GNR being fined for overruns at both London concerts

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

Mate if I was getting £20 000 a night to play gigs that arnt even sold out I would consider that a result. That's about what axl will get. That's just the way it is. If he does festivals or whatever he gets more , it's simple and realistic

I can't tell you exactly what he gets, but I seriously wouldn't imagine (with my economics degree ) that he would make more than £25 000 net profit per o2 show… that's still alot for a nights singing , even if you regard it as pittance. And all those shows add up.

The rolling stones made about 2 000 000 quid each playing hundreds of dates on their bigger bang world tour etc...

Edited by yes i love you

Mate if I was getting £20 000 a night to play gigs that arnt even sold out I would consider that a result. That's about what axl will get. That's just the way it is. If he does festivals or whatever he gets more , it's simple and realistic

I can't tell you exactly what he gets, but I seriously wouldn't imagine (with my economics degree ) that he would make more than £25 000 net profit per o2 show… that's still alot for a nights singing , even if you regard it as pittance. And all those shows add up.

The rolling stones made about 2 000 000 quid each playing hundreds of dates on their bigger bang world tour etc...

But £25,000 split between 8 band members, a support act and paying the wages of the roadcrew wont actually be a whole lot per head... which is why I am saying it's clearly higher than that figure. If being late by 45 mins two nights in a row costs GNR around 60% of their profit then why the fuck would they persist on doing it? Also, GNR are usually a lot later than they were, so what- you're saying that GNR decide to throw away around 75% of their profit at every gig in late fees?

You're calculatiions, even with your fancy degree, are way off buddy.

But £25,000 split between 8 band members, a support act and paying the wages of the roadcrew wont actually be a whole lot per head... which is why I am saying it's clearly higher than that figure. If being late by 45 mins two nights in a row costs GNR around 60% of their profit then why the fuck would they persist on doing it? Also, GNR are usually a lot later than they were, so what- you're saying that GNR decide to throw away around 75% of their profit at every gig in late fees?

He said 20 000 is what AXL gets - no support band, no road crew, no bandmates.

At most venues there will probably no fine at all for finishing late. Also, are you suggesting that going on late regularely is a result of some logical calculation?

He said 20 000 is what AXL gets - no support band, no road crew, no bandmates.

At most venues there will probably no fine at all for finishing late. Also, are you suggesting that going on late regularely is a result of some logical calculation?

The band would get about £80 000 for both shows to split between the band , crew and managers. So 70 000 would sting like a bitch.

And as far as I was aware all venues would have fees for finishing late?

I remember a few years back Blender Magazine ran a summary of what a Metallica concert at MSG would expect to generate. They figured the average ticket price was $60 with the venue selling out at 18000 - 20 000. With 20k people in attendance at $60 a pop, the band MADE $480k. This was the profit margin. At $60 a ticket with 20k in attendance the total revenue is $1.2 million. After venue fees, stage expenses, licensing fees and whatnot it came out to $480k. From that the band would pay themselves, their manager (generally 15%), their entourage and crew. With Metallica being a four man band, I wouldn't be surprised if each member made anywhere between $60-75k for the night.

With a GNR ticket now being on average $70-80, I'll bet total revenue runs around the $2m for both nights combined. While 72k pounds would hurt, I don't think it's going to put them in the negative. Moreover, one has to figure that overrun costs are split amongst the band, I can't see just Axl footing the bill.

In any event, it's really nothing for us to be too concerned about so long as the band is making money, having a good time, and the fans who are in attendance are loving the show. I'm sure at the end of the day everyone goes home happy (though maybe a little lighter in the pockets than originally anticipated).

Cheers,

Andrew

As someone quite rightly pointed out, I am making the assumption that AXL makes about £20 000. -£25 000 net profit per night, that is after the band , road crew and managers are paid.

But you don't just divide the whole show profit margin by the 8 members of the band as one poster suggested- that's nuts! Axl Rose will get way more money than dizzy reed fir example. Likewise a member of the lighting crew can expect to make anything from £100 to £200 for the nights work.

What I'm saying is that each gig does not make axl and the boys millions or whatever. That's a fundamental misconception some people have. Axl Rose would have to play a hefty amount of shows to get anywhere near £1000000

As someone quite rightly pointed out, I am making the assumption that AXL makes about £20 000. -£25 000 net profit per night, that is after the band , road crew and managers are paid.

But you don't just divide the whole show profit margin by the 8 members of the band as one poster suggested- that's nuts! Axl Rose will get way more money than dizzy reed fir example. Likewise a member of the lighting crew can expect to make anything from £100 to £200 for the nights work.

What I'm saying is that each gig does not make axl and the boys millions or whatever. That's a fundamental misconception some people have. Axl Rose would have to play a hefty amount of shows to get anywhere near £1000000

Every time you post, i think how much cooler it would be if your username was "Hello, I love you." But whatever, I guess that's just me.

The 2nd night was NOT sold out! Ask anyone tHat was there, the entire top tier was sealed off with a curtain. You are the one who hasn't a clue

Ahem...a bit more too this my dear sir. I was there too and YES the top tier WAS sealed off. This tends to be at artist discretion as the top tier is not only a health and saftey risk should you want to do anything other than sit and watch the performance or stand on the spot but is also poor area for acoustics.

If the shows were not sold out then surely they would still have been advertising tickets on the night which I'm damn certain they weren't. Could someone confirm if the top tier was curtained off on Wednesday night as well as we all know this was definitely sold out!

If it was open then I'll eat my words, if it wasn't stop being so assumptive!