Richard Fortus leaving Los Angelus

axl666

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against Richard Fortus personally, but Guns N' Roses don't need him.

Seriously, DJ Ashba and Bumblehead could manage the songs quite easily and three guitars are just too much.

Richard Fortus is embarassing because it is obvious he tries too hard on stage. I cringe everytime I see him try to thrash a guitar.

Oh god fuck yourself with a cucumber... Richard is an awesome guitar player, adds a ton of energy to the live show, and just plain rocks...

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

LOL @ people arguing which new GNR player is better!

I don't get what's funny. It's pretty obvious that there are differences between each of the three guitarists in the band that make it debatable.

Wtf?? What's with all the hate?? The guy got married and wants to be closer to family. This has nothing to do with him leaving GN'R. It's not like Axl isn't in New York all the time... they've got these things called "planes" now. Plenty of bands have members living all over the country. When recording or touring, they meet up. Yeesh.

Seriously, DJ Ashba and Bumblehead could manage the songs quite easily and three guitars are just too much.

Richard Fortus is embarassing because it is obvious he tries too hard on stage. I cringe everytime I see him try to thrash a guitar.

Oh god fuck yourself with a cucumber... Richard is an awesome guitar player, adds a ton of energy to the live show, and just plain rocks...

I don't get what's funny. It's pretty obvious that there are differences between each of the three guitarists in the band that make it debatable.

Not.

you can just be kidding!!!

Forus is the BEST guitarist of the band, regarding tecnique, speed, stage presence, style, charisma...

Seriously, if he leaves (after bucket and robin) my relationship with this band will be weaker than ever...

Not.

Well shit. Thanks for proving me wrong, bro.

I never would've seen my error without your incredibly informative reply.

Wtf?? What's with all the hate?? The guy got married and wants to be closer to family. This has nothing to do with him leaving GN'R. It's not like Axl isn't in New York all the time... they've got these things called "planes" now. Plenty of bands have members living all over the country. When recording or touring, they meet up. Yeesh.

If it's for the wife and kids, maybe he prefers the creature comforts of St. Louis and has no reason to live in LA (Hard to believe? Live there for a few years!) but usually when I read that, I assumed someone in the family's not doing well. But it's only a 3 hour plane ride away.

Judge Judy commutes to the TV show every week, and lives in NY.

Kid Rock went back to Detroit to raise his kid there, and I think he had said it had to do with how the kids treated his son (his son is mixed race, I'm assuming there's a lot of underlying racism amongst the community behind closed doors, and even if the adults don't say it, out of the mouths of babes is the ugly truth.).

But in the case of GNR, if they're working songs out together, then he'd have to be there for that. But if he's just recording his part, he could do that from home, and either Fed Ex it out or the engineer's going to be uploading it. Or he might come in for a few days, play his parts, and be on the plane back home.

Most musicians have their in-house recording studio to lay down their part, or will go to a recording studio in the area.

A band can be in 5 parts of the world and work on it from home. The problem is that there's no physical interaction. But for some people, that's fine. The Eagles did not go into the studio together to put their last CD out. They all had different commitments and when they had the time to go into the studio, they did their part. They all live in different parts of the country.

Not.

Well shit. Thanks for proving me wrong, bro.

I never would've seen my error without your incredibly informative reply.

You're trying to compare three different guitarists. It's like comparing Messi with Michael Jackson. Can't you talk about something else ?? I can't stand this. It's always this same shit. Slash, Buckethead, Ron, Fortus, DJ, they are all different, they have their own style.

'The musician is selling because he has moved to St. Louis to be close to family.'

I simply read it as, he feels more at home on St. Louis

..as a hired hand, does it mean he is no longer hired, atleast for the moment?

Is the GN'R tour over?

'The musician is selling because he has moved to St. Louis to be close to family.'

Is the GN'R tour over?

Nope. They're taking what is usually referred to as a break.

Is the GN'R tour over?

Nope. They're taking what is usually referred to as a break.

That's a bit more than a break, selling up and moving to a location 3 hours flight away.

Why leave the TV behind?

Why do people constantly hate on members of this band? If it's not Richard, it's DJ etc. You always find someone to bitch about. The band is amazing as it is now and that is because of ALL the members. Take one out and it won't be the same anymore. They all contribute to this band in their own way.

It's pretty pathetic isn't it?

I've come to the conclusion that even if the original line up were to reunite, these fucks would still find something to complain about, like Axl's mustache :rolleyes:

Why do people constantly hate on members of this band? If it's not Richard, it's DJ etc. You always find someone to bitch about. The band is amazing as it is now and that is because of ALL the members. Take one out and it won't be the same anymore. They all contribute to this band in their own way.

I've come to the conclusion that even if the original line up were to reunite, these fucks would still find something to complain about, like Axl's mustache :rolleyes:

Exactly! They will always find something to complain about. Axl can't win, can he?

I don't think this really matters. If I'm not mistaken, Frank and Ron live in NJ / NYC, and Tommy in either Minneapolis or Philadelphia (can't remember which). Those guys find away to fly out and rehearse or meet, when necessary. They're not all 24-25 yrs old anymore living in garage space with hookers everywhere. They've got lives outside of the band and they're professionals, when its time to get some work done, I'm sure they'll all be there ready to contribute. If Axl wants to have a few band members over for Halloween, I'm sure DJ, Dizzy, and perhaps Pitman will come over. I think they're all somewhat local.

Nah, the speculation and complaints would all be about Slash's and Adler's status, salaries, perks and rights as returning members :tongue2:

Nice place not sure on some choices though....

Pictures

If you actualy went looking for that, then I'm slightly creeped out to be honest.

Well I didn't drive there to see it just wondering what you get for 550k

You should be more creeped out if I would make a little DJ Ashba doll...........

Edited by The Grape