Slash on Eddie Trunk right now talking about Duff/Axl reunion

Cockaroachsoup80

Just guessing. :ph34r:

good guess

majority of people who actually waste their time on forums didicated to the band feel the same............... numerous polls over the years prove this sentiment

imagine what people in the real world think

and yea people can actually think for themselves thats the beauty of it

just because Axl says its Guns N Roses doenst mean it is

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148573

On Duff McKagan joining GUNS N' ROSES on stage on October 21 at London, England's O2 arena:

Slash: "It was cool. I got an e-mail from Duff going, 'I'm checked into a hotel and Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] is in the room next to me.' And that's how it all started. And he just sort of kept me posted through the day and at one point he said he was going down to the venue with Axl. And I was, like, 'Wow!' 'Cause a lot of years have gone by. And so then the next one was that he was gonna be going on stage or something. And so he went and they did, like, I think it was five or six songs. So it was cool. And then the next day he told me it was great, everything was very cool, they went out and had dinner, and so they had that sort of, whatever, rekindling kind of thing. All things considered, the only thing I said about it was that... 'cause I know that they still ended up going on an hour late. And I was, like, 'Oooh.' That's the only part that would have left a bad taste in my mouth, supporting that."

On why he (Slash) seems to be the only member of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup that Axl is not "cool" with:

Slash: "I think there's some deep-seeded stuff there. And it really can only come down to what was going on at the time when I finally said, 'I've gotta go.' And I think there was a certain sense of abandonment there. So it probably stems from that. And then even though I try to keep a politically correct tongue in this situation, I have at times really spoken my mind about the situation, especially when VELVET REVOLVER's first record came out, I was inundated with all this press and that was all that they wanted to ask about, and my first gut reaction was venting. So there was a lot of negativity that was sort of expressed then and has since been perpetuated by the media on a regular basis. So there's a certain kind of tension that just hangs in there."

On whether he would ever consider taking part in a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup:

Slash: "It's been a long time. So, all things considered, if he [Axl] really decided he wanted to do it and the other guys all wanted to do it... I mean, I know everybody's around, but there has been no conversation, like, 'Let's get the band back together.' If everybody wanted to do it and it was very clear amongst us, which means we would have to clean up some personal stuff, which we haven't even begun that. So then the biggest and most important part of it was... 'cause it seems like it would be a lot of fun to do, just go back out there, and it seems like a relatively simple idea and there's a ton of fans out there that would love to see it. It'd be cool. But we'd have to do things way differently than we did in '91, '92, '93 and whatever... And I don't think that's changeable. That whole production would have to tighten up and be like a real working band, and I don't think that's salvageable."

I know it's paraphrasing, but he comes across very 'must do this, can't do that'. Sounds very 'shut up and sing' to me. Maybe I'll think differently when I've heard t all.

Paraphrasing or not I am curious as to how you come up with that Orsys from what has been quoted?

Slash and Axl had their differences where Slash was not happy with going on late and how Axl treated him and the others like employees as time went on. But the others also had similar issues with Axl which is why Izzy and Duff quit the band.

Sounds to me like Slash is just stating some of his issues that he feels needs to be resolved before he would consider an reunion...seems fair enough to me........According to Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven in past interviews Axl was the one who wanted complete control of everything and wanted the others to basically be his employees so you should consider that before painting Slash as dictating to Axl......

From Slash's interviews on the subject it seems pretty evident that Axl would have to change his behavior, not going on late and treating the others as equals, before Slash would consider a reunion.....Maybe it is just me but they don't seem like unreasonable requests on Slash's part......... Since I doubt Axl would be willing to compromise, i.e. his need to control everything, I would not hold my breath for a reunion anytime soon..........

Wow, you're throwing a bunch of stuff in there. I'm not. I thought this thread was about the interview. And all I think I said was that I felt Slash was coming across 'must do this, can't do that' if a reunion is to happen as in "We need clean up the personal stuff" "We have to do it different than 91, 92" in the paraphrased paragraph. And I could see that as sort of dictating and 'shut up and sing'. And I think the "shut up and sing" attitude has figured into their history a lot. Just because I had this opinion doesn't mean I hate Slash you know. He might be justified in this opinion, but it does factor in. And like I also said I know it was paraphrased (i.e. NOT quoted) and I might feel differently when I've heard it all.

In the end it all comes down to one thing, from the different interviews I've heard Slash give. Slash says Axl has to get on stage on time. Axl says he'll come on whenever he's ready. Game over.

Never said you hated Slash Orsys, I just think your paraphrasing is a little exaggerated and reading things into Slash's words he never said....... Slash never said "shut up and sing", as if implying everything had to be his way, he is only asking for some common courtesies.

Don't know why everyone finds Slash's new interview so surprising as it is the same thing he has been saying for at least the last 10years since Axl came out of hibernation in 2001 and the reunion questoins started coming up.

1. He is open to a reunion

2. He and Axl have personal issues that would have to be resolved before he would consider a reunion.

3. They are the same issues that led to his quiting the band, i.e. Axl going onto stage late, treating the others as employees as opposed to the equals they were in the AFD band.

All of the above are related to how Axl acted during the UYI tours, coming on late, treating the others like employees instead of equal partners, and wanting to control everything.

These are the same issues other band members have mentioned in past interviews so it is not only Slash who had problems with this facet of Axl's behavior.

Every ex member of the band has stated in past interviews that if things were not done Axl's way he would not cooperate and things would not get done..

If a reunion is going to happen Axl would have to get on stage on time and be more compromising with the others. Does anyone think these are unreasonable things for Axl to do?

Personally I don't think there will ever be a reunion unless the others are willing to give Axl something in return, like their publishing rights or NuGnR tanks and Axl needs money because I don't see him changing his behavior just for a reunion.........

Exhausting. I didn't say I was paraphrasing. I was basing my comment on cockroaches OP in which he said he was paraphrasing the interview, not quoting. I didn't make up the 'shut up and sing' thing. It predates this conversation. I was limiting my comment to one paragraph alone, not the history of GnR.

Let's just say you're right and leave it there, okay?

At any rate, link to more of the intervew...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148573&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29&utm_content=Twitter

Edited by Orsys

Got this off of HTGTH Funky Monkey posted

SLASH Talks About DUFF MCKAGAN's Jam With GUNS N' ROSES, Possibility Of Classic Lineup Reunion - Oct. 30, 2010

Legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) was the featured guest on last night's (Friday, October 29) edition of Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow below (transcribed and edited for clarity by BLABBERMOUTH.NET):

On AEROSMITH's Steven Tyler signing on as a judge on "American Idol"

Slash: "It's really sort of disappointing to me that he's gone and done that, for whatever reason — a lot of it having to do with [that fact that] I just know the guy and the other guys in the band are bummed out and they've had a really rocky road for awhile. And then just because 'American Idol' is what it is, so it's hard for me to put the thing together."

On Duff McKagan joining GUNS N' ROSES on stage on October 21 at London, England's O2 arena:

Slash: "It was cool. I got an e-mail from Duff going, 'I'm checked into a hotel and Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer] is in the room next to me.' And that's how it all started. And he just sort of kept me posted through the day and at one point he said he was going down to the venue with Axl. And I was, like, 'Wow!' 'Cause a lot of years have gone by. And so then the next one was that he was gonna be going on stage or something. And so he went and they did, like, I think it was five or six songs. So it was cool. And then the next day he told me it was great, everything was very cool, they went out and had dinner, and so they had that sort of, whatever, rekindling kind of thing. All things considered, the only thing I said about it was that... 'cause I know that they still ended up going on an hour late. And I was, like, 'Oooh.' That's the only part that would have left a bad taste in my mouth, supporting that."

On why he (Slash) seems to be the only member of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup that Axl is not "cool" with:

Slash: "I think there's some deep-seeded stuff there. And it really can only come down to what was going on at the time when I finally said, 'I've gotta go.' And I think there was a certain sense of abandonment there. So it probably stems from that. And then even though I try to keep a politically correct tongue in this situation, I have at times really spoken my mind about the situation, especially when VELVET REVOLVER's first record came out, I was inundated with all this press and that was all that they wanted to ask about, and my first gut reaction was venting. So there was a lot of negativity that was sort of expressed then and has since been perpetuated by the media on a regular basis. So there's a certain kind of tension that just hangs in there."

On whether he would ever consider taking part in a reunion of the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup:

Slash: "It's been a long time. So, all things considered, if he [Axl] really decided he wanted to do it and the other guys all wanted to do it... I mean, I know everybody's around, but there has been no conversation, like, 'Let's get the band back together.' If everybody wanted to do it and it was very clear amongst us, which means we would have to clean up some personal stuff, which we haven't even begun that. So then the biggest and most important part of it was... 'cause it seems like it would be a lot of fun to do, just go back out there, and it seems like a relatively simple idea and there's a ton of fans out there that would love to see it. It'd be cool. But we'd have to do things way differently than we did in '91, '92, '93 and whatever... And I don't think that's changeable. That whole production would have to tighten up and be like a real working band, and I don't think that's salvageable."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148573

Edited by sleeper

You know I love Slash and all, and overall the comments were on point, but this part...

All things considered, the only thing I said about it was that... 'cause I know that they still ended up going on an hour late. And I was, like, 'Oooh.' That's the only part that would have left a bad taste in my mouth, supporting that."

...seemed a bit, I dunno...bitter?

Everyone's going to keep asking Slash about when GNR are getting back together.

They'll clean up the personal stuff, that's just a matter of seeing each other and saying hi. But the business stuff he mentions? That is what would prevent the reunion.

Exactly. Slash wants Axl to give up control of the name and for it to be a real band again, but that simply will not happen. The only way a reunion will happen is if Slash agrees to be Axl's employee. Not a chance in hell of that ever happening. The only realistic chance we have is a one-off where no money is at stake, such as the Hall of Fame induction. I'd be fine with that. Pink Floyd did a one-off and it was probably the greatest live performance ever. They absolutely knocked it out of the park on a handful of songs and then just let it be. They didn't go on Tour despite an insane amount of money being thrown at them.

It's very simple regarding to a reunion:

Every old member of GN'R has said in the past that they are willing to do a reunion tour, but only on the condition that there won't be any late starts and that everybody will be equally threated. It simply depends on only one person, and that is Axl.

When did Axl say it?

Adler would do it whatever time they start haha

You know I love Slash and all, and overall the comments were on point, but this part...

All things considered, the only thing I said about it was that... 'cause I know that they still ended up going on an hour late. And I was, like, 'Oooh.' That's the only part that would have left a bad taste in my mouth, supporting that."

No, he was just being an ass there. On purpose. It's all so subtle. When it comes to Axl, he just can't ever accept any blame. Even the 'coming on late' part seems a relic from when he wanted to toss all the blame he could at Axl and highlight Axl's faults without apportioning any part of the blame for what went wrong, for himself. Just plain habit.

Even in this interview, when you sense that he really wants to own up to some of the things that were his fault, there's a part of him holding himself back and he can't come out and admit 100% blame for anything. Any wrong that he admits to, is half covered up or hedged.

That's because for years, he's conveniently portrayed everything as Axl's fault. If he and Axl do ever talk and he says stuff like "...And I think there was a certain sense of abandonment there" instead of simply saying ' I'm sorry man, I bailed out on you ' or, "there was a lot of negativity that was sort of expressed then and has since been perpetuated by the media on a regular basis" instead of saying " I said bad things about you which I should never have said and the image of you that's been wrongly perpetuated by the media owes a lot to what I fed them and i'm sorry" there's no way in hell, any get-together for even a one-off show is ever going to happen.

Long odds.

Edited by The Archer

No, he was just being an ass there. On purpose. It's all so subtle. When it comes to Axl, he just can't ever accept any blame. Even the 'coming on late' part seems a relic from when he wanted to toss all the blame he could at Axl and highlight Axl's faults without apportioning any part of the blame for what went wrong, for himself. Just plain habit.

Even in this interview, when you sense that he really wants to own up to some of the things that were his fault, there's a part of him holding himself back and he can't come out and admit 100% blame for anything. Any wrong that he admits to, is half covered up or hedged.

That's because for years, he's conveniently portrayed everything as Axl's fault. If he and Axl do ever talk and he says stuff like "...And I think there was a certain sense of abandonment there" instead of simply saying ' I'm sorry man, I bailed out on you ' or, "there was a lot of negativity that was sort of expressed then and has since been perpetuated by the media on a regular basis" instead of saying " I said bad things about you which I should never have said and the image of you that's been wrongly perpetuated by the media owes a lot to what I fed them and i'm sorry" there's no way in hell, any get-together for even a one-off show is ever going to happen.

Long odds.

I forget the quotes where Axl has taken blame for anything.

Can you point me in the right direction?

I agree with that. I want a reunion more than anyone. I've seen the new GNR and it is not enough for me. But Slash shut the fuck up about going on late. When he goes on an hour late every night, you take the time your supposed to go on and add 1 hour. It is not rocket science. If the venue says GNR is going on at 10 PM and you have your guitar strapped on ready to go on at 10, you are clueless.

No he is not clueless thats the he wants it and it is not debateable to him. From your point of view someone should force Axl out of the gate on time every night. That is not debateable to Axl he goes on stage when he wants to. Slash says it in the last sentence. It is not salvageable

Edited by sleeper

I agree with that. I want a reunion more than anyone. I've seen the new GNR and it is not enough for me. But Slash shut the fuck up about going on late. When he goes on an hour late every night, you take the time your supposed to go on and add 1 hour. It is not rocket science. If the venue says GNR is going on at 10 PM and you have your guitar strapped on ready to go on at 10, you are clueless.

It's a big deal. I think we shouldn't downplay that at all.

What I hate more than anything is WAITING and when others have no problem with WASTING YOUR TIME.

Being in the military and being in a relationship with a woman who doesn't care about being on time, and doesn't mind wasting mine, makes me definitely understand were he is coming from.

As much as SLash say he hates Axl going on stage late, the longer Axl won't reunite with him. Reason being is because that's how he is, and you can't change that.He doesn't arrive 3 hours late like he did before. He won't change for Slash's standards. Duff had fun on stage, appreicates Axl's band and had dinner with him afterwards, yes I think Slash is bitter. He knows how much he has put Axl down and made him like the bad guy that he'll have to drug Axl to perform with him on stage. Even if Slash was in the same hotel with Axl, there probably be a war of words or a fight rather than freindly hug and performance together.

And he talk's about Stven Tyler being on American Idol being disappointing. How about playing a instrumental of Axl's song November Rain alongside two no talent autone's T-Pain and Jamie Foxx. That was disappointing.

The problem with your theory is you never know when Axl is going to be ready to go on stage. So how is Slash supposed to know when to get ready?...Should he allow an hour extra? two hours extra? Every other band in the world can get on stage on time SoB it is called being professional and being considerate to your fans and bandmates...How about turning it around on Axl and saying to him if you know you need extra time to get ready get top the fucking arena 2 hours earlier? that would seem to make more sense yes?

I don't get how you can even defend Axl's behavior? I know you want a reunion badly but come on how is it Slash's fault Axl won't get on stage on time?

It's not Slash's fault. It is appropriate that he be frustrated by it and decide not to do a reunion if there is no guarantee of Axl's promptness. I don't blame him a bit.

I think it's that Slash won't shutup about it. Give a 'no comment' or something. Every time I hear him with these little snipes against Axl (fair or not) I hear another nail going into the reunion coffin. He has expressed interest in a reunion, at least some shows. He has admitted that he has been negative in the press against Axl. So maybe now he could lighten up and say nothing. I know the press hounds him, but none of them have put a gun to his head to date.

And he talk's about Stven Tyler being on American Idol being disappointing. How about playing a instrumental of Axl's song November Rain alongside two no talent autone's T-Pain and Jamie Foxx. That was disappointing.

Yeah, that one stumped me. He performed on AI, has performed with many outside of whatever his main band was at the time.

Where was he coming from with that one?

Edited by Orsys

In any negotiation, both sides have to bend. If waiting an hour or so extra every night is all Slash has to put up with? Well then he needs to fucking DEAL and man up. That's a small price to pay for something this epic.

I agree, those n*gg*s shouldn't on stage with slash. they should be playing basketball or something.

Larry Bird says you're a fucking idiot and I say you should be banned for that shit.

Long odds.

Slash's inconsistency and poorly attempted backtracking give enough pointers as to how much blame Axl should own up to. Go figure.

Long odds.

Slash's inconsistency and poorly attempted backtracking give enough pointers as to how much blame Axl should own up to. Go figure.

Whose talking about Slash.

What about former managers, girlfriends, other bandmates, record label executives, the dublin crowd, etc.

When has axl ever taken blame...please show me man

:rofl-lol:

They won't even come close to the 'old' GN'R...

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

That guy from Indiana does...forgot his name...guy with the microphone?

Ok let's put it in perspective:

If all the members of U2 would leave expect Bono, and Bono would hire some (unknown) musicians to play with him the old songs under the U2 name: would you than call it U2?

If Bono was the frst member and held the rights to the name and the others joined subsequently and left him one by one, to be replaced one by one, well yeah, yes.

You're just kidding, aren't you....?

:rofl-lol:

They won't even come close to the 'old' GN'R...

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

That guy from Indiana does...forgot his name...guy with the microphone?

Ok let's put it in perspective:

If all the members of U2 would leave expect Bono, and Bono would hire some (unknown) musicians to play with him the old songs under the U2 name: would you than call it U2?

If Bono was the frst member and held the rights to the name and the others joined subsequently and left him one by one, to be replaced one by one, well yeah, yes.

You're just kidding, aren't you....?

Well that's what happened with Guns N Rose and I still call them Guns N Roses.

It's a big deal. I think we shouldn't downplay that at all.

What I hate more than anything is WAITING and when others have no problem with WASTING YOUR TIME.

Being in the military and being in a relationship with a woman who doesn't care about being on time, and doesn't mind wasting mine, makes me definitely understand were he is coming from.

It's not that I disagree with Slash, it's that he probably shouldn't have commented on that aspect given the context of the discussion, because it just seemed out-of-place. If Eddie had specifically asked about the late start times then I wouldn't have had a problem with his response. It was just the fact that he tacked it on to the end of the question about Duff and everything.

In any negotiation, both sides have to bend. If waiting an hour or so extra every night is all Slash has to put up with? Well then he needs to fucking DEAL and man up. That's a small price to pay for something this epic.

I agree, those n*gg*s shouldn't on stage with slash. they should be playing basketball or something.

Larry Bird says you're a fucking idiot and I say you should be banned for that shit.

Sunny was being sarcastic, just fyi. We can let that slide.

I think a lot of the ol'-time rawkers here have a huge disdain for rap/hip-hop in general (though over the past decade I think a lot of that has waned with the younger generation) and the whole argument that Slash performs with rappers just seems lazy to me. It's the fact that he's performing with average rappers that should bother people, not that he's performing with rappers. And to be fair Jamie Foxx isn't that bad. He's just better as an actor.

Slash collaborating with artists like Outkast or Kanye could be pretty amazing.

Long odds.

What about former managers, girlfriends, other bandmates, record label executives, the dublin crowd, etc.

Yeah, I think of all the things you can say about Slash (and keep in mind I criticized him in this thread for his comments), shoving blame on other people is one of the least relevant. He certainly took a lot of the blame in his book, publicly apologized numerous times on TV (including Letterman), and has tried repeatedly to rekindle that relationship. Axl, on the other hand, does seem to particularly enjoy placing blame on everyone else...even when he was arrested in 2006, instead of just admitting he was drunk and disorderly, he had the gall to blame hotel staff for getting in his way. And when the album wasn't delivered by the tentative '07 deadline he blamed Merck for everything. It's just his nature and we've gotten used to it by now, but to try and blame Slash for being that way is kind of ridiculous when the person you're contrasting against is Axl Rose.

Long odds.

How was he being an ass exactly? Going on late has been a problem for Slash since the AFD days so this is nothing new. Whether you believe it or not that seems to be a deal breaker for Slash doing a reunoin even if Axl agreed to do it.

Did you read Slash's book mate? he does not blame Axl for everything he has his point of view on what went down, which is supported by commmets of the other ex members btw, and he abmits that Axl proabaly has his view of things.

All Slash is guilty of is venting his views and frustrations publicly in interviews over the years. And as I said above the others in the band have said similar things to the press about Axl so there must be some truth in what Slash claims.

Axl wanted complete control over the band and he made life miserable for everyone in the band and they quit one by one until he got it...those are the fact which every ex band member has said in interviews...so stop trying to twist the facts Archer and rewrite history.....Interviews with all the ex members do not support your version of what happened.......

One thing we do agree on is there will be no reunoin in the near future if at all........

No, and I don't think I will be reading it. I'm sure that Axl has his own own unique version of events, but what I will give the man is that a) he is consistent and b.) he seems to have very firm rules about what he believes in and stands by. People like that have a hard time forgiving those who've betrayed their trust.

'So there must be some truth'? ??

Do you take the word of the majority just because they've parroted one version consistently (note - consistent only around Axl being the villian of the piece) over a long period of time, while the man in question kept silent during all that time battling his own issues as well as those that they created?

Let me ask you - does Slash's book or any statement from the others' interviews ever claim that Axl was at the levels of drug addled lack of sobriety that they reached? If tomorrow they all claimed that Axl was as stoned and drunk senseless as they were, would that make it the truth?

'Axl wanted complete control of the band, Axl made life miserable, Axl did this, Axl did that' - yeah, yeah we've all heard that before and some of you have no problems in believing the words of some obviously inconsistent people who were out of their senses during most of the events in question, versus one person, who while unbending and a maverick in most things, was more likely in control of himself and his actions.

You can even dispute Axl's actions or his behavior if you want to, but I give it to the man for being upfront about what he is about and I doubt that he was ever confused about what actually happened.

Axl's given enough information on what transpired about most of these things and denied all those accusations - you don't even have to go read a book for it - some of it is in the Axl chats on the main page - unfiltered and not embellished by any ghost writer. So, is it because his is one voice against many that you can't or won't trust his version of events????

Edited by The Archer

Let me ask you - does Slash's book or any statement from the others' interviews ever claim that Axl was at the levels of drug addled lack of sobriety that they reached? If tomorrow they all claimed that Axl was as stoned and drunk senseless as they were, would that make it the truth?

'Axl wanted complete control of the band, Axl made life miserable, Axl did this, Axl did that' - yeah, yeah we've all heard that before and some of you have no problems in believing the words of some obviously inconsistent people who were out of their senses during most of the events in question, versus one person, who while unbending and a maverick in most things, was more likely in control of himself and his actions.

Keith Richards was on way more drugs than Mick ever was and yet by all accounts (including his own) he was far more sensible and didn't try to take control of the Stones the way Jagger did. Mick even re-titled the band "Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones" at one point in the '80s before Keith stepped in. Just because Slash and the others were on lots of drugs doesn't necessarily indicate that Axl's actions were more sensible -- Axl's personality is obviously quite...unique, and if anything, the fact that he was sober and they weren't very well might have allowed him to get away with more than a sober person might tolerate. Just sayin'.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Long odds.

Who was talking about Axl? You were. Do you know what happened between him, his managers, girlfriends, bandmates, records label execs etc? I don't and I don't care and I wasn't at Dublin.

My point was about Slash and how he manages to shift blame to Axl even when it seems that he is apologizing . While Slash gives out all these apologies in whatever form, they obviously don't seem to be working for Mr. Rose. Maybe Axl believes that there's something oddly insincere about them. Maybe, he is disgusted that half truths are more damning and difficult to counter while easier for people to swallow. Maybe it's frustrating to see that while he doesn't go about parading himself all over the place, these 'apologies' make it easier for a lot of people out there to swallow the story that he is the bogeyman. Maybe it just riles him that these apologies are just attempts at more press around the time of Slash's latest album release. I don't know what Axl thinks, but Slash's apologies seem to be working only for the people who want to believe him.

Keith Richards was on way more drugs than Mick ever was and yet by all accounts (including his own) he was far more sensible and didn't try to take control of the Stones the way Jagger did. Mick even re-titled the band "Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones" at one point in the '80s before Keith stepped in. Just because Slash and the others were on lots of drugs doesn't necessarily indicate that Axl's actions were more sensible -- Axl's personality is obviously quite...unique, and if anything, the fact that he was sober and they weren't very well might have allowed him to get away with more than a sober person might tolerate. Just sayin'.

Maybe. Maybe not. Different band, different people. Different events.

Edit - I will go with probably not :tongue2: my opinion.

Edited by The Archer