DUFF MCKAGAN on stage with Guns

GNR 1991

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why this requires a new thread, and even though I don't expect (or even really wish/hope for a reunion), I would love to see Duff rejoin GNR. I've been a fan since I was 9 years old (1989), but I love the new band and I love the new songs. That said, I would LOVE to see duff back in the band. Tommy is great, but he's no Duff, that's for sure.

PLEASE BRING BACK DUFF.

I wonder how much of a part Bumble played in all this? How long ago was it that Duff and Bumle jammed?

2 years ago, I think it was either a Loaded show or Duff's birthday.

But lets think....Bumble jammed with him....Bumble knows fans like the old band.....he tells Axl. Not too hard to imagine.

This is history in the making, a little Gunner miracle!!!

Im loving and enjoying this so much, i've been a GNR fan for 19 years, and the feeling that im getting its pretty overwhelming and i wasnt even there..

Duffs smile says it all, he looks so satisfied and proud!! :heart:

Edited by nathalie92

Like I said in the other thread, I think this is simply an olive branch to Axl, and a way of saying "I approve" of the new band. Now that Izzy and Duff have both guested, it shows they're putting their past behind them and making amends, and that's all that really matters. I'm indifferent to if they ever rejoin the band or not, but it makes me happy to know that some old friends have made up.

Like I said in the other thread, I think this is simply an olive branch to Axl, and a way of saying "I approve" of the new band. Now that Izzy and Duff have both guested, it shows they're putting their past behind them and making amends, and that's all that really matters. I'm indifferent to if they ever rejoin the band or not, but it makes me happy to know that some old friends have made up.

This european tour has had everything.

I wonder how much of a part Bumble played in all this? How long ago was it that Duff and Bumle jammed?

But lets think....Bumble jammed with him....Bumble knows fans like the old band.....he tells Axl. Not too hard to imagine.

Axl said it was purely coincidental. He said something like "last night I was wondering who was making all that racket and I go down the hallway and I'm like 'oh great, it's duff'".

Seemingly Duff just happened to be in London. It was like it was meant to be :heart:

Axl said it was purely coincidental. He said something like "last night I was wondering who was making all that racket and I go down the hallway and I'm like 'oh great, it's duff'".

Seemingly Duff just happened to be in London. It was like it was meant to be :heart:

Did he say that during the show??

Man the money I would have paid to see that performance lol

Did he say that during the show??

Man the money I would have paid to see that performance lol

Yeah he said it after YCBM. I'm only paraphrasing because my mind is still reeling from what happened but he derfinitely said at the end "oh great, it's duff" but in a very kinda downtone way. Like he was disappointed to see him. Still... over interpreting here I feel otherwise I doubt he'd have let him come play.

There wasn't any real connection moments between Axl and Duff on stage either. I was hoping for a moment where Axl would go over to Duff and like rock out with him maybe get him to sing a line or two but Duff just jammed with the band and Axl just did his thing. Still awesome none the less.

What the... seriously some people need to get their heads on straight.

First - Duff is awesome, deserves a ton of respect. Much like Izzy, he left the band on terms that were not brutal per se. You have to figure, when Axl said in 2008 he'd be open to working with him, that this was the case, or he never would have considered it.

Now... some of the comments in here?

Ditch Tommy? No fucking way. Both spent 12 years in GN'R and Duff has other projects - VR apparently, Loaded, his column... Tommy's stuck with the band through some serious shit. You want to bring Duff out like Izzy, fine, have two bassists and alternate songs? Maybe that, otherwise... let this be a special guest thing. Which is all it's going to be.

Azoff is genius? Really SunnyDRE? What did he do that led to this? He's no longer the band's manager and will miss out on all of the revenue post-South America, and that's IF he wins his lawsuit, and rest assured Axl's unlikely to ever work with him again.

Nor should you all even think reunion.

Much like Izzy, this is a cool thing for the fans, period.

And what's this about "the end of the tour" - this tour ain't over folks! Australia in December, and I'd put money on more to come. With the current lineup.

I'd love to see Loaded as an opener with a few songs with Duff for old time's sake mind you. That's about it.

Edited by kyrie

Let's not freak out just yet. Duff played YCBM. FUCK SLASH! DUFF&AXL STARTS NOW!!!!!

and btw David_Bowie, you're constantly talking shit about Axls' music so how is this going to work for you?

Fixed it for you. Your opinion is probably about .05% of the fanbase.

Axl finally realized the current incarnation ain't going to cut it. Anyone really think this was a "Hey. Is that you Duff? What are you doing in England. Remember that band I kicked you out of? Well, we're playing right down the road tonight. If you stop by later for some tea and crumpets, we can go over a few songs and maybe I can have you on stage if your aura permits it"

Let's not freak out just yet. Duff played YCBM. FUCK SLASH! DUFF&AXL STARTS NOW!!!!!

and btw David_Bowie, you're constantly talking shit about Axls' music so how is this going to work for you?

Fixed it for you. Your opinion is probably about .05% of the fanbase.

Axl finally realized the current incarnation ain't going to cut it. Anyone really think this was a "Hey. Is that you Duff? What are you doing in England. Remember that band I kicked you out of? Well, we're playing right down the road tonight. If you stop by later for some tea and crumpets, we can go over a few songs and maybe I can have you on stage if your aura permits it"

Do you honestly think a reunion is going to come out of this? :rofl-lol:

Axl even said before he was willing to work with Duff.