Guns N 'Roses being boycotted in Israel

realpoti

Not weird and this has little to do with GN'R - they basically have asked the band to boycott Israel, as they ask all artists to do. They're not boycotting GN'R so the headline is misleading. It's a Palestinian group who feel that Israel shouldn't get concerts until the occupation ends. I won't get into the politics behind it or who's right/wrong, but it's not going to have any real impact if GN'R want to play there.

Guest Len B'stard

Lots of bands have pulled out playing Israel, Pixies, Elvis Costello.

My man Johnny Rotten didn't though :):) Play for the people, not for governments.

My man Johnny Rotten didn't though :):) Play for the people, not for governments.

Indeed. Lydon got the typical media shitstorm for it but he made it clear he wasn't giving a toss about the politics of it all. It was for the people who wanted to hear the music.

May the road rise with you.

IMO all the fans around the world deserve to have the chance of attending a show of their favourite singer or band no matter where they are or what the political conditions are. This letter is absurd and the people who wrote it should stop behaving like idiots and not mix music with politics. I bet there are a lot of palestinian fans who would love to have GNR playing in their land as well, and if that were the case I bet this group of people ( the ones who wrote the letter) wouldn´t be complaining.

IMO all the fans around the world deserve to have the chance of attending a show of their favourite singer or band no matter where they are or what the political conditions are. This letter is absurd and the people who wrote it should stop behaving like idiots and not mix music with politics. I bet there are a lot of palestinian fans who would love to have GNR playing in their land as well, and if that were the case I bet this group of people ( the ones who wrote the letter) wouldn´t be complaining.

Very much agreed.

The "Palestinians" can make the request, absolutely. Of course, any artist can tell them to go fuck themselves too.

Ain't life grand?

Funny how people weren't giving S. Africa this kinda benefit of the doubt ("oh but the fans!") and blacks under apartheid had it a lot better than the Palestinians do under Israel (in fact S. Africa had an illegal immigration problem).

Funny how people weren't giving S. Africa this kinda benefit of the doubt ("oh but the fans!") and blacks under apartheid had it a lot better than the Palestinians do under Israel (in fact S. Africa had an illegal immigration problem).

Though to be fair, blacks weren't strapping bombs to their women and children and sending them into the town square.