If Duff would want to come back

vintage

Not knocking Tommy but come on. Duff helped compose songs that to THIS DAY, get radio play. He's much more talented at composition and to me, that's always the most important thing. Having him back is an upgrade anyway you want to put it.

Edited by Nintari

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Duff wanted to come back to GnR, I would not miss Tommy 1 bit!! What has Tommy done, help create C.D. and the General of the band, Give me a breat Duff brings a hell of allot more the Tommy to the table!!

Before Tommy joined GnR he was not a big fan , Duff is a Big Part of why GnR is what it is...

Please come back Duff and sorry Tommy you can go play with whats your other bands name.

I think Duff comes as a package deal with that uh, other guy from GNR. I'd have to believe he'd feel some sense of betrayal by joining Axl without Slash since we know that Duff and Slash are very close. It still saddens me that to this day, that there's still one guy who's holding out for whatever reason. And I agree with you, I couldn't care less how well these guys cover the GNR/Axl songs, the full-on reunion is what we're waiting for.

They're grown ass men. Slash wouldn't hold it against him. Duff and Slash have lives apart from music, and enjoy working on new music together. But if Axl asked Duff to re-join GNR? He wouldn't be pissed about it. If Slash and Axl patched things up, I doubt Slash would tell Axl "if you don't get Duff back, I'm not playing".

Duff quit on Axl in the mid 90's. Tommy helped Axl through his toughest project, CD. And has stuck around through alot of other shit. I like Duff, but I would rather Tommy stay. I think Axl would feel the same. Tommy is his current close friend. Duff is just a memory of Axl. Good memory, but the past is the past people, reunion will never happen!

If another one off happens with any ex member, I say bring on Matt Sorum & play Double Talkin' Jive & You Could Be Mine with him on drums! rock3

Or one of those rarely to never played songs like Don't Damn Me, Get In The Ring or Back Off Bitch

Edited by Screamin Demon

Duff quit on Axl in the mid 90's. Tommy helped Axl through his toughest project, CD. And has stuck around through alot of other shit. I like Duff, but I would rather Tommy stay. I think Axl would feel the same. Tommy is his current close friend. Duff is just a memory of Axl. Good memory, but the past is the past people, reunion will never happen!

Just what I think about it. Thanks.

Why not have two bassists? Bring back Brain and we can have two drummers. Hell, bring Izzy back on board and we could have 4 guitarists. Teddy Zig Zag could join in on it to, 3 keyboards. It would be just like the UYI tour all over again.

Why not have two bassists? Bring back Brain and we can have two drummers. Hell, bring Izzy back on board and we could have 4 guitarists. Teddy Zig Zag could join in on it to, 3 keyboards. It would be just like the UYI tour all over again.

My dream has always been to see every GNR member from 1987-2010, on the same stage, playing Nightrain at the same time.

God that would be fucking awesome.

My dream has always been to see every GNR member from 1987-2010, on the same stage, playing Nightrain at the same time.

God that would be fucking awesome.

I would be happy with just Bumble and Bucket on the same stage.

I don't get why Chi Dem was Axl's toughest project. By the time he started working on it he had already rid himself of the albatross that was around his neck. There's always "a lot of other shit" going on in GN'R land. Was back in the '90s and apparently in the '00s too. I don't think it'll ever end. The '80s were pretty fucking awesome though!

cuz then axl would go broke

And the songs would sound even worse than they do now in concert. Difference is that in '92 Axl could do that. He's not quite what he was 20 years ago.