GNR paid 1 million for Moscow show

axl666

"Fuck the bourgeoisie!!!"-Axl Rose

(unless they pay you $1 million dollars)

You work for free I guess? Never accepted a pay rise?

If the band played this gig for FREE all of your Re-unionist aresholes would still be talking shit - "no one will pay this line-up to play" etc.

Slash plays all of his shows for free I guess, gives it all to charity I suppose - god bless him.

what does Slash have to do with this?

the fact that you non re-unionist arseholes always call him a sellout

then your boy turns around and does the exact same thing

and suddenly its all hey they charge for shows no big deal

been hearing for years its all about Axls integrity its all about the music with him

at least Slash isnt a hypocrite about it

you dont see him tweeting hypocritical shit like ...................

This was hard comin' as all anyone bsides the band thinks about is the money. Who gives a fuck about the fans, how it sounds or if it fucks up the rest of the tour?! I don't perform for ANYONE in this industry n' no matter how nice, funny or what spin they put on things they're seemingly n' unfortunately all the same. We had a good show here in Sao Paulo n' a bunch of opportunists w/out my knowledge or consent did their best to make it about them b4 hand instead of the fans or there wouldn't have been shit in the Post but hey we got past 'em enough to do r gig. What's really crazy is these same types have the unmitigated gall to feel they're the ones who were taken advantage of!! Fuck the bourgeoisie!! Of course that's not to say there weren't plenty in attendance the other nite who like us got duped as well but the others well... It's not for them or their kind

...................and then charge the same type of people he whined about just a few months ago a $1000 a ticket

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are either one of them sellouts? They play their music and get paid for the service. Why does it make a difference where?

They have both ventured into other businesses, like producing movies. That's not selling out.

Slash has branded some of the musical equipment he has used. Seems okay to me.

They have both worked with other artists. That's called collaborating. Not selling out.

If the band played this gig for FREE all of your Re-unionist aresholes would still be talking shit - "no one will pay this line-up to play" etc.

Slash plays all of his shows for free I guess, gives it all to charity I suppose - god bless him.

at least Slash isnt a hypocrite

What about November Rain? Your guitar solo on a mountain is a great rock-video moment.

I haven't seen that in years. November Rain is still one of the most expensive videos ever made. I hate videos. So that's right up at the top - the epitome of the kind of thing I cannot stand.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/slash-from-guns-n-roses-admits-he-has-no-time-for-videos-like-the-one-for-november-rain/story-e6frf9hf-1225863181784

How are either one of them sellouts? They play their music and get paid for the service. Why does it make a difference where?

They have both ventured into other businesses, like producing movies. That's not selling out.

Slash has branded some of the musical equipment he has used. Seems okay to me.

They have both worked with other artists. That's called collaborating. Not selling out.

Great post Orsys.

At this point I don't even think it's about Slash being a sellout it's just more about everything he does is completely lame. If anything by calling him a sellout is sort of a compliment in a way, cuz it's like they're saying, "please tell us this isn't the best you can do and that you're just in it for the money." Ya dig?

In all areas of life principals come into play.

Axl wrote a whole song about it. Prostitute from CD...

Ask yourself

Why I would choose

To prostitute myself

To live with fortune and shame

Axl never chased the all mighty dollar. He could do a reunion, make 100's of millions but no..it's about what makes him happy as a person and artistically.

This is an odd move for Axl, that's all were saying. Who knew GNR were a band for hire?

If that's how it is now, that's cool, doesn't change anything really.

at least Slash isnt a hypocrite

What about November Rain? Your guitar solo on a mountain is a great rock-video moment.

I haven't seen that in years. November Rain is still one of the most expensive videos ever made. I hate videos. So that's right up at the top - the epitome of the kind of thing I cannot stand.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/music/slash-from-guns-n-roses-admits-he-has-no-time-for-videos-like-the-one-for-november-rain/story-e6frf9hf-1225863181784

Nice find! :rofl-lol:

been hearing for years its all about Axls integrity its all about the music with him

This was hard comin' as all anyone bsides the band thinks about is the money. Who gives a fuck about the fans, how it sounds or if it fucks up the rest of the tour?! I don't perform for ANYONE in this industry n' no matter how nice, funny or what spin they put on things they're seemingly n' unfortunately all the same. We had a good show here in Sao Paulo n' a bunch of opportunists w/out my knowledge or consent did their best to make it about them b4 hand instead of the fans or there wouldn't have been shit in the Post but hey we got past 'em enough to do r gig. What's really crazy is these same types have the unmitigated gall to feel they're the ones who were taken advantage of!! Fuck the bourgeoisie!! Of course that's not to say there weren't plenty in attendance the other nite who like us got duped as well but the others well... It's not for them or their kind

...................and then charge the same type of people he whined about just a few months ago a $1000 a ticket

I don't know what you're talking about, I don't think you do either, you're just ranting now. You know nothing about the situation, the band can play to who they want, whenever they want, and whiney bitches on an internet forum ain't going to change that. When Axl starts appearing on mastercard adverts and plays with fergie, you might have a case. You're not selling out when you're getting paid for your job, no matter how much you receive.

Put the keyboard down and get some fresh air.

Edited by axl8302

show us something that implies that Slash playing a concert with his band and someone called him a sellout...

he plays with whomever he wants to play with, and gets called a sellout everytime by the same types who are here defending Axl

people especially like to bring up MJ, Paulina Rubio, Fergie, etc etc

is Axl a sellout for this, of course not

he wasnt a sell out for playing for Donatella Versace or Rosario Dawson or with Baz or Bubbles or for doing GTA either

so the double standards are ridiculous

I don't know what you're talking about, I don't think you do either, you're just ranting now. You know nothing about the situation, the band can play to who they want, whenever they want, and whiney bitches on an internet forum ain't going to change that. When Axl starts appearing on mastercard adverts and plays with fergie, you might have a case. You're not selling out when you're getting paid for your job, no matter how much you receive.

of course you dont know what Im talking about

its obviously way over your head

the fact you brought up Fergie says it all

In all areas of life principals come into play.

Axl wrote a whole song about it. Prostitute from CD...

Ask yourself

Why I would choose

To prostitute myself

To live with fortune and shame

Axl never chased the all mighty dollar. He could do a reunion, make 100's of millions but no..it's about what makes him happy as a person and artistically.

This is an odd move for Axl, that's all were saying. Who knew GNR were a band for hire?

If that's how it is now, that's cool, doesn't change anything really.

You didn't know guns were a band for hire? What do you think promoters do?

show us something that implies that Slash playing a concert with his band and someone called him a sellout...

he plays with whomever he wants to play with, and gets called a sellout everytime by the same types who are here defending Axl

he wasnt a sell out for playing for Donatella Versace or Rosario Dawson or with Baz or Bubbles or for doing GTA either

The fact that Slash plays and records with her say's it all. Are we to expect him on the x-factor next?

Edited by axl8302

It cost money to move the stage, sound system, crew, band members, pay the band members, pay the record company it's share and the managment as well. So it's not like the band is pocketing $1 million dollars. Yeah they probly made a good sum. I don't think these show are just for any rich person that wants them I feel it from people he knows that want them to perform in an up close setting but at the end of the day even if he knows the person very well it costs the band money so it isn't going to be free.

IMHO I don't think it is some random rich person contacting the GNR camp, it's someone they know.

Also as Axl has said he likes doing those type of shows from time to time as a stess reliever. When Axl started they where a club band and I feel these shows for Axl it's feels like it did back in the day. Have you even done something that years ago you done it one way and now you do it a differenet way and you find yourself going back to the old way from time to time just for fun or to rediscover what you are doing. Just now when Axl playes a club type setting he makes alot more.

If these show are happening the way I think the are then I have no problem with them, if it's just some random person that no one in the band knows thats another thing.

Edited by bigcountry

Did the people attending the show really have to pay nearly a grand to get it? If that's true, that's just ridiculous IMO. I wouldn't pay a grand to see anybody, not even the AFD lineup.

I don't really blame Axl (or any other artist for that matter) for not turning down this gig. A million $$ for a few hours work doesn't sound like something I would turn down.

Besides, just about every "major" artist sells out in some way at some point. Axl Rose is no different.

The fact that Slash plays and records with her say's it all. Are we to expect him on the x-factor next?

So now Slash is not allowed to play with other artists? :rolleyes:

So now Slash is not allowed to play with other artists? :rolleyes:

only respected and talented artists like Baz and Bubble

or he should just disappear for years, not perform at all, then go out and tour the same album for the 3rd time

that would make Slash so much cooler

So, GNR playing concerts around the world for xxxxxx $. GNR playing a concert in Moscow for yyyyyyy $. What's the difference?? :question:

Because they simply played in Moscow for the big money; their were no 'fans'.

They flew all the way to Moscow for a simple private gig, where the earn more than 2 times the money the earn with a big concert and had only a few expendatures to cover: no big stage, no big crew, no pyro.

Cause if Slash did it; people would call him a sell-out. And now some fucking morons are defending GN'R for doing this and simple call it a 'gig'.

Edited by saulhudson88

This ain't a big deal, I'm sure everybody had a decent time and Axl's band walked away with some good coin. Whoever hired them probably had mad money and would've just kept upping the price had they said no.

At some point it doesn't matter how they felt about doing a private show for money, you'd be stupid to say no to a million bucks...

You should really start your own MyAxlsbandforumfortrollslikemewhowanttodissAxlfornotmakingupwithSlashandgivingmewhatIamentitledto.

This ain't a big deal, I'm sure everybody had a decent time and Axl's band walked away with some good coin. Whoever hired them probably had mad money and would've just kept upping the price had they said no.

At some point it doesn't matter how they felt about doing a private show for money, you'd be stupid to say no to a million bucks...

You should really start your own MyAxlsbandforumfortrollslikemewhowanttodissAxlfornotmakingupwithSlashandgivingmewhatIamentitledto.

:rolleyes:

Moreblack isn't a cupcake.

I'm a huge Axl fan.

The only problem I have with this is that this is the third show this year that Axl has played to an elite audience (rose bar, l'arc, moscow).

From a PR point of view I'd mix elite show up with free show for small number of fans (like the concert after the O2 in London in 2006).

Good one.

Edited by The Archer

People call Slash a sell-out because of the things he does besides music. Axl gets payed 1million dollar to do a private gig, for playing under the GN'R name.

Not very hard to say, who the 'sell-out' is.

When you put it that way, it really DOES make Slash sound like a sell-out, pimping himself out for sideshows while Axl just gets paid to play gigs. Maybe you should rephrase your argument.