Is there a time line for the CD songs?

Stro

As in when they were written/recorded. The vocals on the re-recorded SCOM sound just like the Madagascar vocals which leads me to believe that it was originally recorded at the same time as the first set of leaks. But that got me to thinking about the rest of them. What was the last song recorded? And when was it? Were all the songs done by 2004 when Bucket left?

This I Love - mentioned in 1994/1999

There Was A Time, I.R.S., Catcher - mentioned in 1999, leaked in 2006

Chinese Democracy - mentioned in 2000, played in 2001

Riad, The Blues, Madagascar - played in 2001

Better - leaked in 2006

Sorry - mentioned in 2007

If The World, Prostitute - leaked in 2008

Shackler's Revenge - leaked in 2008

Scraped - mentioned in 2008 (as Lies They Tell)

Since they all have Buckethead on guitars, probably all from 1999-2002 (except This I Love)

Edited by marlon_brando15

There are leaks of Better, TWAT, I.R.S. and Catcher from 1999. CD, Riad, Streed Of Dreams, Madagascar were all played in 2001 (As was silkworms), so those were all written 2000 at the latest. This I Love was mentioned in an interview with Axl from 1993.

I'm trying to pin down when vocals were done. I think the finished versions of I.R.S., Catcher, and TWAT have the same vocals as the demos. The CD vocals sound like they were re-done in 2006, Madagascar sounds like the Live Era re-recorded voice, Sorry sounds like 2006ish, Prostitute is pretty much the 2001/02 voice. Scraped, Riad, and Shackler's sound like 2006 era as well to my ears.

I'm trying to pin down when vocals were done. I think the finished versions of I.R.S., Catcher, and TWAT have the same vocals as the demos. The CD vocals sound like they were re-done in 2006, Madagascar sounds like the Live Era re-recorded voice, Sorry sounds like 2006ish, Prostitute is pretty much the 2001/02 voice. Scraped, Riad, and Shackler's sound like 2006 era as well to my ears.

As of 1997, there were NO vocals. Everyone who was involved with the band in 1995-1997, including Moby and Zakk Wylde, has commented that there were no vocals recorded. In 1999, Brian May said there were over 2 albums worth of just vocals.

There was a snippet of the studio version of Madagascar put on a tour commercial for the '02 tour, and it had the same vocals as the album version. So Maddy's vocals definitely predate 2002.

As of 1997, there were NO vocals. Everyone who was involved with the band in 1995-1997, including Moby and Zakk Wylde, has commented that there were no vocals recorded. In 1999, Brian May said there were over 2 albums worth of just vocals.

There was a snippet of the studio version of Madagascar put on a tour commercial for the '02 tour, and it had the same vocals as the album version. So Maddy's vocals definitely predate 2002.

Where Brian said that, I would love to read it please! And the reason for most songs have the same vocals from the early versions is that the vocals were provavly already good enough. And Chinese Democracy 06 has a different vocal then Chinese Democracy 08, imagine the even earlier versions.

Where Brian said that, I would love to read it please! And the reason for most songs have the same vocals from the early versions is that the vocals were provavly already good enough. And Chinese Democracy 06 has a different vocal then Chinese Democracy 08, imagine the even earlier versions.

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5059

Read this. It's a year by year breakdown of the history of Chinese D from 1993 forward based on old interviews, articles, magazines, etc.