GNR paid 1 million for Moscow show

axl666

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol? wait, wait, wait that son of a bitch gets paid to do this shit? uhh i feel icky all over, you mean this whole time, this WHOLE TIME!?!?!??! HE GETS PAID TO PLAY LIVE SHOWS?!?!?!??! I JUST CANT FUCKING TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

on a more serious, less hysterical note, is there a possibility he played a new/unheard song for this audience? i mean, if you're going to pay the man $1 million surely you're in the position to request some special treatment - not withstanding the obvious 'you're getting special treatment just by having him there' of course.

Edited by Atlas Shrugged

Lowest moment in recent GNR history..

Just doesn't feel right.

What doesn't feel right? That he accepted money to play a show?

Yeah, why? I don't understand why it doesn't feel right? All bands are doing stuff like this, what would make him any different?

If he had turned this down, I seriously would have doubt his mental state! (like that never happenend before ;) , but than I had prove!)

So I think that all the 'Sla$h arguments' are now history on this board... :rolleyes:

Anyway, GNR would be idiots not to play for 1 million USD or EURO. And you kids should be happy they did the show. Should they want to go into the studio recording new material, they will probably need to pay themselves this time around. A lot of dumb fucks on this board.

I'm a huge Axl fan.

The only problem I have with this is that this is the third show this year that Axl has played to an elite audience (rose bar, l'arc, moscow).

From a PR point of view I'd mix elite show up with free show for small number of fans (like the concert after the O2 in London in 2006).

Lowest moment in recent GNR history..

Just doesn't feel right.

What doesn't feel right? That he accepted money to play a show?

That GNR are an act ready to perfrom to the highest bidder...

Seems strange and very Un-Axl, but times are tough and if that's how it's gotta be I'll get used to it.

The problem isn't that the band get paid for this show. The problem is that they play for a very specific audience that don't know shit about GNR

Axl isn't responsible of the people attending those shows, it's the responsible of the coordination and communication for the band in the countries they're invited, like in France, the french in charge of promoting GNR was here and only let 5 fans get in (they had been waiting the whole day) and basically said fuck you to everyone else, I swear I'll find that son of a bitch and kill him.

Edited by D..

So I think that all the 'Sla$h arguments' are now history on this board... :rolleyes:

And the reason is...?

People call Slash a sell-out because of the things he does besides music. Axl gets payed 1million dollar to do a private gig, for playing under the GN'R name.

Not very hard to say, who the 'sell-out' is.