Guns N' Roses October 17th Birmingham UK

jackrory

Cheers guys. The train is ideal. But I'm pretty sure it won't be running at 12.30/1.00. :-(

You could get a train from Birmingham Int into Birmingham. But it depends on the time the gig ends. You can book tickets online with train line for the train and National Express for the coach.

The Birmingham Int train station is about a 10 minute walk from the NEC and the airport is approx 20mins.

A taxi would be approx £20.00.

Trains:

Depart BHI 23:47 BHI 23:52 BHI 00:11

Arrive BHM 23:58 BHM 00:04 BHM 00:23

National Express Coach

23:40 Birmingham Airport – BIRMINGHAM Journey appox 20 mins.

02:30 Birmingham Airport - BIRMINGHAM

02:45 Birmingham Airport BIRMINGHAM

thanks for taking the time to share this, its helped me a lot :D

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys. The train is ideal. But I'm pretty sure it won't be running at 12.30/1.00. :-(

You could get a train from Birmingham Int into Birmingham. But it depends on the time the gig ends. You can book tickets online with train line for the train and National Express for the coach.

The Birmingham Int train station is about a 10 minute walk from the NEC and the airport is approx 20mins.

A taxi would be approx £20.00.

Trains:

Depart BHI 23:47 BHI 23:52 BHI 00:11

Arrive BHM 23:58 BHM 00:04 BHM 00:23

National Express Coach

23:40 Birmingham Airport – BIRMINGHAM Journey appox 20 mins.

02:30 Birmingham Airport - BIRMINGHAM

02:45 Birmingham Airport BIRMINGHAM

thanks for taking the time to share this, its helped me a lot :D

Glad to help you. The NEC/LG Arena is a pig to get to and from as it's in the middle of nowhere. You could get the 2.30 coach and not worry about the gig and what time it is. Once you've got to the airport at least you will be warm and can have a drink and relive the gig!

Have a great night, I know I will!

Edited by axlsend

2 days!!!

It's weird - 14th time seing Guns N' Roses and I feel as excited as getting on a plane to Paris to watch the band in 1992.

Could be messy though - Pal with me Sunday last saw them with me in Dublin '06. WOW, hangover from hell that night!

Old man's coming for ya Axl :heart:

Can someone explain how you get from the airport to the arena please?

LG Arena

Touching Down

Birmingham International Airport (BHX) is our neighbour, which is extremely convenient for our foreign visitors and those on internal flights; once you've grabbed your luggage it will take just minutes to get to the LG Arena from the airport.

> Birmingham International Airport (BHX) Website

Once You've Landed

Walk

This is the quickest way to reach the LG Arena. If you are on foot follow the signs to the Air-Rail Link which leaves the airport from the first floor of Terminal 1. Once you have stepped off the Air-Rail at Birmingham International Station continue straight ahead through the concourse onto The NEC bridgelink. Continue walking along the bridgelink until you reach the entrance to The NEC and follow the directions to the LG Arena.

Taxi

Taxi ranks are situated outside of the passenger terminals. Black cabs are the safest way to travel and each vehicle carries 5 people with luggage.

Air-Rail Link

What is it?

The Air-Rail Link is a free, speedy and convenient way to travel between the Airport Passenger Terminals and Birmingham International Station and The NEC. Using a cable drawn system the Air-Rail Link has two trains each with a maximum capacity of 24 passengers.

Where is it?

The Air-Rail Link leaves the airport from the upper level of Terminal 1. It connects the Airport Passenger terminals to Birmingham International Station. The NEC is connected to the rail station via a covered bridgelink. Continue walking along the bridgelink until you reach the entrance to The NEC and follow the directions to the LG Arena.

Times

The Air-Rail Link operates every two minutes and has a one-way travel time of 90 seconds. The Air-Rail Link operates daily between 0515 and 0200.

2 days!!!

It's weird - 14th time seing Guns N' Roses and I feel as excited as getting on a plane to Paris to watch the band in 1992.

Could be messy though - Pal with me Sunday last saw them with me in Dublin '06. WOW, hangover from hell that night!

Shiiiiiiiiit. 14th?

I feel like I've over done it. Sunday will be my 11th time seeing them - and I must be what, a third of your age? :tongue2:

2 days!!!

Shiiiiiiiiit. 14th?

I feel like I've over done it. Sunday will be my 11th time seeing them - and I must be what, a third of your age? :tongue2:

Ha! :xmasssanta:

I love you minge' :heart::heart:

And I gotta tell you, I look fookin' good...

Im gonna bet Duff will be there. Just like Izzy did in 06' by doing the UK tour...

I dont think so. With Izzy he negotiated a deal ($) with gnr management to play a certain number of shows, wheas with duff it was a complete 1 off beacuse they ran in to each other in a london hotel and were awesome enough to make something major happen.

Lightening wont strike twice, well not in this instance

Im gonna bet Duff will be there. Just like Izzy did in 06' by doing the UK tour...

I dont think so. With Izzy he negotiated a deal ($) with gnr management to play a certain number of shows, wheas with duff it was a complete 1 off beacuse they ran in to each other in a london hotel and were awesome enough to make something major happen.

Lightening wont strike twice, well not in this instance

Would have to say I agree on that front. You never know though.

Not sure on the duff thing, but most likely wont be there.

And it doesnt matter, cause It'll still be awesome with a setlist like that.

Axl is in amazing form at the moment, and the rest of the band are perfecting songs like Nice Boys, Dont Cry and WLR.

I seriously doubt duff has now joined the guns n roses tour and is traveling with them to Birmingham of all places lol

Let's just be happy that it happened and feeling let down when it doesn't happen tomorrow

Guns play an awesome set and just enjoy that moment in time. You will never get it back :-)

I seriously doubt duff has now joined the guns n roses tour and is traveling with them to Birmingham of all places lol

Let's just be happy that it happened and feeling let down when it doesn't happen tomorrow

Guns play an awesome set and just enjoy that moment in time. You will never get it back :-)

A friend of mine works on the GNR stage/visual crew (does all the screens and whatnot). Anyway, my Dad saw him in the pub last night and he said that Duff WON'T be at Birmingham, and he only played at O2 as he just happened to be in London that night.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but at least people know not to get their hopes up now.

Anyway, I'm going to be making the long drive up to Birmingham tomorrow as I couldn't be arsed with driving into central London during the week, and I've managed to score a couple of dirt cheap tickets for myself and a very lucky lady! Hope we all get a great show!!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Shame about no Duff for this show but hardly surprising :(

I still haven't recovered from the two london shows :no: I'm exhuasted and can't lift my arms up properly :scared: Had to buy deep heat this morning :lol:

Hope I'll be ok for tomorrow night, I don't want to spend the show clapping like a little t-rex because my arms are too achy :confused:

:no:

Hi, new here..... i got some spare tickets i need to sell is anyone interested?

will give them away if no one wants to buy them............

Please give them away to me!!

Fair enough if you want them you can have them.....send me your email address..