Ashba about next album: "We're talking about that right now"

Azazel

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, I can't imagine hearing a new album without leaks, If I heard CD for the first time without hearing any leaks my head would've probably exploded.

may be they just havent started recording it yet? if they are going to only release new material, that would explain why there arent any leaks.

if there was no leaks from CD i think my head would'a exploded too..

Have people learned nothing with GNR since 2001??!!!!! There's no point getting excited about anything until a record is on a shelf or tickets are actually on sale. DJ saying the next album won't take as long as the last one means nothing either. Right now he's still got about 11 and a half years to keep his promise!!!

why do people think it's going to be called "Chinese Democracy 2"?

that has to be one of the dumbest possible names for it

it's like the GN'R camp saying "Ya, we had enough for a double disc, but we wanted to make you wait for the other batch of songs"

Edited by RJ88

Wow. Well, if we are actually getting a U.S. tour in Feb, we must be literally days away from it being announced if they want it to sell even moderately well.

Promotion needs to be done you are right, although in the dead of winter people don't mind getting out to see a how I would imagine. I hope they announce tickets soon though so there is plenty of time to decide to buy them for US fans

why do people think it's going to be called "Chinese Democracy 2"?

that has to be one of the dumbest possible names for it

it's like the GN'R camp saying "Ya, we had enough for a double disc, but we wanted to make you wait for the other batch of songs"

That's just a way to refer to the next album. Well, it kind of make sense if it's gonna be with the remaining stuff from the Chinese Democracy era.

I wish they would just release the rest of the CD material right now. Who knows if Axl will even have writing chemistry with these guys. He might end up rejecting DJ's and Ron's material. Touring the US two years after CD was released without a new album is a mistake, imo. Hope they come to Vancouver though!

Edited by ITW 2012

It's nice to hear him speaking enthusiastically about the band's future, but I think he's making promises that aren't really in his power to keep.

Yes, but GnR posted the clip on their Facebook and Twitter pages, so it adds a little more weight to it.

I was under the impression that the rest of the songs from the CD sessions were completed. They should be ready to just release, right? What would Ashba have to do, re-record all of finck's parts? (I sure hope not.) Also, Ashba said "We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good, man." It certainly sounds like they are going to be doing new writing and recording.

I was under the impression that the rest of the songs from the CD sessions were completed. They should be ready to just release, right? What would Ashba have to do, re-record all of finck's parts? (I sure hope not.) Also, Ashba said "We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good, man." It certainly sounds like they are going to be doing new writing and recording.

Yeah, but he mentions stuff Axl already has too.