little bit after 1h27m :thumbsup:

I fucking love the 01/02 performances of Riad

Axls clean high vocals on the song was awesome, great tone.

Granted he barely audible on the recordings we have, its fucking great and I think it will be quiet a hard song now to pull off live.

The wove SO well was added in to the album and was not in the version from the antiquiet leaks.

guys you know, you can't judge how old the vocals are just from live performances. Axl could do much more raspy voice in studio in 2000 than the one you can hear on current tour. It's really not the same when you are in the studio. As for me, I can record vocals that I would never be able to perform live. It's just not the same to have how much takes you want, you can take breaks whenever you want, really.

please dear God no..

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE SILKWORMS?

It is a masterpiece.

please dear God no..

It is a masterpiece.

:confused:

please dear God no..

It is a masterpiece.

+1... and this romantic lyrics... beautiful.

The wove SO well was added in to the album and was not in the version from the antiquiet leaks.

Some bits are different but Axl still has his "rasp" as one would call it in parts of the 2002-2004 era leak. As a poster said above in the studio everything is different, Axl was fully capable of his "rasp" when he couldn't do it live, like in the 02 days.

please dear God no..

It is a masterpiece.

:confused:

Again as a singer and a muscian i listen to the words.. the music is the music the lyric is the point ... Silkworms as lyrics ..you wanna like say hmm Juvenile...silly and pointless..same with Rhiad...nice stab at being topical but fucking light years away from the introspective and intelligent writer/singer Axl is.

Silkworms music is cool the lyrics sound like they were written by a pissed of 12 year old.