DUFF MCKAGAN on stage with Guns

GNR 1991

Let's not freak out just yet. Duff played YCBM. FUCK SLASH! DUFF&AXL STARTS NOW!!!!!

and btw David_Bowie, you're constantly talking shit about Axls' music so how is this going to work for you?

Fixed it for you. Your opinion is probably about .05% of the fanbase.

Axl finally realized the current incarnation ain't going to cut it. Anyone really think this was a "Hey. Is that you Duff? What are you doing in England. Remember that band I kicked you out of? Well, we're playing right down the road tonight. If you stop by later for some tea and crumpets, we can go over a few songs and maybe I can have you on stage if your aura permits it"

Yeah that happened when Axl played with Izzy in 2006 too. Led straight to a reunion.

Oh wait...

Oh by the way, Axl didn't kick Duff out of Guns, he quit in Aug '97.

But you seem to be wanting to start shit everytime the thread gets back to being generally peaceful.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not freak out just yet. Duff played YCBM. FUCK SLASH! DUFF&AXL STARTS NOW!!!!!

and btw David_Bowie, you're constantly talking shit about Axls' music so how is this going to work for you?

Fixed it for you. Your opinion is probably about .05% of the fanbase.

Axl finally realized the current incarnation ain't going to cut it. Anyone really think this was a "Hey. Is that you Duff? What are you doing in England. Remember that band I kicked you out of? Well, we're playing right down the road tonight. If you stop by later for some tea and crumpets, we can go over a few songs and maybe I can have you on stage if your aura permits it"

Do you honestly think a reunion is going to come out of this? :rofl-lol:

Axl even said before he was willing to work with Duff.

To be honest, not at all. I was just brushing up on my GNR fanfiction.

Duff is really getting around this week. In the studio with Matt/Slash and on stage with Axl all within a 7 day time period.

This puts us no closer to a reunion, but should only serve as a reminder as to how amazing it would be to actually see all 5 of them on stage at the same time.

The boards blew a collective nut when it was Axl with one ex member on stage individually (Izzy and then Duff). You'd be able to power a small city with the level of electicity it would generate among the fan base and the people in the arena that night if the opening notes to Jungle started and as the lights came up it turned out to be Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff and Steven on stage together.

I'm really happy about this. It also takes off a lot of the baggage that comes with being a Gn'R fan. Duff rocks!

By the way: Bumble is such a good guy, giving Duff a guitar during Patience, and really being supportive of everyone. He's all heart.

Good times.

Edited by Rovim

I just thought about it, and I saw Todd Kerns (Slash's bassist) final tour blog posted elsewhere and in it he mentions that while he didn't get on stage, Duff did goto the final Slash show last Wednesday.

Had to be kind of surreal for Duff to see Axl and Slash perform live in the same week playing GNR songs with a pair different bassists covering the material he wrote.

Mainly a screen vid, but you can see some Axl and Duff interaction at the start.

The guy who uploaded is planning on putting up a better sound quality one later.

what can i say? this is history...i love duff and i love how he interacts with tommy at the end...these guys are all awesome...the big gnr family...on the bass guitar mr duff mc kagan....goosebumps!!

Axl said it was purely coincidental. He said something like "last night I was wondering who was making all that racket and I go down the hallway and I'm like 'oh great, it's duff'".

Seemingly Duff just happened to be in London. It was like it was meant to be :heart:

Yeah he said it after YCBM. I'm only paraphrasing because my mind is still reeling from what happened but he derfinitely said at the end "oh great, it's duff" but in a very kinda downtone way. Like he was disappointed to see him. Still... over interpreting here I feel otherwise I doubt he'd have let him come play.

There wasn't any real connection moments between Axl and Duff on stage either. I was hoping for a moment where Axl would go over to Duff and like rock out with him maybe get him to sing a line or two but Duff just jammed with the band and Axl just did his thing. Still awesome none the less.

If they would hug like Axl and Izzy few years ago, it would be...surreal :)

But anyway, having Duff on the stage with GN'R is so fuckin' A W E S O M E rock3

Duff McKagan Joins Guns N' Roses Onstage in London!

Former Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan joined the band's current lineup onstage earlier tonight (Thursday, October 14) at London, England's O2 arena to perform four songs: "You Could Be Mine", "Nice Boys" (Rose Tattoo cover), "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan cover) and "Patience".

The first photo of this historic event can be found at this location. More pictures are available below.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Intro

02. Chinese Democracy

03. It's So Easy

04. Mr. Brownstone

05. Sorry

06. Shackler's Revenge

07. Richard Fortus Solo

08. Live And Let Die

09. Instrumental Jam

10. This I Love

11. Better

12. Rocket Queen

13. Dizzy Reed Solo

14. Street Of Dreams

15. You Could Be Mine (w/ Duff McKagan on bass)

16. The Ballad Of Death

17. Sweet Child O'Mine

18. Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)

19. Axl Piano Solo

20. November Rain

21. Bumblefoot Solo

22. I.R.S.

23. Nice Boys (w/ Duff McKagan on guitar)

24. Knocking On Heaven's Door (w/ Duff McKagan on guitar)

25. Nightrain

Encore:

26. Don't Cry

27. Madagascar

28. Patience (w/ Duff McKagan on tambourine)

29. Whole Lotta Rosie

30. Waiting On A Friend (jam)

31. Paradise City

According to Rock Radio, singer Axl Rose claimed the event came about by accident because he and McKagan happened to be staying at the same hotel. He told the crowd: "There was this guy at the end of my hallway playing all this loud music and shit. What the fuck? Oh — it's Duff!"

Original GN'R guitarist Izzy Stradlin jammed with the current version of Guns N' Roses at a number of shows in 2006.

In a 2009 interview with AskMen.com, Duff was asked what he thought of Guns N' Roses' latest album, "Chinese Democracy", which was released in November 2008 as a Best Buy exclusive, 17 years after the last all-original Guns sets, "Use Your Illusion I" and "II". "It's funny; so many people have asked me that question and I gotta figure out why people think my opinion matters," Duff replied. "I think Axl did a great job on that record and other than that, the songs and the band are a completely different thing, so for me to really comment on the band, I might as well be commenting on the new Slipnot record. It's that far removed from me. We [Guns] made our last record in '92 or '93 or something — that was 16 years ago. That was a lifetime ago for me. I was still using and stuff back then. So, that's how long ago it was for me." He then added, "It's ['Chinese Democracy'] great. There are songs on it that I like and there are songs on it that I don't like, just like any other record."

During a 2009 interview with Billboard, Rose insisted that he will never share a stage with former GN'R guitarist Slash again. "One of the two of us will die before a reunion," Rose said. "However sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is." He also said, "I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it."

Last year McKagan told Rolling Stone magazine that he's open to the idea of working with Rose again. "I'm not going to be one of those guys who's like 'fuck that, that'll never happen.' he said. "It could very well happen. I love Axl. We've been through a lot of shit together that nobody can take that away from us."

In addition to Rose, the current lineup of Guns N' Roses includes guitarists DJ Ashba, Ron Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

"Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment, selling less than one million copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) despite the long wait.

http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=2661

Mainly a screen vid, but you can see some Axl and Duff interaction at the start.

The guy who uploaded is planning on putting up a better sound quality one later.

what can i say? this is history...i love duff and i love how he interacts with tommy at the end...these guys are all awesome...the big gnr family...on the bass guitar mr duff mc kagan....goosebumps!!

Fiucking great !! I´m so fucking happy ... in a few days i´ll be at barcelona concert ... i wish Axl repeats the "Duff surpirse" !

66647101502725010901367.jpg

Completely bad ass and the way it should be.

I know Tommy has been loyal for 12 years now and all, but seeing how bad ass Axl/Duff look together up there just reinforces to me how fucked up it is these guys can't get their shit together and make it happen.

With Axl having gotten his voice back and Slash playing out of his mind right now a reunited GNR really would rip the world's face off and kick everyone's asses.

Just seeing that picture of Duff/Axl makes me realize how badly rock needs the real GNR back. They haven't shared a stage in 17 years and they still look totally bad ass up there.