As cool as it is to see Duff on-stage with Axl........

neatd99

I believe a reunion is possible (with everyone except Steven Adler)............

Why is that? I just saw Adler's band play this past week and I can attest that he looked sober and didn't miss a beat. You're clearly talking out of your ass with this comment.

Adler's career is not even close to being at the same level as the careers of the other four original members. There is a reason for this: the guy is completely unstable. Sure, he might be ok today, but judging from past history, there's a chance he won't be fine tomorrow. He has cleaned up his act several times before and every time he goes back to his old drug habits.

If there was ever a big reunion, it's more likely we'd see Matt Sorum on drums than Steven Adler.

Hello there, just discovered this forum, first post.

Found somewhere that Duff joined his old pals on the stage. It seems they were all having the good time (great pics/videos on the forum). BTW, Axl still sounds amazing. In fact, his voice matured - I would say it’s better then ever.

On the topic:

I would like to see the reunion only if they create new material (and a lot of it). It they just want to milk that old catalog (more?) and fill out the stadiums – don’t bother. Does anyone recall how cool is to hear some new awesome songs on the radio and now internet – that’s really something.

It seems to me current lineup plays everything very well technically, and TO THE NOTE as how Duff, Izzy and Slash were playing (back in a day). Furthermore they even look alike and dress alike the other guys (rhythm guitar player is just like Izzy, and DJ Ashba is like a little Slash). They even picked up the mannerism; created the cannon from the past so to speak. So, in a strange way Axl and Guns are (re)living the past with every single AFD song they play. In that regard - reunion would allow them to MOVE ON, and get out from the past.

Slash is also playing some old Guns songs, probably because he want everyone to know he claims part of the GnR legacy, so the reunion would release him from that burden.

Izzy is like Slash - incredibly prolific artist, so he has loads to contribute. Anyone has his solo albums? If not so, check out “

” - isn’t that awesome acoustic guitar/bass combo right at the beginning (and after the “old country” intro). I mean, Axls voice could fit perfectly in there, and on many other-if not all songs. It’s like he is writing for Axl exclusively. Many singers would pay loads and loads of money to songwriters that would write exclusively for them, PLUS music that fits their style at the same time. Think Sinatra, Tom Jones, Rod Stuart and many others.

My 5 c on the topic. Hope to hear more material from the gang!

I would take a reunion any way I could get it... Just to see Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven and Izzy onstage again would be a dream come true.. As for new material, that would be a plus for sure!! I still believe that Axl, Slash and Izzy could write some serious material together..

I don't think being 50 means you can't write great music anymore. I think the reason we see that happen so often is because at that age, most musicians become complacent. When you're young, you have alot more hunger etc.

Would a reunited GNR release a subpar, lazy and generic record? I doubt it. Axl wouldn't let that happen. There's a reason why Slash's best work came while working with him. Plus, I think all of them would feel like they have something to prove.

No offense. But that was the dumbest post, or analysis of anything, I have ever read on this forum... or anywhere for that matter. I'm guessing you're either young-dumb-and-full-of-cum or just plain stupid and naive.

The simple fact of the matter why acts are successful today is because they're young acts. Young acts appeal to the young fans that dictate what's popular and what's not. A very small percentage of music fans between the ages of 10-25 are going to appreciate any music being created by the likes of a David Gilmour, Axl Rose, Eddie Vedder, Sting, Tom Petty or any other number of aging music stars.

The only aging acts that break the mainstream anymore do it on nastalgia only. U2, the Stones... etc.

This was a dumb post because to say that a 50 year old becomes lazy with music or whatever is ridiculous. Listen to David Gilmour's new album. Listen to any artists' album post 50 and that's probably their best work. You just have to not blow it off initially as an older artist trying to get attention.

The best gem's are from aging artists. Just because they're not on MTV with the rest of the teenie-boppers doesn't mean their heart-and-soul isn't in it anymore.

It's quite the contrary.

Dumb post. Dumbest ever.

Haha...calling me and my post the dumbest thing ever, all the while missing the ENTIRE POINT of the fucking post.

Nice.

I don't think being 50 means you can't write great music anymore. I think the reason we see that happen so often is because at that age, most musicians become complacent. When you're young, you have alot more hunger etc.

Would a reunited GNR release a subpar, lazy and generic record? I doubt it. Axl wouldn't let that happen. There's a reason why Slash's best work came while working with him. Plus, I think all of them would feel like they have something to prove.

Yeah but that was when they were in their mid-late 20s...Which generally is a lot more creative time for most people, and for Guns it was a lot more tumultous time, which fueled creativity. Plus all of the members were on some substance or another at the time which helped, now they're mostly all clean.

Um..since its obvious your speaking in "generalities"...i remind you of who and what the biggest tours are in the world and still some of the most consistent music out there is...yeah older bands with fuckers in thier 40-60's

No they would not replicate Appetite...but you and every other person that adheres to the notion that some of these fuckers all of a sudden are incapable of putting on a hell of a show or writing great music needs to sit down with a classic rock and roll list of bands and see for yourself..

There are no more legendary rock bands after GNR...wheres the 90's and 2000's bands that will carry on...

No offense. But that was the dumbest post, or analysis of anything, I have ever read on this forum... or anywhere for that matter. I'm guessing you're either young-dumb-and-full-of-cum or just plain stupid and naive.

The simple fact of the matter why acts are successful today is because they're young acts. Young acts appeal to the young fans that dictate what's popular and what's not. A very small percentage of music fans between the ages of 10-25 are going to appreciate any music being created by the likes of a David Gilmour, Axl Rose, Eddie Vedder, Sting, Tom Petty or any other number of aging music stars.

The only aging acts that break the mainstream anymore do it on nastalgia only. U2, the Stones... etc.

This was a dumb post because to say that a 50 year old becomes lazy with music or whatever is ridiculous. Listen to David Gilmour's new album. Listen to any artists' album post 50 and that's probably their best work. You just have to not blow it off initially as an older artist trying to get attention.

The best gem's are from aging artists. Just because they're not on MTV with the rest of the teenie-boppers doesn't mean their heart-and-soul isn't in it anymore.

It's quite the contrary.

Dumb post. Dumbest ever.

You've completely misunderstood what he was saying, why don't you read things properly before you go labeling people dumb.

Who knows, “It’s Chinese Democracy Somewhere” LOL…

I think they kind of burned out on UYI tour, perhaps if they made it last shorter, and consolidated after it (and brought Izzy back on the board), they could’ve survived. There is really no point.

Stones can give a great example on touring. They tour for about a year, with even breaks in between. And so they hold that “board of directors” type of meeting in November (every year since the mid ages) where they discuss the strategy for the next year. (This year Mick & Keith are on particularly bad terms so we’ll see… But if they agree there will be Farewell Tour No54 in 2011…)

So when did The Rolling Stones, U2, Metallica, or AC/DC release that groundbreaking album after their 50ties and which albums would that be? :crazy:

Are you stupid?

Are you? Answer my question..which albums? The above bands did groundbreaking stuff in their 20ties and 30ties that made them legends. But after their 50ties they milked that old success. Same way as it would've gone with original GNR hadn't they broken up. Now original GNR's groundbreaking (Lies, AFD, UYII&II) stuff is forever immortalized and cannot be touched by every rockband's biggest threat: becoming old, spoiled, fat, lazy, non-inspired, cashgrabbing, limousine-privatejet-drunk predictable bastards. Each and every 1 of the originals has to work his ass off to stay relevant, that's why they are still making great music instead of milking an old success formula. That's why we have NewGNR, VR, Loaded, Snakepit, Slash solo, Izzy solo, playing clubs, small venues, and arenas for us to enjoy instead of a current Aerosmith style band who haven't wrote 1 original song together in 20+ years (according to Joe Perry).

AFAIC bands (with members) in their 40s or 50s that survived (as bands), and stayed true to themselves at the same time, don’t need to release some groundbreaking stuff, big deal. In fact they can not do it technically – their style is already known (and copied by numerous copycats).

For example, “Black Ice” is among the best AC/DC studio albums and LIVE is a phenomenal live album. Are they groundbreaking – no. Not because those are not great albums – but because of the order of the release. We saw it all before: Attitude, high pitch cock-rock vocals, rock anthems, Angus playing style, rhythm etc.

Another example: Ian Anderson in the 80s – Instead of doing what he does the best (playing flute like a lunatic, and about 50 other acoustic instruments, and merging it all with Barre’s electric guitar and Hammond organs) has was trying so hard to make something groundbreaking again (as he did in the 70s), so he was toying with the electronics, synthesizers, imitating (then popular) Mark Knopfler’s playing style and what not. Eventually, he reunited with his old pals to play some “Jethro Tull By The Book”, “Jethro Non-Groundbreaking” music. To everyone’s delight.

Orig. Gunners, instead of moving on, or just resting on their laurels, and making baby steps if they feel to, they are pretty much stuck. Except for Slash, he made it on his own, he is in the clear. Izzy made it on his own too, although I think he is highly underrated.

As for Duff, frankly I think he is wasting his time with Loaded. “Believe in Me” may not be the great or groundbreaking rnr album, or financially successful, but it’s solid and above everything -- very authentic. It’s 100% Duff you know. I hope he will release more solo material, and have Izzy, Slash & Axl as guests (in separate rooms if necessary ;-).

PS. BTW, NO ONE in the World (except Duff) will title the song “(F@*ked Up) Beyond Belief”, it’s hilarious.

PPS. Here is some groundbreaking stuff with Duff, and no one realised it at time! :lol: