Guns N' Roses 14th October 2010 w/ Special guest Duff Mckagan

GnRMatt

OH SWEET AND GLORIOUS DAY!!! I NEVER HAD A THING AGAINST DUFF THIS IS ROCK AND ROLL!!!

I WOULD GIVE MY LEGS TO BE THERE TONIGHT!!! THIS IS REUNION ENOUGH FOR ME. THE GREATEST BASIST AND THE GREATEST FRONTMAN BACK TOGETHER EVEN IF IT'S FOR ONE SHOW!!! THANK YOU AXL.

I would venture to say your priorities are a bit askew.

Not really my priority is Axl and GNR. I still don't like Slash. But Duff was a follower not really a leader back in the day. He saw everyone leaving so he figured he'd leave to. I don't blame him. Definitely missed his deep ass bass sound though. At the end of the day Axl made this happen. Everyone needs to give him a break and realize he has a heart.

Edited by iftheworld

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl didn't announce Duff, he just got into the stage with the band when You Could Be Mine started.

I wonder how people felt and what they thought when they realised Duff McKagan was suddenly playing with Guns N' Roses.

I'll tell you how. I was with my friend just before YCBM started and was complaining about cramp I had started to get after almost 2 days of GNR. The song started and I wasn't facing the stage, after about 20 seconds I looked at the stage and who the fuck was in front of me? I was just like "The fuck?" :confused: and realisation dawned on me that this was fucking real and I turned to my friend and just said "That's Duff Fuckin' Mckagan!" and immediately rushed into the nearby moshpit.

The crowd were enjoying the show up til that point but then the crowd went fuckin' insane at the sight of duff. I have never seen such a mental crowd. Everybody, in the first 10-15 rows was absolutely bouncing. Some poor dude after YCBM was clearly fucked and he couldn't stand, fell over a few times and against better advice wanted to stay at the front. Halfway through November Rain he just fell face first onto the floor. That's how fucked the crowd was. People were going nuts.

Met leigh rok before the gig and he was with princess and mother leigh rok. It was pretty fuckin' weird having some fella come up to me and was like "mygnr? Sam right?" and then it dawned on me who the fuck it was. Same thing happened after I left the gig. Binge and Slash recognized me and said hello. Very weird, but also absolutely fucking awesome insane night. Words cannot describe how fucking good it was.

I'm sure it's been mentioned how Axl said they met. Anyone else think that conversation at first would've been mega awkward between them two.

"Oh hey duff.." :confused:

"Hey axl..." :confused:

"So...long time no see..."

Edited by Guest

OH SWEET AND GLORIOUS DAY!!! I NEVER HAD A THING AGAINST DUFF THIS IS ROCK AND ROLL!!!

I WOULD GIVE MY LEGS TO BE THERE TONIGHT!!! THIS IS REUNION ENOUGH FOR ME. THE GREATEST BASIST AND THE GREATEST FRONTMAN BACK TOGETHER EVEN IF IT'S FOR ONE SHOW!!! THANK YOU AXL.

I would venture to say your priorities are a bit askew.

Not really my priority is Axl and GNR. I still don't like Slash. But Duff was a follower not really a leader back in the day. He saw everyone leaving so he figured he'd leave to. I don't blame him. Definitely missed his deep ass bass sound though. At the end of the day Axl made this happen. Everyone needs to give him a break and realize he has a heart.

I was more talking about the leg thing, but yeah axl is cool.

Wow massive misinterpretation there on my part. Sorry about that Jesus Christ.

OMFG YES A VIDEO! Now all we need is good sound and good video.

Btw those chicks are fucking hammered.

Edited by iftheworld

Wow massive misinterpretation there on my part. Sorry about that Jesus Christ.

OMFG YES A VIDEO! Now all we need is good sound and good video.

Btw those chicks are fucking hammered.

haha its all good, and yes they were

Very lucky people in that arena. I think it was Axl a while back that did write something about he wouldnt mind doing something in the future with Duff. I would of shit myself if I saw that in person. I almost did at Hammerstein when Izzy came out. Duff keep on rocking! :thumbsup:

Met leigh rok before the gig and he was with princess and mother leigh rok. It was pretty fuckin' weird having some fella come up to me and was like "mygnr? Sam right?" and then it dawned on me who the fuck it was. Same thing happened after I left the gig. Binge and Slash recognized me and said hello. Very weird, but also absolutely fucking awesome insane night. Words cannot describe how fucking good it was.

...and good it was to meet you too. :thumbsup:

Gutted that I missed that, but great for those who were there. Always thought Duff would come back, in fact it was only yesterday that I was checking out what he was up to - coincidence that he turns up on stage a few hours later.

I don't think he should, or would rejoin. But knowing that he and Izzy are at ease with coming on stage with the band gives the whole thing more credance. He doesn't need to rejoin full time either, a show here and there suits everyone. Tommy has been one of the longest serving memebers of this band, and deserves his spot. Without him this whole thing wouldn't still be going.

As great as it was that Duff joined the band on stage last night it must be hurtful to Tommy and the guys to read 'reunion now' after they have played their hearts out for us on this tour. It was a lovely 'guest' spot for Duff but not permanent as he has his own band and music to deliver.

As great as it was that Duff joined the band on stage last night it must be hurtful to Tommy and the guys to read 'reunion now' after they have played their hearts out for us on this tour. It was a lovely 'guest' spot for Duff but not permanent as he has his own band and music to deliver.

agreed, tommy is also my favourite "hired" gun, but still, I nearly shat myself when the king of beers came on last night, wow!