Vincent Vega

Is it just me or did Axl's voice start to seriously go downhill by the end of the UYI tour? The helium sound was just starting to creep in; He had nor rasp, and his voice sounded very strained. He had a clean sort of scream; Strong and well controlled (unlike 2002), but with no rasp and no power. Look at Argentina 1993, and compare it to how he sounds at Argentina 1992 or Tokyo 1992, or Maine 1991.

Edited by Indigo Child

Is it just me or did Axl's voice start to seriously go downhill by the end of the UYI tour? The helium sound was just starting to creep in; He had nor rasp, and his voice sounded very strained. He had a clean sort of scream; Strong and well controlled (unlike 2002), but with no rasp and no power. Look at Argentina 1993, and compare it to how he sounds at Argentina 1992 or Tokyo 1992, or Maine 1991.

He sounded like fucking shit in 1991/1992. Argentina 93 was one of his best shows of that tour, vocally.

He sounded like fucking shit in 1991/1992. Argentina 93 was one of his best shows of that tour, vocally.

+1

listen to how axl sings Coma the live era version which is from 1993 compared to any other other version played and tell me his voice was struggling

Live Era isn't a good example because Axl rerecorded them back in the day in studio.

1993 was a the best part of the tour.

I'd literally kill to see the Mylton Keynes Show in '93.

listen to how axl sings Coma the live era version which is from 1993 compared to any other other version played and tell me his voice was struggling

Live Era isn't a good example because Axl rerecorded them back in the day in studio.

1993 was a the best part of the tour.

I'd literally kill to see the Mylton Keynes Show in '93.

i wasnt talking about the album, was talkin about the version Coma from it which wasnt rerecorded, it was played on the US tour from 93 and if you compare to the versions from 91/92 when they played the song, they dont compare vocally.

his voice gradually got better from the US tour then was peak during the european and last shows in argentina

Edited by dtjmf13

Overall, the band was preforming worse towards the end of the tour. Being on tour for that ammount of time was taking it out of all of them. Drugs and alcohol didn't help.

Yes, there are a few good shows from 93. But some are absolutely terrible. There is one where Axl can't even manage to sing Sweet Child. Overall, the best leg of that tour was the 92 tour. Some amazing shows and the band was extremely tight during shows.

Argentina 1992 is so good. You'll notice that Duff especially looks shockingly sober. He looked like a different person on that night than pretty much any other show of the UYI tour. But what I have seen and heard of 1993 is great.

Overall, the band was preforming worse towards the end of the tour. Being on tour for that ammount of time was taking it out of all of them. Drugs and alcohol didn't help.

Yes, there are a few good shows from 93. But some are absolutely terrible. There is one where Axl can't even manage to sing Sweet Child. Overall, the best leg of that tour was the 92 tour. Some amazing shows and the band was extremely tight during shows.

where does axl not manage to sing Sweet Child?

who else loves the screams at the end of SCOM, as they gradually progressed from 91 to 93, how he did them in 93 were over the top a little but gives me tingles all the time, funny how on the 2nd last show in argentina he says "fuck izzy stradlin, gilby clarke" during the end bit of the song.