Guns N' Roses 14th October 2010 w/ Special guest Duff Mckagan

GnRMatt

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have the words Axl spoke when he introduced Duff?

or did he just come out of the smoke to blow us away!!!! :shocked:

This is what I read on the Guns N' Roses Tracker site I use to download the occasional Gn'R torrents:

Duff was in town on business and stayed at the same hotel and on the same floor as Axl. Then Duff joined the band on stage. Nobody planned anything in advance.

- Axl right after "You Could Be Mine": "There was this guy at the end of my hallway playing all this loud music and shit....Who the fuck? Oh, It's Duff!!"

Does anyone have the words Axl spoke when he introduced Duff?

or did he just come out of the smoke to blow us away!!!! :shocked:

This is what I read on the Guns N' Roses Tracker site I use to download the occasional Gn'R torrents:

Duff was in town on business and stayed at the same hotel and on the same floor as Axl. Then Duff joined the band on stage. Nobody planned anything in advance.

- Axl right after "You Could Be Mine": "There was this guy at the end of my hallway playing all this loud music and shit....Who the fuck? Oh, It's Duff!!"

Thanks man...I just seen the video.....this is so fucking cool! B) B) B) B) B)

However, most of the reviews are by lemmings that just want to go with the crowd and trash Axl. For instance, this idiot who cant obviously tell the difference between November Rain and YCBM, is pissed off that Axl can get a good turnout of young people and thinks that Bumble looks like Marilyn Manson -

Charles Manson. The guy who wrote 'Look At Your Game, Girl' performed by Axl on "TSI?" and whose last name Brian Warner used for his stage name.

Sorry, I meant Charles Manson. :tongue2:

Thank you !!!

This is beautiful. Watch Tommy and Duff sing backing vocals together. Sweet. One of the best videos of New GnR that I have ever seen.

It's awesome catching Duff looking at Axl when he does those amazing screams. I bet it must have reminded him of how well Axl can sing and what a great frontman he is.

It would have been mindblowing to see Duff on Nighttrain.

Edited by The Archer

Great to see Duff back on stage with them, although I think Tommy is excellent and an integral part of this line up. What struck me particularly on Patience, was that Duff seemed desperate to play, I mean he even started to play the tambourine at the start. I think he must have realised what he'd been missing! The other guys must have appreciated that and they were really good to him.

So glad I couldn't make the Wednesday show and had to change tickets!!

Wow. Axl sounded really good in this one.

On the contrary, Duff looked confused as fuck and seemed to have no idea where to stand or what to play. They should've rehearsed this more.

Yeah, perhaps they should have. But obviously they didn't. Besides, this version of the song is quite different from what he used to play. And I'm not sure whether they were able provide Duff with a spare in-ear monitor. :unsure: He did just great under the circumstances! :)

Does anyone have video of when Duff actually entered the stage? I want to hear the reaction.

I haven't seen a video yet of it in full, but in the video we have its close to how it went down, he just entered and walked to the front with Bumblefoot pointing at him but the reaction was big once everyone knew what was going on, took a lot of people by surprise.

Some of us could see Duff backstage during the first few songs but had no idea what was about to happen.

GOD IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, PLEASE BRING THIS CONCERT TO DVD.

Fuck I keep crying listening to the songs everytime.

BTW: Is it me or was that one of the best versions of YCBM You've ever heard. WOW.

Oh, be careful with prayers! ;) Steven kept praying for the classic lineup to reunite and asking God to talk to Axl and what? Duff's on stage with the guys and where's Steven? :lol:

That performance of You Could Be Mine was just admirable! :)

GOD IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, PLEASE BRING THIS CONCERT TO DVD.

Fuck I keep crying listening to the songs everytime.

BTW: Is it me or was that one of the best versions of YCBM You've ever heard. WOW.

Oh, be careful with prayers! ;) Steven kept praying for the classic lineup to reunite and asking God to talk to Axl and what? Duff's on stage with the guys and where's Steven? :lol:

That performance of You Could Be Mine was just admirable! :)

Oh you're right!.............(cleares throat)

AXL IF YOU CAN HEAR ME PLEASE RELEASE THIS CONCERT ON DVD!

Edited by iftheworld