Slash on Eddie Trunk right now talking about Duff/Axl reunion

Cockaroachsoup80

:rofl-lol:

They won't even come close to the 'old' GN'R...

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

That guy from Indiana does...forgot his name...guy with the microphone?

Ok let's put it in perspective:

If all the members of U2 would leave expect Bono, and Bono would hire some (unknown) musicians to play with him the old songs under the U2 name: would you than call it U2?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very simple regarding to a reunion:

Every old member of GN'R has said in the past that they are willing to do a reunion tour, but only on the condition that there won't be any late starts and that everybody will be equally threated. It simply depends on only one person, and that is Axl.

Edited by saulhudson88

Every old member of GN'R has said in the past that they are willing to do a reunion tour, but only on the condition that there won't be any late starts and that everybody will be equally threated. It simply depends on only one person, and that is Axl.

And he doesn't want to, I think that much is pretty clear. Sigh oh well?

A quick summary of what Slash has said when all this is done would be appreciated :), I can give it a good guess though.

Does anyone know if Slash made a comment about Duff's appearance with Axl?

:rofl-lol: Yes the thread title doesn't really match the OP does it...

No it doesn't! And as usual the thread is quickly turning into another debate session.

And he wants to do it, I think that much is pretty clear. Sigh oh well?

A quick summary of what Slash has said when all this is done would be appreciated :), I can give it a good guess though.

but his ego stands in the way

As much talented as they might be, we're talking about Guns N' Roses, not Axl and friends.

No actually, you wanna check the register.

Or even wikipedia.

The current line-up is Guns N' Roses. The old line-up were Guns N' Roses.

Good one.

A 'reunion' at this point would be just like like Sabbath minus Ozzy touring with Dio, which would be a good thing - two lineups for the price of one.

I don't see how Axl would turn around and shaft the new lineup that stood by him when he needed them, just because some nostalgic, die-hard, classic lineup purists feel entitled to it.

Edited by The Archer

Axl doesnt want a reunion because hes doing just fine the way things are

every few years he hires a new guitar player and goes on the road to pay the bills

these guys are at his beckon call...............and if theyre not he employs someone else who is

no nonsense about equal partnership or musical integrity or what direction to go in

he calls the shots, writes the checks, and they follow along, no hassles

its the perfect scenario, why bother changing what works for him

:rofl-lol:

They won't even come close to the 'old' GN'R...

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

That guy from Indiana does...forgot his name...guy with the microphone?

If all the members of U2 would leave expect Bono, and Bono would hire some (unknown) musicians to play with him the old songs under the U2 name: would you than call it U2?

If Bono was the frst member and held the rights to the name and the others joined subsequently and left him one by one, to be replaced one by one, well yeah, yes.

I know it's paraphrasing, but he comes across very 'must do this, can't do that'. Sounds very 'shut up and sing' to me. Maybe I'll think differently when I've heard t all.

Paraphrasing or not I am curious as to how you come up with that Orsys from what has been quoted?

Slash and Axl had their differences where Slash was not happy with going on late and how Axl treated him and the others like employees as time went on. But the others also had similar issues with Axl which is why Izzy and Duff quit the band.

Sounds to me like Slash is just stating some of his issues that he feels needs to be resolved before he would consider an reunion...seems fair enough to me........According to Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven in past interviews Axl was the one who wanted complete control of everything and wanted the others to basically be his employees so you should consider that before painting Slash as dictating to Axl......

From Slash's interviews on the subject it seems pretty evident that Axl would have to change his behavior, not going on late and treating the others as equals, before Slash would consider a reunion.....Maybe it is just me but they don't seem like unreasonable requests on Slash's part......... Since I doubt Axl would be willing to compromise, i.e. his need to control everything, I would not hold my breath for a reunion anytime soon..........

Wow, you're throwing a bunch of stuff in there. I'm not. I thought this thread was about the interview. And all I think I said was that I felt Slash was coming across 'must do this, can't do that' if a reunion is to happen as in "We need clean up the personal stuff" "We have to do it different than 91, 92" in the paraphrased paragraph. And I could see that as sort of dictating and 'shut up and sing'. And I think the "shut up and sing" attitude has figured into their history a lot. Just because I had this opinion doesn't mean I hate Slash you know. He might be justified in this opinion, but it does factor in. And like I also said I know it was paraphrased (i.e. NOT quoted) and I might feel differently when I've heard it all.

In the end it all comes down to one thing, from the different interviews I've heard Slash give. Slash says Axl has to get on stage on time. Axl says he'll come on whenever he's ready. Game over.

I wouldn't care. I would call it what they want me to call it becuase it's just a label. But if the music they created sucked, I would move on. And if I liked it I would continue to support the band whatever the label read.

And each person has to make that same decision, it can't be made for them. And it looks like LOTS of people still recognize the GnR label today as applying to Axl, BBF, DJ, Richard, Frank, Dizzy,Tommy...

Good one.

A 'reunion' at this point would be just like like Sabbath minus Ozzy touring with Dio, which would be a good thing - two lineups for the price of one.

I don't see how Axl would turn around and shaft the new lineup that stood by him when he needed them, just because some nostalgic, die-hard, classic lineup purists feel entitled to it.

Yeah, I just don't get how this reunion would work. Is it the AFD reunion? So just playing the album? Or is it AFD/UYI? So at some point do they say "Steven off, Matt, you're up?" Yeah Steven's going for that. Or is it GnR in general and so at some point all leave and the 2001 lineup comes up so we never actually see the latest lineup except Axl play, the ones that have made this tour successful?

As long as they promote it as a Shakespearean play, it should work.

is Izzy up for the reunion? Never hear much from him.

He never really says much but I think he's the type of bloke who enjoys just appearing on occasiion to jam on a few songs. He's not reallly into working with frontmen full time. He just seems to enjoy doing his own thing.

Steven Adler has spoken frequently lately of his desire for a reunion of the original GN'R. Tell me what you think of that and how your relationship with Steven is at the present.

Izzy: “Steven lives a very confused life."

But if it were to occur, you would consider the possibility of a reunion?

Izzy: “Yes, of course. I wrote great deal of that material."

http://elsewhere/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

Good one.

Yeah, I just don't get how this reunion would work. Is it the AFD reunion? So just playing the album? Or is it AFD/UYI? So at some point do they say "Steven off, Matt, you're up?" Yeah Steven's going for that. Or is it GnR in general and so at some point all leave and the 2001 lineup comes up so we never actually see the latest lineup except Axl play, the ones that have made this tour successful?

As long as they promote it as a Shakespearean play, it should work.

I think it would have to be the AFD line-up, with YCBM, November Rain and Don't Cry thrown in. No need for Matt Sorum.

There wouldn't be any Chinese Democracy songs performed. Slash is hardly going to agree to that.

This is why I don't see a reunion happening. It'd be too complicated, especially for Axl. It'd be like Axl saying "yeah, you're right, the current band ISN'T the real Guns N Roses."

How would Axl even do it? One tour with the old band and then go back to Bumblefoot and Tommy and co? Or would he just ditch the guys who've stood by him for the past 10 years?

Edited by Towelie

is Izzy up for the reunion? Never hear much from him.

He never really says much but I think he's the type of bloke who enjoys just appearing on occasiion to jam on a few songs. He's not reallly into working with frontmen full time. He just seems to enjoy doing his own thing.

Steven Adler has spoken frequently lately of his desire for a reunion of the original GN'R. Tell me what you think of that and how your relationship with Steven is at the present.

Izzy: “Steven lives a very confused life."

But if it were to occur, you would consider the possibility of a reunion?

Izzy: “Yes, of course. I wrote great deal of that material."

http://elsewhere/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

Why is the Chinese Democracy blog filtered now? More censorship from the band?

How would Axl even do it? One tour with the old band and then go back to Bumblefoot and Tommy and co? Or would he just ditch the guys who've stood by him for the past 10 years?

I doubt they'd wait around. I think it's one lineup or the other, not both.

You can't have a reunion for a group that still exists. They would need to say they were having an AFD reunion, or a UYI reunion.

Anyway, where did Slash even mention the Duff/Axl reunion?

Edited by Orsys

You can't have a reunion for a group that still exists. They would need to say they were having an AFD reunion, or a UYI reunion.

Guns N' Roses for 96%ish of fans doesn't exist anymore.

They should reunite for like 10 shows and then Axl should stay with this current band and release whatever he has left as "Axl Rose" solo projects or under a new band name.

It's the only way Axl can gain respect in the industry/among music fans.

Where did that stat come from?

Where did that stat come from?

Just guessing. :ph34r: