Ever noticed that Axl only pulls out the "with your ass in the air" line when he's having an especially good night?

ITW 2012

Ever noticed that Axl only pulls out the "with your ass in the air" line when he's having an especially good night? I've seen the band 5 times and the only time he pulled it out was in Montreal. That just so happened to be the best Guns show I've seen, too. Axl was really in another gear that night.

Im not so sure I agree.

He didnt pull it out last night, but he was smiling all the way through (despite reporting a sore throat).

You could be right, but then, he didnt use at at Leeds either, and he was really giving it his all that night to prove a point after the Reading fiasco.

I compare it to an athlete on a great night. Jordan would usually score 30 points a night, but on nights when he was really on he'd score over 50. When Axl pulls that line out he's on a 50 point night. The first show in London was one of those nights.

Edited by ITW 2012

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

He did it pretty much every night in the 90's.

I guess he must have been a happier man back then, having the privilege of singing in the same band as Slash were playing in.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I compare it to an athlete on a great night. Jordan would usually score 30 points a night, but on nights when he was really on he'd score over 50. When Axl pulls that line out he's on a 50 point night. The first show in London was one of those nights.

So youre saying when he's in top form, he sings the line ?

We're not talking about his mood here then.

Hmm, might be right, who knows.

He was great at the London 2nd date too, so I don't see why it wouldnt have come out there if your theory were correct.

He was great at the London 2nd date too, so I don't see why it wouldnt have come out there if your theory were correct.

He was better on the first night.

Different era. He also rapped during Rocket Queen back then.

He did it pretty much every night in the 90's.

I guess he must have been a happier man back then, having the privilege of singing in the same band as Slash were playing in.

Are you purposely trying to act as sad as the axlites do, or is this natural?

Edited by chevelle

Wrong.

Didn't say it last night and he was in a GREAT mood!

but obviously not a 50 point mood.

30 is still pretty good.

(great analogy)

This also applies to WTTJ, where he sometimes adds: 'Oh god damn it' before 'I'm gonna watch you bleed'.

thats exactly what i was thinking. its like axl rose overdrive. i think its truer in this case.

oh god damnit makes its appearance when the place is coming down.

Edited by Jackie Moon