GNR paid 1 million for Moscow show

axl666

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ain't a big deal, I'm sure everybody had a decent time and Axl's band walked away with some good coin. Whoever hired them probably had mad money and would've just kept upping the price had they said no.

At some point it doesn't matter how they felt about doing a private show for money, you'd be stupid to say no to a million bucks...

At least we know that he can be bought.

I wonder how much $$$ it would take to get Axl to come back here and chat with us?

More importantly, how much to perform with Slash?

Didn't any of those guys said that they were offered a lot of money to do a reunion?

Setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Rocket Queen

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Dj Ashba Guitar Solo (Ballad Of Death)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam (Another Brick In The Wall) / Axl Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther)

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Encore:

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie

Paradise City

All of you who are complaining about this, making GN'R a sell out etc are full of shit.

Every show GN'R plays they get paid for, this is no different, you'll just love something to bitch about - like you'd turn down $1million, you'd probably do ANYTHING for a million bucks.

I find it ironic that the ones criticizing Axl for doing this gig are mainly the supporters of a reunion.

A reunion would be THE MOST BLANTANT HUMONGOUS FUCKING BULLSHIT CASH GRAB and nothing else. The Moscow concert wasn't shit.

"Fuck the bourgeoisie!!!"-Axl Rose

(unless they pay you $1 million dollars)

You work for free I guess? Never accepted a pay rise?

If the band played this gig for FREE all of your Re-unionist aresholes would still be talking shit - "no one will pay this line-up to play" etc.

Slash plays all of his shows for free I guess, gives it all to charity I suppose - god bless him.

Edited by axl8302

I see something interesting in this thread. The band were not just paid 1 million for this show, there is more to it. Listen anyone can put up one million to have them play but they aint playing for everyone, there was a reason they decided to do this one and it was not for $$$. Think about it guys some rich kids could get mom or dad to pay a million, does not mean Guns will play his birthday or some shit...

Anyway they get paid every gig they play, they also have to pay alot of people to put on the shows, even a small show..

I can't read the article right now since it's blocked at work, but has anyone considered that it's not a straight profit of 1 million dollars (unless stated in the article that was the profit). But they just got done playing in England, so to pay for all of the band to fly from England to Russia, plus ship all of their equipment. Not to mention techs and the crew who make the show happen (lightening guy, sound guy, etc). And again, I did not read the article yet, so if it does state that it was a small scaled down show, you might not need everyone, but I'm still sure they need their equipment and stuff. It's not like they were planning on playing Russia and added an extra show for this guy. They had to get off of them and their stuff to a different country. 1 million dollars seems pretty fair to me, with all of that consider.

Sorry to waste your time.

I can't read the article right now since it's blocked at work, but has anyone considered that it's not a straight profit of 1 million dollars (unless stated in the article that was the profit). But they just got done playing in England, so to pay for all of the band to fly from England to Russia, plus ship all of their equipment. Not to mention techs and the crew who make the show happen (lightening guy, sound guy, etc). And again, I did not read the article yet, so if it does state that it was a small scaled down show, you might not need everyone, but I'm still sure they need their equipment and stuff. It's not like they were planning on playing Russia and added an extra show for this guy. They had to get off of them and their stuff to a different country. 1 million dollars seems pretty fair to me, with all of that consider.

Sorry to waste your time.

Shit man, don't apologize, these are perfectly valid points. However 1 million dollars has this magical aura around it and just wouldn't sound the same if it was 1 million minus the expenses lol.

All of you who are complaining about this, making GN'R a sell out etc are full of shit.

Every show GN'R plays they get paid for, this is no different, you'll just love something to bitch about - like you'd turn down $1million, you'd probably do ANYTHING for a million bucks.

This!

lol, $ta$h fans everywhere in this thread trying to justify Slash's shit by comparing it to this $1 million show.

Funny thing is that blabbermouth reports this with the objective of people thinking "oooh Axl is a sellout... blah blah blah".... and then they report Slash's shitty stuff with Fergie (FUCKING FERGIE) like he was the reencarnation of Hendrix. I guess it has something to do with the owners of blabbermouth.net being Slash's record company. :D

I see something interesting in this thread. The band were not just paid 1 million for this show, there is more to it. Listen anyone can put up one million to have them play but they aint playing for everyone, there was a reason they decided to do this one and it was not for $$$. Think about it guys some rich kids could get mom or dad to pay a million, does not mean Guns will play his birthday or some shit...

Anyway they get paid every gig they play, they also have to pay alot of people to put on the shows, even a small show..

Exactly what I'm thinking. Who says this is some complete stranger throwing $1 million to book his favorite band? There must be some kind of a connection between the two.