Slash on Eddie Trunk right now talking about Duff/Axl reunion

Cockaroachsoup80

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I don't want to read through 10 pages and it was no mentioning about it in the first post. What did the man say about Duff/Axl?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It know, it sucks that it is the lifeblood of the forum.

People are so obsessed over taking sides with 2 people that they do not even know. Sure some people on this forum have met either Axl or Slash, but they don't know them on a personal lever - and most likely never will. None of us know everything that went down in 1996, and it should not matter

You know, I see it like this....both Axl and Slash have a really big ego, way to big by the way. Both are difficult people. But at least with Axl it is pretty clear. He is not trying to convince the press, that he is the nicest guy in the world. I can respect that. I don't believe Slash is that nice as he wants to come across. And with this latest statement he has proven my point of view, that last sentence does it.

Exactly! I don't know why this is not so much more obvious to all those who spent so much time analyzing all the nuances in every nook and cranny of what's been said or not said in a million different places, without getting at the actual nature of these people and what they feel about each other - this is what's at the heart of the matter.

Times running out. A world tour feat. the real GN'R would be something :thumbsup:

Yep, times running out and it'll never happen. How do I know? Slash had dug himself into a grave to much to just call Axl up and be like, "yo wanna reunite?" He has manipulated the public media in the defense that Axl wanted full control and he was this little kid who just wanted to play rock music. For all we know, It seems that Sash cared about himself than Guns N' Roses, even so far as to leave to do his own solo project in the middle of the recording process of the next album after the Illusions.

He also seems to be saying things like Axl has to do this, do that. Sound pretty "shut up and sing" to me.

Since Axl denied the material, claiming it was just "blues riff and nothing else," he to record himself, little did he know that Axl would want them latter with Slash to say "too late."

He even would say things like "Stephanie Seymour ballads," and he just can't stop saying how much he can't stand Sweet Child O' Mine.

He, unlike Axl, is very inconsistent and changes his story all the time. Just like with the Axl house story he said. First he went over his house, then he say's he was drove by Perla to talk to Axl, then he says he left him a note. Which one is it? It just never seems like Slash is generally saying what he feels sometime.

One week he'll say he'll never reunite, no matter how much they put on the table, than in a few weeks he say's how much he thinks Axl Rose is a good musician.

And now with all the fisaco with Axl being late at the Reading and Dublin shows, he probably felt it was a good time to say he couldn't stand Axl going on late. Even to say that GN'R going on late when Duff was there left "a bad taste in his mouth." But Duff, in his interveiw, didn't mention anything about that. It's seems Slash may have been jealous or bitter.

In my view, and even if he says he will never reunite, if Axl called Slash to do one show, he would fly across the globe for it. He's been living off other the GN'R name forever. Even to go so far as to still wear the top hat, braclets, and leather pants. Slash looks like ACDC sounds, because he had wore the same stuff for 20 years. He's more of a image now that a musician, always wearing the top hat and cigeratte. Even Axl tried to reinvent himself with the braid, Slash hasn't even cut his hair in the last 14 years. Or atleast ditched the leather pants, um someone please tell Slash it's 2010, not 1987.

In my opinion, Slash is a master manipulater, always painting Axl as the band guy and always has to make little gabs, or a song (Crucify the Dead) about him.

Like I said before, I think Slash has dug himself to deep in a hole for Axl to reunite with him. Everybody wants a reunion besides Axl because Axl doesn't wanna throw in the flag. He's has built the new GN'R from the ground up for him to just throw them away. He has to much pride and intergrity to just throw everything he's said and played with to the curb for the man he has hated for nearly 15 years and some extra money.

If anything, a charity concert or the RN'R Hall of Fame cerimony is probably the only time we'll see them together.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

About the Snakepit thing: The reason Slash wouldn't let Axl touch them is because they had already been recorded, with vocals, and were ready to be put out. You can just do all that, then when another guy goes "oh hey, this song and this song, I want them back" pull them out of the record for that guy to work on. I really don't see why that is so much of an issue with some people.

I would love GNR to rule the world again. And for that to happen a reunion would probaly have to happen, but I would rather see Axl playing with a group of guys that he loves and respect than guys (Slash) he cannot stand. I love the new lineup and love hearing songs from CD live. If a reunion would happen I doubt their would be any CD songs played. In a cool world I wouldnt mind seeing a GNR world tour with the old lineup playing only the old school stuff and the new lineup playing the newstuff. And of course at certain points of the concerts seeing the new lineup jamming along with the old school stuff.

About the Snakepit thing: The reason Slash wouldn't let Axl touch them is because they had already been recorded, with vocals, and were ready to be put out. You can just do all that, then when another guy goes "oh hey, this song and this song, I want them back" pull them out of the record for that guy to work on. I really don't see why that is so much of an issue with some people.

When one guy is the lead singer of your BAND, and the other is just some relative unknown for a would be side project, what comes first? The band or the side project?

Ultimately, Slash chose his side project over Guns.

When one guy is the lead singer of your BAND, and the other is just some relative unknown for a would be side project, what comes first? The band or the side project?

Ultimately, Slash chose his side project over Guns.

When everything is recorded and ready to be put out, the side project. Why abandon something that you've finished and ready to be toured, to go back to a situation with no real creative mojo happening?

As much talented as they might be, we're talking about Guns N' Roses, not Axl and friends.

No actually, you wanna check the register.

Or even wikipedia.

The current line-up is Guns N' Roses. The old line-up were Guns N' Roses.

:rofl-lol:

They won't even come close to the 'old' GN'R...

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

+1

The Axlites are so brainwashed that it's just funny. They kinda remind me of religious people who constantly bitch about "There's is a god and I don't care about logic thinking" bla bla bla. You just can't talk sense into their easily manipulative heads, just like the Axlites on these boards...

Guns N' Roses need five ingredients to be complete, and those ingredients are Steven, Duff, Slash, Izzy and Axl. Right now Guns N' Roses is just like a pizza with no cheese, tomato sause, oregano or meat. Pretty fucking boring in other words.

As much talented as they might be, we're talking about Guns N' Roses, not Axl and friends.

No actually, you wanna check the register.

Or even wikipedia.

The current line-up is Guns N' Roses. The old line-up were Guns N' Roses.

:rofl-lol:

They won't even come close to the 'old' GN'R...

But than again, besides some handfull of people on the forums, nobody sees this version as GN'R.

+1

The Axlites are so brainwashed that it's just funny. They kinda remind me of religious people who constantly bitch about "There's is a god and I don't care about logic thinking" bla bla bla. You just can't talk sense into their easily manipulative heads, just like the Axlites on these boards...

Guns N' Roses need five ingredients to be complete, and those ingredients are Steven, Duff, Slash, Izzy and Axl. Right now Guns N' Roses is just like a pizza with no cheese, tomato sause, oregano or meat. Pretty fucking boring in other words.

You say it perfectly..;)