Guns N 'Roses being boycotted in Israel

realpoti

Funny how people weren't giving S. Africa this kinda benefit of the doubt ("oh but the fans!") and blacks under apartheid had it a lot better than the Palestinians do under Israel (in fact S. Africa had an illegal immigration problem).

Though to be fair, blacks weren't strapping bombs to their women and children and sending them into the town square.

mandela advocated violence. it isn't really well known or talked about, but apartheid in S. Africa was not without it.

i think it is cool that gnr pulled out of israel, if they did. i miss bands standing for something.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Funny how people weren't giving S. Africa this kinda benefit of the doubt ("oh but the fans!") and blacks under apartheid had it a lot better than the Palestinians do under Israel (in fact S. Africa had an illegal immigration problem).

Though to be fair, blacks weren't strapping bombs to their women and children and sending them into the town square.

mandela advocated violence. it isn't really well known or talked about, but apartheid in S. Africa was not without it.

i think it is cool that gnr pulled out of israel, if they did. i miss bands standing for something.

Yeah plenty of "innocent" white South Africans got killed just like "innocent" Israeli civilians have been killed. Hell, Amy Biehl was a white American trying to help the blacks in S. Africa and look what happened to her...

I'm pretty sure Axl's on the Israeli side of the fence, there were some Israeli fans a while back who met him and said he said "I believe in Israel" or something, plus GNR have played Tel Aviv before.

That's bullshit. The Israelians should have the same right to experience Axl taking the stage hours late, if at all.

And the Palestinians ? Have they right to live ?

Agreed. If Axl starts killing Palestinian civilians for no good reason, he should be boycotted.

But until then, the whole thing is absurd.

I'm pretty sure Axl's on the Israeli side of the fence, there were some Israeli fans a while back who met him and said he said "I believe in Israel" or something, plus GNR have played Tel Aviv before.

Well, it was the Arab nations that previously ruled that territory that invaded Israel, not the other way around. So it's certainly reasonable to side with the Israelis.

I would never play in Izrael with my band. The fact that someone was killing them in 40s should not mean that they can do what they are doin nowadays. They attacked a A HOSPITAL in palestina with CHEMICAL weapons. None has done that barbarous things like Izraels in past decades.

They don't deserve GNR.

I would never play in Izrael with my band. The fact that someone was killing them in 40s should not mean that they can do what they are doin nowadays. They attacked a A HOSPITAL in palestina with CHEMICAL weapons. None has done that barbarous things like Izraels in past decades.

They don't deserve GNR.

...except that Cast Lead was in response to Palestinian rocket fire on Sderot that had been falling for years. It wasn't a random act.

What hospital are you talking about? Without a specific example, I can't give a detailed response, but odds are the hospital was either being used for weapon storage or strategic planning, making it a legitimate target. Chemical weapons are often alleged and not often proved, so I'd like to see what you're talking about. Can you post an article?