Rape, Violence, Fires, Murder.

American Psycho

Woodstock 1999, performed July 23-25, 1999

200,000 people attended the festival.

Woodstock '99 is remembered for media reports of violence, rape, fires, and an abrupt ending of the show.

THIS WOODSTOCK WAS LIVING HELL!

large_2009-07-26-woodstock-1.jpg

Some crowd violence and looting was reported during the Saturday night performance by Limp Bizkit, including a rendition of the song "Break Stuff". Reviewers of the concert criticized Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst as "irresponsible" for encouraging the crowd to destructive behavior.

Problems at the last Woodstock: Participants who had not brought sufficient food or water to the show had to buy from onsite vendors, whose merchandise was expensive (a single-serving pizza sold for $12, and 20-ounce bottles of water and soda for $4).

The number of toilets installed proved insufficient for the number of attendees. Within a short time, some facilities were unusable and overflowing. People stood in line to access the water fountains, until frustration compelled a few to break the pipes apart to provide water to those in the middle of the line; this in turn caused the creation of large mud pits.

After the Red Hot Chili Peppers were finished with their main set, the audience was informed about "a bit of a problem." An audio tower caught fire, and the fire department was called in to extinguish it.

''MTV, which had been providing live coverage, removed its entire crew. MTV host Kurt Loder described the scene in the July 27, 1999 issue of USA Today:

''It was dangerous to be around. The whole scene was scary. There were just waves of hatred bouncing around the place, It was clear we had to get out of there.... It was like a concentration camp. To get in, you get frisked to make sure you're not bringing in any water or food that would prevent you from buying from their outrageously priced booths. You wallow around in garbage and human waste. There was a palpable mood of anger.''

After some time, a large force of New York State Troopers, local police, and various other law enforcement arrived. Most had crowd control gear and proceeded to form a riot-line that flushed the crowd to the northwest, away from the stage located at the eastern end of the airfield. Few of the crowd offered strong resistance and they dispersed quickly back toward the campground and out the main entrance.

Police later reported that at least four rapes had occurred during the concert. Seven arrests were made on the final night of the concert and, afterward, police reviewed video footage, hoping to identify and hold accountable looters who, amid the chaos, had not been arrested. Approximately 12 trailers, a small bus and a number of booths and portable toilets were burned in the fray. Six people were injured

More than 700 state police officers gathered on-scene late that Sunday night to control the crowd. The response rivaled the scope of that at the 1971 Attica prison riots, when more than 1,000 state police and National Guardsman quelled the bloodiest prison uprising in U.S. history.

Performers:

July 23

Buckcherry

Bush

DMX

G. Love and Special Sauce

George Clinton & the P.Funk All-Stars

Insane Clown Posse

James Brown

Jamiroquai

KoЯn

Lit

Live

Moby

Moe.

Oleander

The Offspring

The Roots

Sheryl Crow

Sticky Pistil

The Umbilical Brothers

July 24

2 Skinnee J's

Alanis Morissette

Bruce Hornsby

The Chemical Brothers

Collective Soul

Counting Crows

Dave Matthews Band

Everclear

Fatboy Slim

Guster

Ice Cube

Kid Rock

Limp Bizkit

Los Lobos

Metallica

Mickey Hart/Planet Drum

Rage Against the Machine

The Tragically Hip

Wyclef Jean with the Refugee Allstars

July 25

Big Sugar

The Brian Setzer Orchestra

Creed featuring Robby Krieger

Elvis Costello

Everlast

Godsmack

Jewel

John Entwistle

Megadeth

Mike Ness

Muse

Our Lady Peace

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Reveille

Rusted Root

Sevendust

Willie Nelson

Music from Woodstock 1999 was released on a two-disc compact disc set, Woodstock 1999. The album features 32 performing artists, and was released on Epic Records in October 1999.

A DVD of concert highlights, also entitled Woodstock 1999 was released in March 2000. It features one song each from 28 of the participating acts.

I thought the whole thing was overpriced, and had seen most of the bands by then, and the ones I didn't, I had no interest in. Thankfullly Coachella came around, because it's led to all the other festival concerts that have come up over the past decade, and seem to be run better. But can't they just give people free water at these shows??? The amount people pay to see a festival show, is it that difficult to provide a clean toilet and drinking water and write the cost into the ticket?

The night of the Tila Tequila attack, Tom Green was also there doing some comedy. He walked around the Gathering of the Juggalos and I could smell them through the computer monitor when I went to his site and watched him interviewing them.

Which now leads to this question. Did Axl Rose drink Faygo when he was growing up in Lafayette?

Mosh pits used to be kind of violent, but when kids that played football in high school started getting into it, it became a whole other animal.

The rapes - there's a difference between a few thousand people where security can see what's going on, and maybe a girl gets her boobs grabbed, but a large festival crowd over 100K, and I'm sure some of you have seen it, people will have sex on in the mud at those shows, they're high and don't even care what's going on around them.

Been to enough shows - some people die when crowds get pushed, sexual assaults in the parking lots because the girl's f-ed up and doesn't know what's going on, overdoses, stabbings, shootings, etc.

There's a lot of myth about the original Woodstock. People prob. behaved because none of the shows started on time, a couple of nights they played all night and people were crashed out sleeping through some of it, and people had to get along, and thankfully the cops were there to assist and not to bust. Most of the performers said it was memorable for the crowd, but felt their playing was off or completely sucked. Even if I was around back in the late 60s, I prob. wouldn't have sat around for 3 days in a field, instead going to a theater and seeing most of those bands for a couple of bucks...

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Just by reading the title of the topic, the word immigrant comes to my mind. I wonder why?

:lol:

Subtle. You're really a piece of shit.

I try my best.

:heart:

I thought the whole thing was overpriced, and had seen most of the bands by then, and the ones I didn't, I had no interest in. Thankfullly Coachella came around, because it's led to all the other festival concerts that have come up over the past decade, and seem to be run better. But can't they just give people free water at these shows??? The amount people pay to see a festival show, is it that difficult to provide a clean toilet and drinking water and write the cost into the ticket?

The night of the Tila Tequila attack, Tom Green was also there doing some comedy. He walked around the Gathering of the Juggalos and I could smell them through the computer monitor when I went to his site and watched him interviewing them.

Which now leads to this question. Did Axl Rose drink Faygo when he was growing up in Lafayette?

Mosh pits used to be kind of violent, but when kids that played football in high school started getting into it, it became a whole other animal.

The rapes - there's a difference between a few thousand people where security can see what's going on, and maybe a girl gets her boobs grabbed, but a large festival crowd over 100K, and I'm sure some of you have seen it, people will have sex on in the mud at those shows, they're high and don't even care what's going on around them.

Been to enough shows - some people die when crowds get pushed, sexual assaults in the parking lots because the girl's f-ed up and doesn't know what's going on, overdoses, stabbings, shootings, etc.

There's a lot of myth about the original Woodstock. People prob. behaved because none of the shows started on time, a couple of nights they played all night and people were crashed out sleeping through some of it, and people had to get along, and thankfully the cops were there to assist and not to bust. Most of the performers said it was memorable for the crowd, but felt their playing was off or completely sucked. Even if I was around back in the late 60s, I prob. wouldn't have sat around for 3 days in a field, instead going to a theater and seeing most of those bands for a couple of bucks...

Do you ramble on like this in every thread you post in?

Do you ramble on like this in every thread you post in?

Yes. And?